Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
That Juan Gonzalez does not look like a Diffractor to me. Looks like another one of these guys listing some 98 TEKs as DIFFRACTIONS trying to snooker some money out of people thinking they are buying a Diffractor (prismy looking card)

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
That Juan Gonzalez does not look like a Diffractor to me. Looks like another one of these guys listing some 98 TEKs as DIFFRACTIONS trying to snooker some money out of people thinking they are buying a Diffractor (prismy looking card)
I'll post a better scan of it when it gets here.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'll post a better scan of it when it gets here.

Tough call, but I think it's a Diffractor. I think I can see the "squares" in the background on the bottom left and if you look at the players in the background the colors aren't consistent on their uniforms. Different shades of blue.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Got some scanning to do later in the weekend maybe but here are the other cards that were with the hidden Burnitz if anyone needs any of them:

12 Ivan Rodriguez P43
17 Vlad Guerrero P34
17 Vlad Guerrero P70
32 Curt Shilling P28
32 Curt Shilling P14
59 Travis Lee P76
39 Randy Johnson P57
60 Juan Gonzalez P47
73 Orlando Hernandez P89
76 Derrek Lee P74

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I could use both Schillings. Let me know what you need for them.

Got some scanning to do later in the weekend maybe but here are the other cards that were with the hidden Burnitz if anyone needs any of them:

12 Ivan Rodriguez P43
17 Vlad Guerrero P34
17 Vlad Guerrero P70
32 Curt Shilling P28
32 Curt Shilling P14
59 Travis Lee P76
39 Randy Johnson P57
60 Juan Gonzalez P47
73 Orlando Hernandez P89
76 Derrek Lee P74

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
There was one more besides me, but I can't remember who it was.

I want that Erstad Diffractor, if I used ebay I'd be on that like Charlie Sheen on a coke-covered ******.

Would you trade your Cardinals inserts I liked for some Erstad inserts?Every time I PM you about them you never seem to get them or something.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Wait, you collect cards and don't use ebay? Is that a personal choice or something?

I used to sell clothing and shoes on ebay, and I had so many issues as a seller than I just gave up on the whole site. Last straw was someone who circumvented all my location requirements and won a pair of shoes that they wanted me to ship to China. Ebay didn't care, so I basically said XXXX it and quit. I could sign back up, but it would be better for my financial security to not do so.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Getting discouraging collecting '98 Tek diffractors. Is this a price bubble? Or is the value of the diffractors really that much inflated beyond BV? Is my collection of 22 Piazza diffractors now worth over $1000? How much would my 35 Griffey diffractors or 31 Jeter diffractors or 25 Ripken diffractors bring? I suppose I would be better off just starting to sell them off one at a time on COMC or eBay, but I really don't want to right now.

I would rather trade than pay these super-inflated prices. I have between 1 and 12 extra diffractors of 77 of the 90 players in the '98 Tek series. I don't have extras of Wood, Bonds, Jeter, Andruw Jones, Sosa, Griffey, Aramis Ramirez, Lofton, Ripken, Grace, Buhner, Galarraga, or Thome diffractors. I have some of the rest of the players. I am NOT looking to sell at the present time. Let me know what '98 Tek diffractors (player and pattern #) you have to trade, and what players you are looking for. If they are cards I need, I will trade in your favor. I will trade my duplicates for other duplicates at par value.

I am also looking for these other Teks: '98 Pre-production (yeah, the giveaways!) -- McGwire pp. 2, 86, 89; Clemens p. 6; Mondesi pp. 19, 28, 43, 46, 49, 52, 61, 79; and any 2000 Pedro Martinez gold Teks #/10.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I think its safe to say your Piazza diffractors are worth more than a grand. Especially if you list them at a high bin and can be patient. Do you have any extra Gwynn diffractors? Im a buyer for the Caminiti diffractors if you decide to sell.

elberson

Sep 13, 2012
Charlotte NC
I think the high prices on the diffractors that keep selling are mostly bid up by the player collectors. You can still get good deals but your probably going to pay top prices for the stars. Your diffractor set is a great collection all alone by its self. Don't give up

Members online