Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm working a series of trades where, by the end, I might have two more Pattern 68 Diffractors and I will have pared my Buhner wantlist down from 30 to 12. I'll post the Diffractors if everything goes as planned!
@MansGame - don't forget me the next time you go out Tek hunting! I'll post my updated Buhner list when my deals come through
Sounds good dude! PM me your Buhner want list and I'll add it to my iPhone notes and look for you when I return to that warehouse of singles :lol:

Keep me in mind if you run across any Belle's - I'm down to only 4 base patterns!

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I have a serious question for the 98 Tek collectors. How much would you pay for an unopened still factory sealed box? Not sure how many packs are in a box but it is a sealed box never been opened. I got a I know is selling it but I want to make sure I'm not going to over pay for it and if it's the right price somebody offers me if I get it I will sell it as it is unopened.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Just updating my want list...

I need the following Buhner base patterns (and most Diffractors):

4, 5, 7, 20, 38, 40, 41, 45, 51, 57, 62, 66, 70, 71, 81, 84, 86, 87, 88

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Do any of the master set collectors here have any thoughts around the odd patterns being harder to find versus the even patterns - or vice versa?

Just curious. I remember when I was first trying to put together the 90 patterns for Albert Belle, I was finding all the even patterns and literally couldn't find any of the odd numbered patterns.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
If anyone is interested please let me know by tomorrow and if he still has it I will get it and ship it to you. As far as a price goes I'm not sure what he's asking I think he said somewhere around 125 is that a good price or no I'm not too familiar with these tek cards? If it's too much please let me know and I won't even bother with this box Thanks

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If anyone is interested please let me know by tomorrow and if he still has it I will get it and ship it to you. As far as a price goes I'm not sure what he's asking I think he said somewhere around 125 is that a good price or no I'm not too familiar with these tek cards? If it's too much please let me know and I won't even bother with this box Thanks

Nevermind, I see your post now.

$125 I think is a fair price. What are you going to do with it?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I will update my want list as well since I have just received some much needed assistance:

Lankford:
14, 25, 27, 45, 56, 64, 65, 67, 77, 79, 81, 83, 85

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I was going to buy it if someone was interested in it and ship it to them for whatever the cost is of shipping plus the 125 for the box. I know people are interested in these cards and I happened to run across it so I figured I would post on here to see if anybody wanted it. If someone is interested let me know I will pick it up tomorrow and get it in the mail on Saturday. Send me a PM if you're interested and I will give you my PayPal address

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was going to buy it if someone was interested in it and ship it to them for whatever the cost is of shipping plus the 125 for the box. I know people are interested in these cards and I happened to run across it so I figured I would post on here to see if anybody wanted it. If someone is interested let me know I will pick it up tomorrow and get it in the mail on Saturday. Send me a PM if you're interested and I will give you my PayPal address

Someone here will buy that for sure. I'm on the edge but I'm sure [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION], [MENTION=4682]RustyGreerFan[/MENTION], [MENTION=2699]togaman[/MENTION] or [MENTION=8009]rinkrat38[/MENTION] will jump on it.

Just as a side note to anyone who does want to buy it... I'm in for a group break - obviously for Belle but would break it up similar to how we've done it in the past if others are interested.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Thanks for the effort; why not post the store name and contact info and someone can buy it directly and save you the time to ship. I am interested but only interested in buying direct.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=6164]DeliciousBacon[/MENTION] - Jeremy, friendly reminder here, please reply to my PM and let's take care of this situation. Thanks man.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
It's a little coin/card/antiques kind of store and is asking 149.99 to the public but I frequent there pretty often so he gave me that price if I buy it but hey whatever I'm not saying you have to buy it George. I was simply stating I could pick it up and ship it to someone if they are interested. I am going there anyways for I am buying a box of 99 Topps Stadium Club series 1 but I get paid today so I will go after eork tomorrow with cash in hand.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Mansgame I sent you an Albert Belle card from 92 Topps previously correct?? I just bought a few packs of 94 Stadium Club and pulled another Belle. If you'd like I can send it to you. I'm just hoping one day you will return the favor if you pull any Matt Holliday cards thanks

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mansgame I sent you an Albert Belle card from 92 Topps previously correct?? I just bought a few packs of 94 Stadium Club and pulled another Belle. If you'd like I can send it to you. I'm just hoping one day you will return the favor if you pull any Matt Holliday cards thanks

PM me your addy and I'll see what Holiday I've got for ya no prob.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Rusty I will pm you tomorrow and let you know if I was able to pick it up. Also I'm not sure how much shipping would be either. I will let you know tomorrow thanks

Members online