Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How's this idea for 2013 Bowman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
Disagree. For box breakers or case breakers all those inserts ADD VALUE
why take away value and give more base set cards? no way... Bowman has improved because it mixes flagship Topps ideas with prospecting
that is not filler it is value
you may not want those cards or collect them but many do

Fewer insert sets.

While it's probably too late to do anything about this for 2013 Bowman, perhaps they will consider doing so in the future, especially if they decide to create a second series.

As it stands, Bowman will include a total of nine such sets. The minis, ultimate prospect auto card and AFLAC/UA autos are boons, but the rest (Bowman Top 100, Blue Sapphire Program, Bowman Black Autographs, Dual Franchise, Futures Game relics, Hometown parallels) constitute too much filler, IMO.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Disagree. For box breakers or case breakers all those inserts ADD VALUE
why take away value and give more base set cards? no way... Bowman has improved because it mixes flagship Topps ideas with prospecting
that is not filler it is value
you may not want those cards or collect them but many do

My opinion was not based upon a prospector's perspective. It is possible to add value while keeping the sheer number of sets down. They keep increasing in number each year and IMO, it isn't warranted.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Very cool. I'm glad to see constructive criticism getting noticed by the manufacturer. Does anybody still see the need for Bowman Platinum and Sterling? IMO five Bowman products is easy to many. They end up competing with each other. I think three is plenty.

But wouldn't people say that fewer releases and less competition among products decrease innovation in the prospect part of the hobby?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Topps Company ‏@toppscards
@BigBreakCards [MENTION=4588]brentandbecca[/MENTION] @toppscards Bowman team aware of this thread and reviewing, believe has merit but also risk, will evaluate
Is Topps' Twitter writer a robot?
Bowman Team aware. Reviewing. Believe has merit but also risk. Will evaluate. Does not compute! Danger! Danger!

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Wonder how collectors feel about this:
Topps make a paper cards of vets & rookies 1-220 in Bowman and 1-220 in Bowman Chrome,
They make a paper cards of prospects 1-110 in regular bowman and a chrome set 1-110 but only have a chrome set for 111-220
and no paper cards 111-220.

This would solve that problem!

Last edited:

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I was just saying there are no paper prospects made of cards 111-220 as it stands now..
Making 2 series would make this possible.

But why would we want that? I liked the earlier idea...I'm not with you on this one. I love bowman base cards for prospects. You get nice quantities and there are plenty of buyers for them.
Jim,
I think you misunderstood me... I want them too,
I was just stating, They way they are distributed now, they are not making paper cards of prospects for cards 111-220. Right now, for example, there is no paper prospect of Jorge Soler.

So I am FOR making paper prospects in both series if they would make a bowman series 1 & 2

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jim,
I think you misunderstood me... I want them too,
I was just stating, They way they are distributed now, they are not making paper cards of prospects for cards 111-220. Right now, for example, there is no paper prospect of Jorge Soler.

So I am FOR making paper prospects in both series if they would make a bowman series 1 & 2

Okay. Seems I misunderstood you then. Glad we're on the same page.

saraceno21

Oct 18, 2012
I think the key is how can Topps add value without encreasing their costs a lot. A step in the right direction was the alternative photo prospects in the Bowman Chrome. It was not too much additional cost to produce those cards and they increased the value of box breaking for collectors. Another suggestion along those lines is adding more insert sets. One possible theme is "Organiations" where by they produce prospect cards of some of the more obscure prospects in an organization such as the Red Sox. Make it a subset with the same design only a different numbering system or letters. At first use some of the more popular organizations then branch out to the others.

Along the "Organization" lines I have always hoped for a Bowman chrome product that attempts to make a card for EVERY player within a given organization for a 1 year period. Now that topps has the minor league license they could do it. They could put out boxes of just those cards and they would sell, even at an increased price.

Members online

No members online now.