Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
COMC has so much activity for their Black Friday sale, I wonder why they don't do that more than once per year?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Because if they did it a bunch of times a year Black Friday wouldn't bring them as much business IMO.

COMC has really slowed down recently it seems like.

I agree which is why they should try and have the free shipping sales for buyers and free ads for sellers more often. It's great how many dupes people send in. I wonder how much it has hurt not having the free Beckett pricing for everything.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I agree which is why they should try and have the free shipping sales for buyers and free ads for sellers more often. It's great how many dupes people send in. I wonder how much it has hurt not having the free Beckett pricing for everything.
It seems like business started to decline rapidly after the Beckett fiasco.

I've been finding more and more people that are just listing way way over ebay. I don't understand why people would think that people on COMC are going to pay double on there as opposed to ebay.

I have most of my stuff priced for dirt cheap and still haven't sold anything in weeks. And its not like I have things that people don't want. Tons of bowman stuff, color, parallels, GU. I think I'm not going to be sending in anymore things.

The one thing that I do like is I'm able to buy tons of Gardner low end stuff for my Gardner PC and it only costs 3 dollars to ship.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
It seems like business started to decline rapidly after the Beckett fiasco.

I've been finding more and more people that are just listing way way over ebay. I don't understand why people would think that people on COMC are going to pay double on there as opposed to ebay.

I have most of my stuff priced for dirt cheap and still haven't sold anything in weeks. And its not like I have things that people don't want. Tons of bowman stuff, color, parallels, GU. I think I'm not going to be sending in anymore things.

The one thing that I do like is I'm able to buy tons of Gardner low end stuff for my Gardner PC and it only costs 3 dollars to ship.

Prices do seem higher.

I do like the new filter they have on the Promotions that displays the % off BV. There is one guy running a Promotion for 25% off his prices, but his sales shows up as only 1% off BV because he had his prices jacked up.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Prices do seem higher.

I do like the new filter they have on the Promotions that displays the % off BV. There is one guy running a Promotion for 25% off his prices, but his sales shows up as only 1% off BV because he had his prices jacked up.
Yeah I like that filter too. So many sellers will run a 50% off sale but right before that just double all their prices. Its absurd.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Yeah I like that filter too. So many sellers will run a 50% off sale but right before that just double all their prices. Its absurd.

I just started a 3 day 50% off promotion. Already moved enough low end stuff to cover the promotion cost. Just about everything I have priced higher than $10 is stuff that I have the only one on there, so I'm hopeful that stuff gets some action. Only uploaded stuff a month ago, so figure it will be slow until the season starts

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Just started on comc. Listed 80 items with the $20 first time seller credit and I'm enjoying it so far.

The majority of the stuff I listed and have sold has been low end and I've been striving to be competitive in price.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'm just glad I finally managed to unload some of the Iwamura and Fukudome Calbee cards I submitted a couple of years ago. Fading Japanese All Stars don't sell like they used to.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'm just glad I finally managed to unload some of the Iwamura and Fukudome Calbee cards I submitted a couple of years ago. Fading Japanese All Stars don't sell like they used to.

Fading Japanese All Stars sold well at one point?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Just made an offer to joelXXXXsshow and he countered by raising his prices on the cards. Ugh.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I actually don't like that offers can be made on COMC. Items used to be priced to sell, not to generate a bigger offer

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Raising prices after an offer always stumps me. Unless it's a really hot card/player, all raising it does is piss off the guy who offered and make people less likely to offer going forwards

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Raising prices after an offer always stumps me. Unless it's a really hot card/player, all raising it does is piss off the guy who offered and make people less likely to offer going forwards

It seems like a fairly common practice so I guess it's a risk to try and get a better price on a card.

Members online

Latest posts