Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you like to see return to baseball cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Redemptions cards shouldnt happen but since they do, they should make the redemption card look like the card you are getting so you basically get a bonus card for waiting to get your real card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Redemptions cards shouldnt happen but since they do, they should make the redemption card look like the card you are getting so you basically get a bonus card for waiting to get your real card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I'd hate that 'dummy card' taunting me, knowing I'm waiting for something that isn't coming for a while.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I respectfully disagree.

Kids inherently want something that gives them a connection with what they love. With regards to sports cards they learn that the value and rarity = collectability and heightened desire (IE: "Bells and Whistles") after the fact because it is what the 'adults' want so they displace that 'want' on kids too. Give a kid a ordinary pack of cards and he will more times than not simply appreciate the player, stats, and connection he gets to his favorite team/player. Kids are no different than kids of a few decades ago, we are the different ones wanting more and more so we assume the kids want/need that too.

Kids who maybe potential fans of the game have access to YouTube, baseballreference.com, Twitter - they can get a retweet from their favorite players - what is an ordinary pack of cards going to do for them?

Keeping things simplistic for younger fans maybe an ideal that is just not realistic.

Maybe the best idea I've read is to insert cards into everything so at least kids are conscious of baseball cards.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Classic actually had some great ideas with low numbered rookies:
BettisJerome93ClassicLPs_zps72d90f3f.jpg

and extremely low-print run inserts:
o_1993-classic-four-sport-acetates-toni-kukoc-nm-near-0186_zps2a063bbb.jpg

Bring those back!!!!!!!!!!!!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Like someone mentioned above, $0.50 packs scattered everywhere, on every counter.

It'd have to be $1.09. (grin).

I used US Govt's BLS inflation calculator just now to see what today's buying power equivalent is for the 50c packs I bought in the early/mid 80's.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Teams typical have some games each year where they cya GE the uniforms up. Some game used insert line with retro jerseys and/or patches would be cool to see!

I am also a fan of things like clear cut inserts, ex credentials, etc.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
reading a few blog posts lately about topps cartoons from the 1970's and 1980's, I have to admit I wish Topps would bring back the humorous player-fact cartoons to the backsides of their flagship base product.

Members online

Latest posts