Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Hello everyone. Congrats to Justin Rose for a well played tournament.

Couldnt agree more. I knew the course favored the good ball strikers, and Rose has been solid ever since he debuted at The Open Championship. I still think Phil has what it takes to win one, even after his six runner up finishes. I really liked his decision to remove the driver and go with five wedges.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Morning everyone.

I really enjoyed watching the U.S. Open yesterday. IMO it is always more fun to watch the true tests of golf rather than watch guys win the event by shooting 19 under. It was nice to see that this open fell in line with years pasts events since at the beginning of the week everyone was saying that scoring was going to be easier.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
In my humble opinion, the two toughest majors to win are the US Open and The Open Championship. If I was a player on the tour, those are the ones I would be most proud to win. I'd still prefer a Ryder Cup over both though I think...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The Open Championship is my favorite since the courses are played as if we were to play them. The USGA alters the courses so much to punish the pro imho.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good moring..

I can't wait until the Open comes here.. I've walked the course as a spectator (US Amatuer, PGA Charity Match) that they are going to play and I need to get out and play the course before it gets here..

I hear it's already in US Open form from friends that have played it..

Hope everyone has a great day!

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Couldnt agree more. I knew the course favored the good ball strikers, and Rose has been solid ever since he debuted at The Open Championship. I still think Phil has what it takes to win one, even after his six runner up finishes. I really liked his decision to remove the driver and go with five wedges.

Yea, I noticed that Phil was using wedges off the tee. I just can't understand why people really love this aloof MF.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good moring..

I can't wait until the Open comes here.. I've walked the course as a spectator (US Amatuer, PGA Charity Match) that they are going to play and I need to get out and play the course before it gets here..

I hear it's already in US Open form from friends that have played it..

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kevin, I'm really looking forward to the Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits in Sheboyan, WI. I've got a line on some tickets.

cosl10_whistling_straits.jpg

Whistling_Straits_11.jpg

images

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Morning y'all! Got my money's worth watching the Jays sweep the Rangers. Huge storm this morning, still took a 40mile detour to go to Hypnotic donuts on the way back home. ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1371488125.376377.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well work isn't too bad today. No mowing today, but we will get right at it tomorrow. Today consists of fixing sprinkler heads, lowering valve boxes, and we will probably end up fixing some drip lines as well. I also got to kill a rattlesnake too. It was a small one, probably 10-12"

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Howdy all.
[MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] Don't know if you saw, but RVD is gonna return at MITB next month, of course, in Philly :p

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Back from the Dr a little earlier. We go in at 4 am for induction. So, by this time tomorrow, we should have a new addition to the family. Probably wont be around a whole lot, but I will post pics tomorrow.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Afternoon Gents! Been a busy weekend and working on the yard as well as a few things around the house. Getting excited as vacation is only 27 days away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts