Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hall Of Shame - Ranking the Best of...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Hello all,

I recently learned that we have a Hall of Shame, dedicated to threads that get out of control or are just flat out ridiculous.

Let me say that, I am a quiet member and I usually just keep to the Mark McGwire collectors postings, but recently began to read other posts that sounded interesting. One title I thought could be fun was some thoughts about Jake Peavy's HOF candidacy (at least, that's what I thought the thread was about). He had a few good years, one excellent one at that, but I didn't think there was any way he was hall worthy. Still, I was curious to know the poster's thoughts. Anyway, the thread got out of control, there was some amusing back and forth, and the it wound up in the "hall of shame". I decided to read some threads from said hall. Some are wonderful, some silly, some cringe-worthy. There's something for everyone; some about ****, some about fishtanks, some about imaginary cards, some about a guy named boomo, some about facebook groups. I will admit, I did not read them all, but read a good number from the first page.

Me personally, I laughed the most at the Rant - My Neighbor is a *****! I also REALLY loved some people's reactions to Honus Wagner fold-out found in someone's friend's drywall, with no picture evidence and an anonymous buyer. A fella named "jbhofmann" had a particularly brilliant post where he showed us a picture of a case of Upper Deck cards he found behind the wall of his grandma's turn of the century home. Great find, easily worth a million IMO :p I nearly peed myself when I saw that picture, thank you! It is too bad though that most of the threads are old, and thus do not contain the pictures/gifs/etc that went along with some of the posts. Seems these types of threads are becoming rare though. Since the end of 2014, they have become scarce; 2 in 2015, none in either of 2016 or 2017, 1 so far in 2018. Depending on how you feel, that could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyway, I was wondering, which ones are your favorites? Which ones are worth a good read? Give me your top 3-5 "ranking" for fun!

Cheers,

Mark

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Dear Lord, under Obama Homer was a sweetheart. What happened??
e79f4afd899e244e2ec5c483c8d8d353.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Teapot, game used pillow, Terry and the cruise, cards in the burned out car in the desert, and any boomo post really

I have seen the teapot and cards out in the desert mentioned in some threads, but couldn't find where the jokes originated. Searched, but no luck. Are they tagged as HOS threads, or just ridiculousness that were never actually moved to the hall? Doesn't look like the "Terry" posts can be found because they were on another board and might have been lost?

"My wife just died and some deals will help me" is the Leader in the Clubhouse and probably won't be caught...

Ha, this one definitely made me cringe the most. That must be one of the most over-the-top ways to try and get attention I have ever seen. This poor kid is...well, very disturbed to say the least. And it's too bad too, having younger folks interested in collecting is great for the hobby. Having young folks with imaginations is also great. But that was something else!

Cheers,

Mark

Members online