Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
scan0006-4.jpg

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Congrats on everyone that [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] hooked up with fanfest playing cards. My guy only has a 1996 card but it is one of my favorites.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I agree totally unappreciated set. No serial number does kill it. Like the pacific platinum blues. Also only 63 sets for those and A griffey platinum blue sold for only 20 something recently. Should have bought that. I actually listed this on eBay just to see the demand. Priced it high but curious to see the demand. May flip it if the price is right. I bought the Piazza for that 22 :). Popped up right when i was looking on ebay. Lucky, because that was well underpriced as well. Like you said though, wish they were serial numbered. As nice as they are that would really make them more collectable IMO.

Hugely underappreciated set and probably suffers from lack of a serial number. I saw in ended auctions that a Piazza Preferred went for just $22. I hope the seller accepted an offer from you!

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Nice buy. Here are some of mine! Shoot, well, here's one of mine. Stupid photobucket... Do you have any dupes to trade for other Diamond Axis you need for your set? Did you buy any a couple of Aprils ago when the entire set was pieced out on ebay (he only needed a Nomo for the set - sound familiar?).

rustygreerfan-albums-super-sweet-90-s-cards-picture7649-jeff-bagwell-diamond-axis.jpg
Piecing this set together very slowly - doubt I ever really make a huge push for it - I add a card or 2 here and there. I'm about 50% with most of the big names still needed. I do have a few random dupes (Dean Palmer and Delino Deshields seems to stand out in my mind) and multiples of every Rockies player. And I don't get why Nomo is so super tough to find anything of! I know he's a super popular Japanese player but seriously nothing super rare of his ever pops up anymore!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I agree totally unappreciated set. No serial number does kill it. Like the pacific platinum blues. Also only 63 sets for those and A griffey platinum blue sold for only 20 something recently. Should have bought that. I actually listed this on eBay just to see the demand. Priced it high but curious to see the demand. May flip it if the price is right. I bought the Piazza for that 22 :). Popped up right when i was looking on ebay. Lucky, because that was well underpriced as well. Like you said though, wish they were serial numbered. As nice as they are that would really make them more collectable IMO.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
If either Jason or Michael don't bid it goes for $3.... And it's weird it says elapsed time is 7 days 15 hrs???

Ryan

Very true. I would have given $5 to have it as an extra, but I knew a couple of us would make it interesting. I think you assisted me on one of the last ones I needed, the Pacific Crown Collection Red. Some of those reds are crazy tough, when they really shouldn't be.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Very true. I would have given $5 to have it as an extra, but I knew a couple of us would make it interesting. I think you assisted me on one of the last ones I needed, the Pacific Crown Collection Red. Some of those reds are crazy tough, when they really shouldn't be.

I imagine there was a lot of surplus that was destroyed since they were mostly Walmart packs.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Yeah, those Pacific can be tougher than expected. Ive got the reds covered, but still missing 2 Platinum Blues, 2 Premiere Dates, a copper , a extreme lmtd, and a hobby limited I believe to fill in the parallels. (Then the Inaugural /20 and Online Winner if its out there)

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts