Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The COMC user interface is the worst

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Making offers, making counter-offers, declining counter-offers, accepting counter-offers, offering on multiple items from the same seller, canceling offers, everything is a major freaking headache and takes ten times as long as it should. It's just the worst. Whoever designed their user interface should be fired, rehired and fired again.

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I love it. No contact, the best.

That's not even what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how you go about doing all the things I listed. It's a giant pain in the ass to do basic functions. The ease-of-use is terrible. It's so confusing trying to navigate anything involved with offers and counter-offers.

Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Making offers, making counter-offers, declining offers, accepting counter-offers, offering on multiple items from the same seller, canceling offers, everything is a major freaking headache and takes ten times as long as it should. It's just the worst. Whoever designed their user interface should be fired, rehired and fired again.

+1
If your a buyer its not user friendly

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
That's not even what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how you go about doing all the things I listed. It's a giant pain in the ass to do basic functions. The ease-of-use is terrible. It's so confusing trying to navigate anything involved with offers and counter-offers.

If you're making multiple offers on multiple cards to multiple sellers how do you expect it to be easier? COMC, isn't the seller. You can't centralize offers when there's multiple individuals impacting the decision making process.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Making offers, making counter-offers, declining counter-offers, accepting counter-offers, offering on multiple items from the same seller, canceling offers, everything is a major freaking headache and takes ten times as long as it should. It's just the worst. Whoever designed their user interface should be fired, rehired and fired again.

If you add all of the items you want from one seller into your cart. Then go into one of the cards and hit make offer, then you can make one offer on all of the cards.

something.jpg

My only complaint is that they don't have a saved search, that would require much less time to check, which would lead me to check more often.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
lol It's nice to show the end result, but try explaining how you got there to someone who's not familiar with the site already. Plus, that's ONE issue that I mentioned out of almost 10.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
My Beckett comment was tongue in cheek. I guess I just don't understand your complaint. There is really no other viable alternative (or better) option out there.

So, you don't like spending the time it takes to make offers and respond to counters? Yet you don't want to shop somewhere where offers are not accepted? How is making an offer on COMC any different than eBay. It's really not, other than you can actually combine multiple cards for a single offer on COMC (improvement) and can't send messages (I personally like this).

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
And please stop referencing the OP like I have some reading comprehension issue. I understand what you're saying but you're complaint seems rooted in your own personal unwillingness to learn and/or spend anytime doing it. I don't see how that's COMC problem.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I never had any issue with comc. Maybe I didn't completely understand the complaint but it's a great site to me. When I'm searching its typically to fill sets so it's possible that makes it easier

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I wish they didn't have offers to begin with. It's only exponentially increased the stupid pricing that used to not be an issue. Saved searches would be ok but I just set up bookmarks for them so it's easy enough to handle not having them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I wish they didn't have offers to begin with. It's only exponentially increased the stupid pricing that used to not be an issue. Saved searches would be ok but I just set up bookmarks for them so it's easy enough to handle not having them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never sold but I like offers when I buy several Commons from the same seller

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Almost sounds like a buyer is complaining about how much work it is to nickel & dime the sellers. The interface works amazingly well if you just click "Buy Now".

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Seems like only one person who responded knows what I'm actually talking about. You have to jump through hoops to respond to a counter-offer received from a seller, and god-forbid you have multiple offers open for the same card/cards and/or different card/cards from the same seller. You aren't even shown what the f-ing cards are on the offers page. It's just a list of seller names, item numbers and offers/counteroffers that don't even disappear after a transaction is complete. When making a counter-offer, you aren't even able to see what you first offered on the same page. You can't even accept a counter-offer received from the offers page!!! I mean, WTF. Good luck figuring that mess out. And just hit the BIN price? Are you dense? Don't make offers on a site that is known for super-high start prices? Get out of here with that idiocy. Responding to counter-offers should be WAY easier, bottom line. As of right now, it's a complete joke.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Seems like only one person who responded knows what I'm actually talking about. You have to jump through hoops to respond to a counter-offer received from a seller, and god-forbid you have multiple offers open for the same card/cards and/or different card/cards from the same seller. You aren't even show what the f-ing card is on the offers page. It's just a list of seller names, item numbers and offers/counteroffers. When making a counter-offer, you aren't even able to see what you first offered on the same page, then when you go back, the counter-offer option disappears and yo have to freaking start over. I mean, WTF. Good luck figuring that mess out. And just hit the BIN price? Are you dense? Don't make offers on a site that is known for super-high start prices? Get out of here with that idiocy. Responding to counter-offers should be easier, bottom line. As of right now, it's a complete joke.

No offense but you seem super angry man. Its just a site to buy cards

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
As a buyer and seller I do believe that COMC needs as much traffic as possible, and they really should be focusing more efforts on that, but to come and make inflammatory remarks based on you unwillingness to make an effort is fairly irritating as it's likely to drive away anyone looking to explore eBay alternatives. Truth is, they have a fairly comprehensive interface compared to any industry alternatives. Perhaps slowing down the amount of cards you are offering on at once would enable you to more effectively multitask.

Members online

Latest posts