Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan2500

May 21, 2012
PA
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

I'd stick with the Harper SP - the others aren't sitting well.

Well the Berra might be claimed by a member who only needs 23 posts until 500 and I thought that there was a Gwynn collector who might be interested.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

Well the Berra might be claimed by a member who only needs 23 posts until 500 and I thought that there was a Gwynn collector who might be interested.

That member will be me, hopefully!

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, let me know!

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

did you get the cards I sent you from free thread??? I still havent got the pujols I claimed from you

Which Pujols did I owe you? It kills me to randomly forget stuff...DAMN PTSD!!!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Well I tried to help this thread along a few times and at this point @MojoDan 's last claim of the 1888 Ginter card will be the last card I send in this thread.

I'm positive in claims and most certainly have had a good intent as almost every card I offered was more than double or even triple the $15 dollar limit. I don't like the last few pages of this thread, particularly this one so I will gracefully bow out and I am pulling any cards I have up down for good.

It's all about intent for me, and some members were great about and at this point it's just dumping a $5 card to try and claim a $40 card.

Oh well.

@200lbhockeyplayer, @Musial Collector and @gmarutiak gave or offered great stuff and claimed items much less than they offered and @MojoDan, @rum151man, @moxacaine and others I'm forgetting really showed how great a community can be. Bill for starting and @A_Pharis for helping keep it clean towards the end here......

I'm out. I got some things that will never leave my collection and for that I am grateful! I hope the things I sent are just as cherished.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

Well I tried to help this thread along a few times and at this point @MojoDan 's last claim of the 1888 Ginter card will be the last card I send in this thread.

I'm positive in claims and most certainly have had a good intent as almost every card I offered was more than double or even triple the $15 dollar limit. I don't like the last few pages of this thread, particularly this one so I will gracefully bow out and I am pulling any cards I have up down for good.

It's all about intent for me, and some members were great about and at this point it's just dumping a $5 card to try and claim a $40 card.

Oh well.

@200lbhockeyplayer, @Musial Collector and @gmarutiak gave or offered great stuff and claimed items much less than they offered and @MojoDan, @rum151man, @moxacaine and others I'm forgetting really showed how great a community can be. Bill for starting and @A_Pharis for helping keep it clean towards the end here......

I'm out. I got some things that will never leave my collection and for that I am grateful! I hope the things I sent are just as cherished.

I feel the same way, that's why my activities have slowed on this thread.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I will eventually be back in this thread, trying to help others when I can. I don't really have the stock for it at the moment and I will not randomly claim things that do not fit into my collection.

I am dead even. I have claimed 2 things and given away 2 things. I claimed a Jay Bruce Heritage auto and put up a Yovani Gallardo autographed jersey in it's place. I then claimed a Todd Frazier auto and replaced it with an Appling cut auto. I feel I replaced what I took with something of more value than what I took.

This could probably really work with more exclusivity. A group of people who know what each other collects and sends what they have that fits in with that person's collection. An open trade agreement if you will. I have one of those standing with [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION]. I send him my Saints and LSU cards, regardless of value. He sends me Bengals and Reds. I haven't had anything to send in awhile, but when I do, I know where it goes.

I think that would be more successful than this. I think a group of people with impeccable reputations could start a group and the entire premise be that if they pick up/pull something, no matter the value, that would fit in another group member's collection, they sent it to them. If it were a group of people with that type of reputation, there would never really be a need to keep track of who is up or down because they would all try to make sure they were up.

It makes me think of a particular Secret Santa group I participate in yearly. There is a minimum amount that is specified, but everyone goes WAYYYYY beyond that minimum. Not because of what they are going to receive, but because all of them truly enjoy giving more and making someone elses day more. That's why I will continue to participate with that group. Truly upstanding people.

I apologize for my soapbox diatribe there. Brevity eluded me. :lol:

Last edited:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

I'll be back. Hopefully take care of the couple of cards I'm down. No one wants any of the stuff I've been putting up and I haven't been able to acquire anything for awhile.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

I would like to claim the Yogi Berra

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I would like to claim the Yogi Berra

I think you should take care of your unfinished business on the free to good home low end before you jump in over here and start claiming cards.

as I posted over there

Honestly I think you started off on a bad note in this thread coming right out and asking for specific cards, then you put cards up for others and when they get claimed you say ok but I may inquire about some A-Rod cards in return. That's not the way things work around here, & on top of all that you don't send out the cards. Then in the upper echelon thread it seems you are in a race to get to 500 posts to start claiming stuff in there. Have you even put anything up over there before you jumped right in after 500 posts & claimed a card??? May be just me but I don't like the way these things have been going. If you put cards up for other members its because you want to help out the other collectors no strings attached, you can't ask for other cards later in return. I just feel your jumping in these threads for all the wrong reasons & your not doing yourself any favors by not sending cards out on your end when you've been claiming plenty of cards.

