Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the most impressive thing through the first half of the season?

What's most impressive?

• Max Scherzer's 12-0 record

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Manny Machado's 37 doubles

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Michael Cuddyer's 26-game hit streak

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yasiel Puig's 7 HR in first 24 games

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Miguel Caberra's run at 2nd straight Triple Crown

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Clay Buchholz's 9-0 record and 1.71 ERA

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
One triple crown season is incredible, making a run at two - back to back - is about as dominant as it gets.

If it wasn't for Cabrera's season last year, I'd also say Chris Davis. Both do it day in and out.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Pirates ownership having the balls to say if Cole was sent back down it wouldn't be because of money

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Pirates ownership having the balls to say if Cole was sent back down it wouldn't be because of money

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Wandy Rodriguez had a setback. Looks like Cole is staying.

Plus, it would only be ballsy if they actually admitted it was about the money.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
Davis IMO. I thought the pirates would be good. The last three years they have been getting better and better.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I picked Scherzer's 12-0. Even though W/L for pitchers is more of a team stat (and therefore partially composed of luck) going 12-0 is not a fluke when you're among league leaders in peripherals as well, and it hasn't been done for almost 30 years.

It would hands down be Cabrera's Triple Crown hopes, but Davis is going to make that extremely difficult on him so I'm not sure I see it happening unless something happens to slow Davis. I'd love to see him hit a legit 60 homers but I don't think that's going to happen either. This is an extremely difficult pace to keep, especially because pitchers will start pitching around and walking him more in the 2nd half.

The Pirates' record is definitely impressive too, but the last few years they've been in the running early and have fallen off in the 2nd half so I'd like to see them 'prove it' for a few more months before we get too excited about their success.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Gotta be Miggy's season, just unreal.

But the emergence of the Pirates' pitching has been most surprising. For their fans' sake, and they do deserve it, I hope they can keep it up. But with the offense being inconsistent, I'm pretty skeptical...

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
I voted Miggy for most impressive, but i think the winner of most surprising start of 2013 would go to Patrick Corbin 9-0 2.22 ERA with a 1.00 WHIP and 85 k's.

Members online

Latest posts