Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Ferrell - coming to Archives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiebytheCubs

Dec 2, 2012
Chicago suburbs/Ohio
I'm actually not to excited about this, it's just gonna make the box prices jump up a lot like the Sheen auto did the other year. Archives is a set I like to do every year but it's tough to spend that much on what's supposed to be a lower end product.

But that's just my selfish, crabby opinion

Hand delivered via the Pony Express

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm actually not to excited about this, it's just gonna make the box prices jump up a lot like the Sheen auto did the other year. Archives is a set I like to do every year but it's tough to spend that much on what's supposed to be a lower end product.

But that's just my selfish, crabby opinion

Hand delivered via the Pony Express

Yeah I agree, stuff like this is good for the hobby but it'll drive box prices way up

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Super pumped, will be putting some money aside to get one, I don't see this being cheap at all, but would definitely be a unique centerpiece to the D-backs collection. Go well with my John McCain card.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Why just 10 copies? Set up some sort of redemption program with 1000 copies of each. Redemptions should be handled by anyone but Topps of course.

Or just insert them. Not sure why I went with redemptions.

Because each redemption would require a payment of something nominal like $5 or $10 to be donated to cancer research. Jeez, forgot about that while typing.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
what's the detail on the regular cards? easy enough to get a complete insert set of the 10 or are they going to be SP'ed and Photo Var'ed like topps likes to do?

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
This doesn't make much sense in terms of distribution and is a total sell out by Topps....Topps could have offered many different options on their online Topps store and given all the proceeds to the charity he supported, aka Upper Deck with the Lauren Hill card. Instead, by limiting them to /10 and inserting into Archives all they are worrying about is selling more boxes/cases. I'd be worried about the quality of Archives considering Topps feels they need Ferrell to boost sales.

Totally tone deaf move and a missed chance at doing some good by Topps IMO.

Thanks,
Jeff

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
This doesn't make much sense in terms of distribution and is a total sell out by Topps....Topps could have offered many different options on their online Topps store and given all the proceeds to the charity he supported, aka Upper Deck with the Lauren Hill card. Instead, by limiting them to /10 and inserting into Archives all they are worrying about is selling more boxes/cases. I'd be worried about the quality of Archives considering Topps feels they need Ferrell to boost sales.

Totally tone deaf move and a missed chance at doing some good by Topps IMO.

Thanks,
Jeff

Pre-orders were due to Topps on Feb 8th, so they sold out a long time ago.
Not sure when they made this decision to add it to Archives, but this will help the secondary market, and help distributors/resellers to sell out the product..

Members online