Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
You didn't even post the Clark in the actual thread did you? Good theater going on in these threads!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I would agree that the # you can claim should be limited, but I think 1 per month is a bit extreme. How about if you claimed a card in the past two weeks and you see another one you like, you need to let the new card be posted for 24 hrs with no one claiming it and then you can take it? I think that's more reasonable.

It accomplishes two things: 1) It gives more people a chance to get the card because the same person isn't always claiming and 2) It give the repeat claiment the opportunity to continue to build his PC collection without having to wait an excessively long time.

And I think that just being honest about the two week thing should be assumed... just as if it were a month... no one should have to police it!

I've been lurking on both threads and I think Bill is spot on.
This is a cool idea and hopefully I can get in on the action too.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
It's okay guys. A buddy sent me a text and I didn't want to miss out. If anyone DOES have that card or sees one I want one for my PC. Long history of rooting for Clark.:)

No harm, no foul.

I didn't realize it was a joke, it's on me.:grouphug:
Sorry for the confusion.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Dan, you will be a subject of me paying it forward. You have no choice, I have your address.

Really not necessary Joe. You've done a good job jumpstarting this thread. Simple misunderstanding is all, nothing owed. All is well.:)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just take down Dan's card before someone takes it and keep it on the card it is on currently? I don't see how that is so hard... once someone claims it, then it'll switch gears and be a two card thread

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
And why did we skip the Kevin Alan guys posts? The Texans lot and/or the baseball lot? Did Alex just determine that the lots weren't good enough?

And why offer 2 different options? That just confuses the XXXX out of people. What if person A claims the first lot and person B claims the second lot? Then you have 2 proper "Pay It Forwards" and everything gets confusing.

I guess I just don't know why it is so confusing.

As far as claiming more than one, I can see both sides, but if everything else is within the rules set forth at the beginning, so be it.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
And why did we skip the Kevin Alan guys posts? The Texans lot and/or the baseball lot? Did Alex just determine that the lots weren't good enough?

And why offer 2 different options? That just confuses the XXXX out of people. What if person A claims the first lot and person B claims the second lot? Then you have 2 proper "Pay It Forwards" and everything gets confusing.

As far as claiming more than one, I can see both sides, but if everything else is within the rules set forth at the beginning, so be it.

Too many people griping about it. I just decided to wipe the slate and start it over. That's all. I wanted to give it a kick start.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I am fine leaving it available without anything in return. It was a simple misunderstanding. Im not taking the Molitor off the table because of my mistake. If someone wants the card, I am happy to put it back up after someone claims the Braun.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

I just put 2 options up to try to move it along quicker, once either A or B was taken the other was no longer available

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I am fine leaving it available without anything in return. It was a simple misunderstanding. Im not taking the Molitor off the table because of my mistake. If someone wants the card, I am happy to put it back up after someone claims the Braun.

I have a better solution [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] I am going to take down the Braun as my card & give this to you & you can post your Molitor as we had & [MENTION=5049]Waulk11[/MENTION] you can take down your cards for now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1355326091.767475.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1355326091.767475.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 30

Members online

Latest posts