I think you just need to slow your roll & take care of everything on your end before you claim anymore stuff or join any other threads or the goodie box giveaway.

Just my thoughts

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

I think you should take care of your unfinished business on the free to good home low end before you jump in over here and start claiming cards.

as I posted over there

Honestly I think you started off on a bad note in this thread coming right out and asking for specific cards, then you put cards up for others and when they get claimed you say ok but I may inquire about some A-Rod cards in return. That's not the way things work around here, & on top of all that you don't send out the cards. Then in the upper echelon thread it seems you are in a race to get to 500 posts to start claiming stuff in there. Have you even put anything up over there before you jumped right in after 500 posts & claimed a card??? May be just me but I don't like the way these things have been going. If you put cards up for other members its because you want to help out the other collectors no strings attached, you can't ask for other cards later in return. I just feel your jumping in these threads for all the wrong reasons & your not doing yourself any favors by not sending cards out on your end when you've been claiming plenty of cards.

I think you just need to slow your roll & take care of everything on your end before you claim anymore stuff or join any other threads or the goodie box giveaway.

Just my thoughts

First off, I have sent out stuff to other members in the past, 2nd, I was asked if I would like to claim the Berra so I replied yes with my address. 3rd do not sit here and attempt to rub my name in dirt, I'm too old to be lectured about some childish nonsense. You wanna bring up stuff from the past, cool, I'll let you get your lil shine on. After you guys jumped on me like a bunch of hyenas for making that mistake I told you all appreciated you clearing things up for me. And on top of it all, I tried to make things right with you and you gladly declined. Maybe if you memory problems I should beat you up about it! I came forward and try to make things right... Now you wanna play this game!? You may do that to other folks, not with me, lets get that straight!

Last edited:

A_Pharis

Guys.
Enfuego - if you have loose ends to be tied up, please, do so before opening up more. If you have settled anything you currently have going you are welcome to claim in here.

That said, I see you claiming the Berra without putting anything up. Gonna need you to post a single item with a cash value of at least $15 before the Berra is officially yours.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

Guys.
Enfuego - if you have loose ends to be tied up, please, do so before opening up more. If you have settled anything you currently have going you are welcome to claim in here.

That said, I see you claiming the Berra without putting anything up. Gonna need you to post a single item with a cash value of at least $15 before the Berra is officially yours.

Logan2500 asked me if I wanted to claim the Berra and I said I would. He then was kind enough to remind me of the stipulations of the thread, so when I get home this Friday, I will be sure to do so. So Logan and I have an understanding/agreement.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

First off, I have sent out stuff to other members in the past, 2nd, I was asked if I would like to claim the Berra so I replied yes with my address. 3rd do not sit here and attempt to rub my name in dirt, I'm too old to be lectured about some childish nonsense. You wanna bring up stuff from the past, cool, I'll let you get your lil shine on. After you guys jumped on me like a bunch of hyenas for making that mistake I told you all appreciated you clearing things up for me. And on top of it all, I tried to make things right with you and you gladly declined. Maybe if you memory problems I should beat you up about it! I came forward and try to make things right... Now you wanna play this game!? You may do that to other folks, not with me, lets get that straight!

& after we cleared it up you must have forgot how it worked because you still went on to pm people after you gave away cards and said you'll be inquiring about A-Rod cards later in return for what you gave away. & I'm not playing games I'm just trying to protect this community & it's great members. Along with trying to keep these great threads going smooth.

just get everything cleared up and sent out that you owe & then take it from there.

Last edited:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL

& after we cleared it up you must have forgot how it worked because you still went on to pm people after you gave away cards and said you'll be inquiring about A-Rod cards later in return for what you gave away. & I'm not playing games I'm just trying to protect this community & it's great members. Along with trying to keep these great threads going smooth.

just get everything cleared up and sent out that you owe & then take it from there.

Worry about yourself before you worry about others. We are all grown, if there are issues that need to be resolved, that person/s can handle it themselves. I'm not here to "work the system" I said it before and this is the last time, if I made a commitment to whoever, let me know so I can take care of it. I tried with you and you turned me down, all good.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

Worry about yourself before you worry about others. We are all grown, if there are issues that need to be resolved, that person/s can handle it themselves. I'm not here to "work the system" I said it before and this is the last time, if I made a commitment to whoever, let me know so I can take care of it. I tried with you and you turned me down, all good.

This community looks out for each other

&on that note I'm done arguing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.