Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

_,.-`'"'`-.,__,.-`'"'`-.,_Friday Morning Thread! 9/20_,.-`'"'`-.,__,.-`'"'`-.,_

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Good morning.

Since the Dodgers made it into the playoffs:

587b9aa8-24a6-492e-8f1e-e89aa746511e_zps2ebd8da9.jpg

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1379687305.438829.jpg

DaBaddestHic

Aug 16, 2013
Good morning all. Got to drive down into NC tomorrow to see Mom. She is having some surgery today. I hope everyone is well.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I wish your mom luck and a speedy recovery!

Good morning all. So tired today, and I actually got decent sleep last night, but I guess it's the other previous 4 days catching up with me haha.

I found a note on my door from my neighbor last night saying she hoped my day got better, and that at least it was the weekend soon. I have never met/talked to this neighbor. Apparently the walls in my apartment complex are really thin, because I do talk to myself constantly, and I was probably complaining about something after work yesterday since I was in a bleh mood. I was pretty freaked out last night, but I'm just too tired to care this morning haha.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

Morning all, finally just woke up after yesterday's 17 hour work marathon... Boo!

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Re: _,.-`'"'`-.,__,.-`'"'`-.,_Friday Morning Thread! 9/20_,.-`'"'`-.,__,.-`'"'`-.,_

Drive safe and best of luck with your Mom!

My brother sent me a text and said the surgery went well. They are letting her go home today most likely. She had a ruptured disk in her lower back.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Gents! Just finished up prepping some bacon cheddar jalapeno cornbread which is now baking in the oven. Heading into work for a fun, hopefully not too full of work, work day once that is finished up :)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Any Griffrey collectors need these? They are at a flea market.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1379693294.972875.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good day all.

I'm heading off to lecture, then I'm unloading the first round into the new place. Signed the lease yesterday.

I posted it last night, but I knocked my #1 signed book off my wantlist last night. What's even better is I got to see the man himself sign it for me.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good day all.

I'm heading off to lecture, then I'm unloading the first round into the new place. Signed the lease yesterday.

I posted it last night, but I knocked my #1 signed book off my wantlist last night. What's even better is I got to see the man himself sign it for me.

And who would that be?

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Add Arian Foster's voice to the growing chorus who believe that NCAA athletes -- football and basketball players, in particular -- should be compensated for their labor. Last February, the Houston Texans running back was approached by the producers for the documentary Schooled: The Price of College Sports.
In the course of a four-hour interview, Foster contrasted his dire financial straits at the University of Tennessee to the commerce surrounding the Volunteers football program. He also disclosed (see video, above) that he received money during his senior season.

Read More: Arian Foster admits in documentary he took money at Tennessee - College Football - SI.com

A_Pharis

Add Arian Foster's voice to the growing chorus who believe that NCAA athletes -- football and basketball players, in particular -- should be compensated for their labor. Last February, the Houston Texans running back was approached by the producers for the documentary Schooled: The Price of College Sports.
In the course of a four-hour interview, Foster contrasted his dire financial straits at the University of Tennessee to the commerce surrounding the Volunteers football program. He also disclosed (see video, above) that he received money during his senior season.

Read More: Arian Foster admits in documentary he took money at Tennessee - College Football - SI.com

I think Student Athletes should be paid based on their ability (much like pros). That said - I also believe they should have to pay their full tuition, rooming costs, food costs and all other costs incurred by college.
It's amazing to me that these students (especially those in high-end educational facilities) don't see $40K+ in tuition/expenses as "compensation".

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
I think Student Athletes should be paid based on their ability (much like pros). That said - I also believe they should have to pay their full tuition, rooming costs, food costs and all other costs incurred by college.
It's amazing to me that these students (especially those in high-end educational facilities) don't see $40K+ in tuition/expenses as "compensation".
If those guys get paid, then any other student athlete in any non revenue producing sport should receive a fully paid education.

A_Pharis

If those guys get paid, then any other student athlete in any non revenue producing sport should receive a fully paid education.

Most already are receiving a bit of benefits. I listened to a big thing about this the other day. Schools that have a single high-revenue sport (like Football) are required to use that revenue toward all NCAA-covered programs at the school. I don't know if this is universal, but the story about it seemed to make it seem that way.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Most already are receiving a bit of benefits. I listened to a big thing about this the other day. Schools that have a single high-revenue sport (like Football) are required to use that revenue toward all NCAA-covered programs at the school. I don't know if this is universal, but the story about it seemed to make it seem that way.
At least for FBS and Div I B-Ball (large conferences anyway) I am also sure this is the case. I know that money also goes into the schools coffers. That's why I have no problem letting these kids earn something. As it stands working legally is illegal LOL

Now, someone like George may have a different opinion since (I recall, and he can confirm) he went the military+school route.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Good afternoon guys.

U L - I cant play today. I dont have a vintage to match! :)

Gonna be goin to the Giants/Dodgers game next Wednesday night. Lookin forward to my second major league game of the year. First in oakland, now San Fran. Its been over a decade since I've been to Pac Bell park. Heard parking is expensive as hell, so I've contemplated taking the train from San Jose in. But I'm afraid of missing the train after the game. What would you guys do? Do you have any experience using caltrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts