Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors 1500+ Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I just hit the 1250 unique mark. I've collected Oswalt for 10 years now. Unless someone gives me a bunch of cards, it will take me awhile to hit 1500. According to my records I have over 1500 total cards.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I just passed the 2000 different mark for Chipper Jones and also have about 1700 Maddux. I also have 900 Dale Murphy and 800 Fred Mcgriff.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I am pretty sure this thread was started not to compare collections. Just a celebration of mutual respect. Maybe you can try starting a 80% Club and see what collections you can get to join? There would probably be quite a few since it could include newer players and lesser produced players. Either way, I am not a fan of comparing. Any player collector is Top Dog in my book!!

I get the point of the thread, thanks. My point was just that # of cards you have of a single player is dependent of how many there are lol. I can't get to anything close to 3,000 because there are less than 3,000 outstanding all time of the player that I collect!

Sorry if that struck a cord with you but I'm not going to start a % of player cards thread. Just commenting on the fact that # of cards is impressive but it's all relative.

By the way, for the record, I did say having 3k, 4k or 5k of any single player is "crazy insane and definitely makes you a big dog".

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I get the point of the thread, thanks. My point was just that # of cards you have of a single player is dependent of how many there are lol. I can't get to anything close to 3,000 because there are less than 3,000 outstanding all time of the player that I collect!

Sorry if that struck a cord with you but I'm not going to start a % of player cards thread. Just commenting on the fact that # of cards is impressive but it's all relative.

By the way, for the record, I did say having 3k, 4k or 5k of any single player is "crazy insane and definitely makes you a big dog".

Nah, I think it was aimed more at me really man...and I figure the reason why is we have had issues on this site where people try to compare collections. It really can't be done. I mean...what pleases another person in terms of collecting may not please another person. Even I can be biased. I like quality and quantity. Some people like one over the other and others are like me. It's way too subjective. I think with all the recent spats here lately, he just wants to keep this thread free of that crap and I totally appreciate that. At the same time, I realize no matter how or who you collect, his collection is awesome in it's right simply because to amass that amount of cards for a player(uniquely of course) is sheer awesomeness. I don't care who you collect. It really is hard.

As far as your percentage goes, that makes you elite in my book. I don't always think percentage makes a person an elite collector. I have about 30 more cards and I'll have every Jim Deshaies card made. Even the rarest ones. But he doesn't have nearly as many as a guy like Belle. I mean you have to take the player, the amount of cards he has, and how easily it is to come by his cards, especially the rare ones, into account. All of that matters. So nobody is chopping down your collection. You're good, really. Hell of a job. Nobody can expect you to climb if there is nothing to climb as it were. All I can say is everything is relative.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Nah, I think it was aimed more at me really man...and I figure the reason why is we have had issues on this site where people try to compare collections. It really can't be done. I mean...what pleases another person in terms of collecting may not please another person. Even I can be biased. I like quality and quantity. Some people like one over the other and others are like me. It's way too subjective. I think with all the recent spats here lately, he just wants to keep this thread free of that crap and I totally appreciate that. At the same time, I realize no matter how or who you collect, his collection is awesome in it's right simply because to amass that amount of cards for a player(uniquely of course) is sheer awesomeness. I don't care who you collect. It really is hard.

As far as your percentage goes, that makes you elite in my book. I don't always think percentage makes a person an elite collector. I have about 30 more cards and I'll have every Jim Deshaies card made. Even the rarest ones. But he doesn't have nearly as many as a guy like Belle. I mean you have to take the player, the amount of cards he has, and how easily it is to come by his cards, especially the rare ones, into account. All of that matters. So nobody is chopping down your collection. You're good, really. Hell of a job. Nobody can expect you to climb if there is nothing to climb as it were. All I can say is everything is relative.

:D I think I unwittingly started a spat, but that's exactly what I am hoping for.

Pred, when I die, I am going to ask them to chisel this into my stone as my epitaph:

Nobody can expect you to climb if there is nothing to climb as it were.

Just beautiful, man!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well hell...I'm half drunk. Wish it was that easy to spin out revelational type ish when I was sober....let's just hope I don't do any drunk ebay'ing. Nothing like waking up the next morning to find you have a pre-owned kayak on your watch list....

Seriously though, I haven't met many people here I didn't respect. If you really think about it, the stuff everyone here brings to the table is incredible in knowledge and quantity/quality. That in and of itself cannot be beat with a stick. If it weren't for sites like this, a lot of us wouldn't know what the hell was going on hobby wise.

sucrusader

Feb 7, 2013
NJ
I am extremely jealous of all of you! In my Wes Chamberlain collection, counting minor leagues, promo sheets, variations, wrongbacks and blank backs, card game cards, but not counting misprinted cards or other players cards featuring him, I max out at 213 different cards. Up my collection grows every now and then, including this 1991 Topps no red back with NFL player front!ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1361403376.138288.jpg

Looking for Wes Chamberlain rare cards, variations, game used items, etc.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
I'm pretty close to 1500 myself at 1473 for Ken Griffey Jr. Don't consider myself a supercollector like I used to be where I had close to 2000. I am now more of a casual mid to high end collector but am taking a long break from the hobby mostly cause I feel very satisfied with my collection!:)

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Ah geeze thanks for the shoutout Gwynn! Every time I log in, this thread must have been buried because I never see it!

Updated!

Fantastic additions guys!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
You can add me to the this list for my Kirby Puckett collection. I am still in the process of counting up all my stuff but I am already past the 1500 mark.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Crossed over 2,300 different Belles recently... Only about 2,700 Belles out there though.

Probably never get to 4,00 or 5,000... Which my wallet is okay with :)

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You may be welcoming me in soon! I'm at around 1450 Troy Glaus, and there's enough I need on Sportlots to get me almost over the top! It really does get difficult once you're this close, most of what I'm missing are GU (easier to find but often way over-priced), plates and other 1/1s, and a lot of early 2000's Fleer and DLP parallels that just do not turn up. And Tek. Lots and lots of Tek.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I just realized I'm at 1,575 Ripkens was surprised as I wasn't even paying attention. Brady is holding steady at 550 and I doubt he even has 1,500!

Members online

Latest posts