Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many 1 year+ old outstanding redemptions from Topps do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
And some people still defend this company...lol

I'm on the phone now waiting (of course). Having all my remaining redemptions replaced. I no longer care. Just want to be done with them.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Just told the rep I no longer give a crap and just replace everything I'm owed. Said I should be getting stuff in the mail within 4 weeks. Can't wait to see what TREASURES I'm going to end up with...lol

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Similar to Rafer Johnson, Guy Bluford has not been offered and/or accepted a contract and I don't see either ever being produced.

that incenses me! I'm a space buff who has lived through and folllowed with high interest from STS-1 to STS-135 so I was stoked to get a Guy Bluford auto. If it's true the scum at Topps checklisted him without any hope of ever producing the auto, I should get redemtpion for a Sally Ride or Eileen Collins or some other shuttle program astronaut who had a first in the shuttle program and is a member of the US Astronaut Hall of Fame just like
Bluford.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
2012 Bowman Platinum BaseballAuto Jumbo Relic Refractor of Gerrit ColePending
2012 Bowman Platinum BaseballAuto Prospect Green Refractor of Tyrell JenkinsPending

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
2011 Marquee Baseball Museum Collection Auto of Tsuyoshi Nishioka Pending

Nishioka's left the states and is happily playing ball back in Japan so I doubt this will be fulfilled. I sent Topps an email a while back inquiring and never heard back. Do I have to call for replacements?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Honestly, I pray for there never to be another Belle redemption. Unless it's for a bat knob or name plate or some sort of 1/1 at the right price, I will NEVER buy or trade for another redemption. I've had to deal with the only 3 Belle has had since coming back to the hobby in 2011 and all 3 have been over 1 year redemption and have been a nightmare to get!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Worst Topps Redemption story: 2001 Topps Tribute debacle.

I slap down $50 for a pack of Tribute on the day after Christmas. It was the most expensive pack I'd ever purchased at the time but I loved the look of the set.

Gehrig, Ryan, Munson base cards along with a Mattingly bat relic. I was happy and then saw the redemption!

"You are due to receive a Topps buy back of Ted Williams!"

The odds were astronomical, and eBay sales were in the 500 range. But I wanted that card. I just knew they'd send a high grade PSA 1954 Bowman.

Or a beat to hell 1971 Topps with Williams in a Senators uniform. Yup a a manager card. I literally shed a tear. I've never gotten over it and not sure I will. My trust in Topps was lost that day.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Just one a 2011 topps tier one cliff lee auto. I really want an on card Cliff Lee auto so I'm hoping this one gets done.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Worst Topps Redemption story: 2001 Topps Tribute debacle.

I slap down $50 for a pack of Tribute on the day after Christmas. It was the most expensive pack I'd ever purchased at the time but I loved the look of the set.

Gehrig, Ryan, Munson base cards along with a Mattingly bat relic. I was happy and then saw the redemption!

"You are due to receive a Topps buy back of Ted Williams!"

The odds were astronomical, and eBay sales were in the 500 range. But I wanted that card. I just knew they'd send a high grade PSA 1954 Bowman.

Or a beat to hell 1971 Topps with Williams in a Senators uniform. Yup a a manager card. I literally shed a tear. I've never gotten over it and not sure I will. My trust in Topps was lost that day.

That sounds like Topps to me... Man, that SUCKS!

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
6 (although I thought it was 8, just noticed Tier one Joe Morgan and apparently somebody else -- cant' figure out who was just marked shipped):
2011 Topps Tier One On the Rise Autograph of Max Scherzer Pending
2011 Topps Tier One Crowd Pleaser Autograph of Ozzie Smith Pending
2011 Topps Tier One Crowd Pleaser Autograph of Cliff Lee Pending
2011 Topps Tier One On the Rise Autograph of Max Scherzer Pending
2011 Topps Tier One Crowd Pleaser Autograph of Mat Latos Pending
2011 Bowman Sterling Autograph Prospect of Blake Snell Pending

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
And some people still defend this company...lol

I'm on the phone now waiting (of course). Having all my remaining redemptions replaced. I no longer care. Just want to be done with them.

What number did you call to get someone? May see about replacements for my Ryan cards...sad thing is I paid around $200 for each as I wanted all the 2012 Topps Ryan autos...Lesson learned about redemptions!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I have 4 cards from that set that were sent, but never taken off of their redemption site. They still show up as "pending". Very confusing and lazy on their part.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL

I never got mine. Of course, until I read this thread I had completely forgotten about it. I did not even go out to look at their redemption site since it had been 2011 that I last submitted a redemption to Topps. Panini is another matter, submit plenty to them but they have gotten so much better I don't worry about it with their products.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I am waiting on seven total:
2011 Tribute Yogi Berra Autographed Dual Relic Base Green Parallel
2012 Bowman Sterling Rookie Auto Gold Refractor of Bryce Harper
2012 Bowman Sterling Prospect Auto of Gerrit Cole
2012 Bowman Chrome Autographed Prospect James Paxton
2012 Heritage Minor League Real One Autograph of Jed Bradley
2012 Bowman DP&P Auto Prospect of Richie Shaffer
2013 Tribute Autograph Printing Plate of Tim Raines

I have told this a few times. I have called Topps every 8-10 weeks since redeeming the Berra. Each time I ask about all of the redemptions. Each time they repeat themselves "waiting on player to sign" for each one I'm waiting on. The last time I called I said that the excuses were unacceptable and wanted to talk to a supervisor. Over a month later no one has called me back.

A couple of weeks ago a decided to try to e-mail [email protected]. I get an e-mail back:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
[email protected]
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

My local card shop owner talked to her Topps Rep. He said that I needed to e-mail [email protected]. I tried this yesterday. I get an e-mail back from them: This email address if for damaged and missing hits. I do understand your frustration, unfortunately I do not have a direct knowledge on Redemption statuses. However, I have forwarded your email to see if we can get you an update. I apologize that I couldn’t be more of an assistance to you.

Regards,

Topps HobbyExpress

Nobody at Topps has a clue. They don't know what department handles what problems. Or, they all just keep passing the buck until you go away. I am at a point now that I am not going to go away. I am going to keep calling, e-mailing, posting on social media Etc. Until I piss someone off enough that I get at least a response of "We F'ed up"

Sorry for the rant.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'm not sure anymore since they don't put in the redeemed dates, but I think these are:

2011 Topps Tier OneTop Shelf Relic of Ryne Sandberg

2011 BowmanDarin Mastroianni - Autographed Orange Refractor Card

2011 Topps Triple ThreadsTriple Threads Unity Single AR of Freddy SanchezPending

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
In for 2:

2012 Topps Heritage Baseball Dual Autograph Matt Kemp/Willie Mays RODA-KM
2012 Topps Baseball Series #1 Timeless Talents Dual Relic of Nolan Ryan/Jered Weaver TTDR-RW

Members online

Latest posts