Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

These came in the store so I bought them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I've been following the 05 Absolutes since they were released and this is the first I have seen of the Samples hitting the open market. Like I said earlier, I will check and see if the "Sample" text is under the card gloss. Even if they are from the Donruss scrap vault and weren't submitted to MLB for approval, the cards are legit.

Not sure what you mean by "legit", and not sure why you think there's a difference if the gloss is over or under the word sample. No professional printer would use a pixelated font like that. The only way to get that pixelated font is to start with a tiny font & enlarge it so that the individual pixels become obvious. The seller's story about the retiree & the "Library" set are comical. And if multiple defects on your own card don't convince you, how can I? Whatever you want to believe, it's all good. I'm not Cardcop lol...

Jun 30, 2010
As the owner of a bunch of the original Donruss SAMPLE cards that were bought from a couple of dealers in the New York/Jersey area who bought from a Donruss Executive 7 or 8 years ago. I have NEVER seen these particular cards that have now surfaced. What in the world are these and where did they come from? I am pretty sure that these were bought from a guy in the Nashville area however....He approached me a few months ago and said he had alot of these.......I passed......He was trying to sell off alot of these to a few people in the Atlanta area as well as Alabama. These are much different than the cards I have for sale.....Mine are under ebay ID Dollarsportscards. Bryan

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Those cards never left Atlanta. If anyone cares to dig, here's the address of the Atlanta Optigraphics location. They're the company that printed the cards for donruss/Leaf.

1201 Peachtree St Ne
Atlanta, GA 30361

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
As the owner of a bunch of the original Donruss SAMPLE cards that were bought from a couple of dealers in the New York/Jersey area who bought from a Donruss Executive 7 or 8 years ago. I have NEVER seen these particular cards that have now surfaced. What in the world are these and where did they come from? I am pretty sure that these were bought from a guy in the Nashville area however....He approached me a few months ago and said he had alot of these.......I passed......He was trying to sell off alot of these to a few people in the Atlanta area as well as Alabama. These are much different than the cards I have for sale.....Mine are under ebay ID Dollarsportscards. Bryan

You should have bought them.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009

Now I'm really confused! The item description & story are virtually the same in your sample auctions & the ones in question - what gives? You both call your samples 1/1's too. WASSUP?

Jun 30, 2010
Which cards never left Atlanta? The recent cards I assume you are talking about, not the older SAMPLES that I have. The cards from years ago were not out of the Atlanta area at all. Someone in the Nashville area has a bunch of the recently surfaced cards however. That I do know and he has approached me on a couple of occasions....

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Which cards never left Atlanta? The recent cards I assume you are talking about, not the older SAMPLES that I have. The cards from years ago were not out of the Atlanta area at all. Someone in the Nashville area has a bunch of the recently surfaced cards however. That I do know and he has approached me on a couple of occasions....

Yes, I was talking about the cards in question in this thread.

Members online

Latest posts