Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest HOF pickup -- a big one!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
The best right handed hitter of all time. Average .400 over a 5 yr stretch I present you rogers Hornsby!! Love this ball- it is on a warren Giles national league ball. Cert by psa

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Whoa! That's amazing, congrats!

So tell me, where do you display and/or store such an item? Do you have a special room in your house or a pretty decked out office?

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Thanks. No display right now. I have almost 200 signed HOFers and legends in boxes in my closet right now. I do have an album of pictures of all of them

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks. No display right now. I have almost 200 signed HOFers and legends in boxes in my closet right now. I do have an album of pictures of all of them
Need a sick display room or man cave or I don't know what you do for a living but having in your office would be awesome.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Single signed? (Super snobby question there... I apologize) Regardless if it is or isn't, it displays like one, and it's a really nice large signature from one of the best ever!

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Yes single signed. No problem in asking- I would have too 😀. Looks so much better in person too. If you look at his career it is awe inspiring-- 2 triple crowns and just to hit 400 in a single season is impressive but to do it over a 5 year period is so impressive Thanks

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Yes single signed. No problem in asking- I would have too 😀. Looks so much better in person too. If you look at his career it is awe inspiring-- 2 triple crowns and just to hit 400 in a single season is impressive but to do it over a 5 year period is so impressive Thanks

Even more amazing!

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
So cool! A ball signed like that often looks as nice as a ball signed on the sweet spot. How can you complain with a ball like that? Shows how humble he was IMO.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
One of my favorite stories about Hornsby was

Rogers Hornsby was so respected as a hitter that once, when a rookie pitcher complained to umpire Bill Klem that he thought he had thrown Rogers a strike, Klem replied, "Son, when you pitch a strike, Mr. Hornsby will let you know."

Can you imagine if an umpire did that in the game today. Shows how much the game changed.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
One of my favorite stories about Hornsby was

Rogers Hornsby was so respected as a hitter that once, when a rookie pitcher complained to umpire Bill Klem that he thought he had thrown Rogers a strike, Klem replied, "Son, when you pitch a strike, Mr. Hornsby will let you know."

Can you imagine if an umpire did that in the game today. Shows how much the game changed.

I liked the one I read in the book 'Wrigleyville':

A rookie pitcher was facing Hornsby for the first time. He ask Jack Fournier, the Dodgers first baseman, how to pitch to him.

"Just feed him inside pitches," said Fournier.

In his first confrontation the pitcher threw inside as instructed, and Hornsby hit a line drive so hard he almost took off the head of the third baseman.

"I thought you said his weakness was inside pitches," said the pitcher to the first baseman.

"I said nothing of the kind," said Fournier. "I just didn't want him hitting outside pitches on a line at me. I'm a married man with a family."

Members online