Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTB Looking to buy up to a $1000 lot to flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
That offer you are referring was an offer I made on a lot of BGS Base Topps RG3 and Luck RCS that I wasn't all that interested in. Seller asked what I would pay and I told him what I would be comfortable paying. If he knew what he wanted he should have shot me that price up front.

I am currently having conversations about potential deals with multiple members right now. I have made many deals on FCB in the past with guys trying to unload portions of a collection, lower end case break hits, or just stuff they have laying round in boxes that they don't look at.

It isn't like I am begging for people to sell me their stuff dirt cheap. I tossed this thread out there to see if there was anyone looking to move a larger lot quick. You are obviously not one of those people.

I must not be too big of a loser. Your feedback below shows you were happy with the transaction we had a while back.
icon_positive.png
Rec'd cards promptly & as described. GREAT SELLER

I never claimed to have issues with you personally. It's done. Good luck with your deals.

soakley123

Aug 16, 2010
Little Rock, AR
I have zero issue with a lowball offer. I have zero issue with anyone trying to make money and though I skimmed over the highlights I agree with all of PhillyFan's point that many people do this and heck why wouldn't they. I also understand that I'll take a hit when I sell a bulk lot of not so hot stuff.

I am the person who asked for a price and as a buyer I know he doesn't know that I have quantity of certain cards and have been moving them at price X, Y, and Z so I know a quick price that I can get and I know the price I'll assume if I let it take a little time, etc.

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THIS. I told OP I was getting about $20 on X card and those totalled about 180, which was about half of the value of the lot in my personal (and can be scrutinized) opinion, the offer was $140. But that's not the point. I said sorry we aren't close and tried to move on so he brought the ole, "if you sold for $20 then after shipping and fees that is really $13-14"

WHAT?!?!?!, in what world where I sell on ebay and get $20 for a card and shipping is paid for and the shipping pays for my 15 cent bubble-mailers that I buy by the 500 and these are BGS so there aren't any other supplies, in what world do I manage to lose $6-$7 in ebay fees?

TO ALL THE NEWBS OUT THERE. Ebay charges 9 percent on straight auctions and 11 percent for the first 50 dollars on BIN with only 6 percent after 50.01 and some of us like me actually get 20 percent off for being top-rated seller.

So when people try and pull that CRAP, that makes me mad. Prices don't make me mad, people trying to make money don't bother me at all. Just don't lie to my face like me and my 697 perfect ebay feedback have no idea what we are doing.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I may have exaggerated the net on a $20 card a bit while quickly responding as I headed out the door for work. Even if you are charging shipping you are only netting around $15maybe $16 with your top seller perk. Wasn't intending to piss you off.

Edit: Actually, after looking back at your PM you never mentioned you charge shipping so my 13-14 wasn't that out of line. I wasn't intending to make you think I thought you didn't have a clue.

Last edited:

soakley123

Aug 16, 2010
Little Rock, AR
bro go get a damn calucaltor and do some math

$20 times .928 that is the 7.2 percent commission (which is 80 percent of 9 percent) equals 18.56

18.56 is not close to 15 or 16 unless you just mean compared to 1000 dollars. 18.56 is what i net BEFORE paypal's 2.9 percent plus 30 cents fee...a fee that I'm paying you either way so it is negligible.

I didn't take a single math class above Algebra II in junior year of high school and it blows my mind how much smarter that makes me at math then most of the general population (which is not me bragging, actually that's me almost crying inside)

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
bro go get a damn calucaltor and do some math

$20 times .928 that is the 7.2 percent commission (which is 80 percent of 9 percent) equals 18.56

18.56 is not close to 15 or 16 unless you just mean compared to 1000 dollars. 18.56 is what i net BEFORE paypal's 2.9 percent plus 30 cents fee...a fee that I'm paying you either way so it is negligible.

I didn't take a single math class above Algebra II in junior year of high school and it blows my mind how much smarter that makes me at math then most of the general population (which is not me bragging, actually that's me almost crying inside)

$20 item sold on BIN charging $2.50 shipping is going to net you 16.00 plus 60 cents if you qualify for your top rated seller discount. You are completely ignoring the insertion fee and the eBay fees charged on that shipping charge.

Spend some time understanding your true cost of doing business and less time crying because I wasn't accurate enough on the net profit number I toss out on some lot you have been trying to unsuccessfully offload on this site for a while now.

soakley123

Aug 16, 2010
Little Rock, AR
$20 item sold on BIN charging $2.50 shipping is going to net you 16.00 plus 60 cents if you qualify for your top rated seller discount. You are completely ignoring the insertion fee and the eBay fees charged on that shipping charge.

Spend some time understanding your true cost of doing business and less time crying because I wasn't accurate enough on the net profit number I toss out on some lot you have been trying to unsuccessfully offload on this site for a while now.

I didn't pay an insertion fee because they were running a valentine's special (in january, but whatever), that actually applies to all my BIN listings, but this was an auction and there is no insertion fee as you get 100 free auctions a month and this was one of them. I charge shipping like every other sane person on ebay and once again the free shipping on the message board fallacy rears it's ugly as you are dumb head. When it costs me 1.69 cents to ship bubble mailer first class and my bubble mailer costs 15 cents then I think it's ok to not mention the 9 percent commission on my 2.50 shipping because I'm actually not losing anything there genius. Stop trying to spit the same crap like anyone else on here will believe you.

I may not understand the FCB math, I learned that 1 plus 1 isn't 4 at an early age. I showed you the exact math already, it's not refutable, go google ebay fees and look for yourself and get your head out of your ass.

As I stated at the beginning I offered you the lot just to see how absolutely big of a lowballing creep you were and I tried to politely ask you to go away, but then you started with the lying sales technique and since I know I'm smarter than you, I decided to tell you to shut the F up.

Now go steal some little kids lunch money.

Last edited:

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
I didn't pay an insertion fee because they were running a valentine's special (in january, but whatever), that actually applies to all my BIN listings, but this was an auction and there is no insertion fee as you get 100 free auctions a month and this was one of them. I charge shipping like every other sane person on ebay and once again the free shipping on the message board fallacy rears it's ugly as you are dumb head. When it costs me 1.69 cents to ship bubble mailer first class and my bubble mailer costs 15 cents then I think it's ok to not mention the 9 percent commission on my 2.50 shipping because I'm actually not losing anything there genius. Stop trying to spit the same crap like anyone else on here will believe you.

I may not understand the FCB math, I learned that 1 plus 1 isn't 4 at an early age. I showed you the exact math already, it's not refutable, go google ebay fees and look for yourself and get your head out of your ass.

As I stated at the beginning I offered you the lot just to see how absolutely big of a lowballing creep you were and I tried to politely ask you to go away, but then you started with the lying sales technique and since I know I'm smarter than you, I decided to tell you to shut the F up.

Now go steal some little kids lunch money.

He already did that....what do you think he was going to pay you with....

Members online

Latest posts