Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Picked this up this week:

98_konerko_56of100.png

Awesome!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
1994 A/B/C/D winners are the only tough ones. 1993 can be found pretty easily. 1994 A/B/C/D send in version (has mailing form on back) is most expensive at $75-$209.50, 1994 A/B/C/D "Certified" version (has checklist on back - was returned with redeemed sets) runs $35-$75.

1993 A/B/C/D can be had for $10-$20.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
So I was completely wrong about something. I had never seen a 1998 Topps Sportz Cubz in person. The few scans / photos I had seen of them had all made them look like large mouse pads. I thought they were about 7" square in size judging the photos, and thick for building 3D cubes.

Well, I got the Grace in the mail yesterday and I was kinda shocked. Turns out it is a flat plastic 3"x3" square. The sides are die cut for building 3D displays with other cards - you could stick them together in various ways. I scanned it next to a normal baseball card for size comparison. I think this is a really cool 90's find... even tougher than ProShooter Marbles. It's even labeled "Product Prototype" right on back. This was one tough mother to track down.

sportzcubz_size.jpg

sportzcubz_size2.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
So I was completely wrong about something. I had never seen a 1998 Topps Sportz Cubz in person. The few scans / photos I had seen of them had all made them look like large mouse pads. I thought they were about 7" square in size judging the photos, and thick for building 3D cubes.

Well, I got the Grace in the mail yesterday and I was kinda shocked. Turns out it is a flat plastic 3"x3" square. The sides are die cut for building 3D displays with other cards - you could stick them together in various ways. I scanned it next to a normal baseball card for size comparison. I think this is a really cool 90's find... even tougher than ProShooter Marbles. It's even labeled "Product Prototype" right on back. This was one tough mother to track down.

That is a cool looking piece. I wish Ryno had one.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

sportzcubz_size.jpg

sportzcubz_size2.jpg
Congrats! The last Juan went for $200+

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
1994 A/B/C/D winners are the only tough ones. 1993 can be found pretty easily. 1994 A/B/C/D send in version (has mailing form on back) is most expensive at $75-$209.50, 1994 A/B/C/D "Certified" version (has checklist on back - was returned with redeemed sets) runs $35-$75.

1993 A/B/C/D can be had for $10-$20.

Here are some single-letter winners from '93:
93 Topps Black Gold Winners.jpg

Here's one single-letter and one two-letter from '94:
94 Topps Black Gold Winners.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
I think there is a Ben Grieve player collector on here but could be wrong... you should post the pattern on the '99 tek gold... maybe even post it in the Tek thread as well.

You might be thinking about me lol I collected Grieve and then got rid of a lot of stuff. Will do with the Topps Tek thread when I get a chance.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
Couldn't believe the 1994 Topps Black Gold ABCD send-in version $209.50 end price this weekend! I was in at $100 and thought that was very generous.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190764077114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

actually sold one last year for 253 BIN after seeing one sell for 256 at auction. im certain that the one i sold would have graded gem. also sold the certified one earlier this year for 100 plus change. i think this one went lower because of the centering issue. if you want one, you should totally up your range of prices for these cards.

also, been gone a while and this site keeps changing:???: doesn't really matter cause this thread is the only thing i check on here :p

Members online