Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew April 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
First night of April, who is in? :cool:

I can't tell if everyone got fed up with April Fools (finally) or Easter made it slow down for a brief moment.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I'm here. I woke up at 9AM. Got cleaned up. Went to church. Sang some songs. Prayed. Took Communion. Prayed some more. Watched some people sing. Left church. Went to KFC and had some chicken. Regretted said lunch decision about 30 minutes later. Sat in the parking lot at Lowes while my wife and mother n law were inside shopping. Too chicken shiit to go in because they would have probably put me to work. Went home. Visited with my parents(who happen to be my neighbors right now) and sister. Petted my sisters dog name Butters. Walked across the parking lot to my place and took a nap. Woke up to watch Ohtani make his first start. Sorted thru some old boxes of cards. Found some hidden gems that I didn't realize I had. Sleeved them up and toploaded them. Went to Walmart. Came home, and talked to my mom for a few and then went back to my place and watched the Walking Dead. Sorted more cards and sleeved up more stuff for my collection. Watching Youtube and browsing the site here now. Yay for a day! Happy Easter.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Regretted said lunch decision about 30 minutes later.

Man you did a lot in a day. If I would eat KFC that would book me for 10 hours of bathroom funtime. :confused:

ps, did they name their dog Butters after the South Park where Butters gets dressed as a dog?

170px-SP_Good_Times_With_Weapons.jpg

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Cool, I figured that would be the case.... but I wanted an excuse to show Butters with piss and fur all over him not to mention a weapon in his eye :lol:

So what are these hidden gems you speak of?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I mean its not that much.....but I found some 2014 Draft Rhys Hoskins chrome and paper, some Verdugo and Devers chrome and paper, and I found 2 2012 Topps Update Harper RC's. Also found some Matt Harvey Update RC's as well as Dallas Kuechel RC's. Bunch of prospect cards alike Acuna and what not.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I do.

But that's a constant state. If you see me, assume I have coffee. Cold, hot, morning, evening, gas station brew, home keurig, starbucks expensive crap, it don't matter. I have coffee.

5:30 till about noon or at least on pot full

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I mean its not that much.....but I found some 2014 Draft Rhys Hoskins chrome and paper, some Verdugo and Devers chrome and paper, and I found 2 2012 Topps Update Harper RC's. Also found some Matt Harvey Update RC's as well as Dallas Kuechel RC's. Bunch of prospect cards alike Acuna and what not.

"Paper" refers to a non-chrome auto version right? I always think paper should mean redemption/claim but iirc its something else.

Yeah, if its on the big end of the food pyramid I don't see what the big deal is. Have at it.

;)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
"Paper" refers to a non-chrome auto version right? I always think paper should mean redemption/claim but iirc its something else.

Yeah, if its on the big end of the food pyramid I don't see what the big deal is. Have at it.

;)

Personally I'd say it's more of a condiment than an actual meal. I just put it in a salt shaker and sprinkle it over the meats & greens. Gives the meal an extra kick. Opens the nasal passages & clears up sinuses too

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Personally I'd say it's more of a condiment than an actual meal. I just put it in a salt shaker and sprinkle it over the meats & greens. Gives the meal an extra kick. Opens the nasal passages & clears up sinuses too

Sounds like a meal that guarantees your shed will be clean 30 minutes later.

:lol:

I didn't realize that Kershaw could opt out after this season, so Harper + Machado + Kershaw could be on the same market. :eek:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Sounds like a meal that guarantees your shed will be clean 30 minutes later.

:lol:

I didn't realize that Kershaw could opt out after this season, so Harper + Machado + Kershaw could be on the same market. :eek:

Pinstripes...pinstripes for everyone!!!

But could you imagine the amount of money the 3 of them combined could possibly make? Half a billion is a given...could it possibly reach a BILLION?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
They will all go for big bucks, Kershaw will likely get the least if he opts out due to his age, although the contract will likely be front loaded and massive for a couple years.

Side note,has anyone seen the 2018 Donruss passing the torch dual autos in person? The look kinda boring in the pics I've seen but I like some of the combos,hoping they look better in hand

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
They will all go for big bucks, Kershaw will likely get the least if he opts out due to his age, although the contract will likely be front loaded and massive for a couple years.

Side note,has anyone seen the 2018 Donruss passing the torch dual autos in person? The look kinda boring in the pics I've seen but I like some of the combos,hoping they look better in hand

Can't say I have. It's been awhile since I've purchased Donruss. Bought a case like 4 years ago (Tanaka/Abreu were the big rookie chases & I believe that was 2014). I never really thought it was a visually appealing product, however they do pack in a lot of value per case. Back when I used to bust cases I always remember doing pretty well with Donruss & Elite Extra Edition. I used to knock (unlicensed) Panini products until I finally did a case of one of their products. It's always a fun break.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016

If Greinke can get $200+ million after his age 31 season I imagine Kershaw could easily get a $250 million contract after his age 30 season, although I'd be cautious as a GM cuz Kershaw hasn't been able to remain healthy for a full season since 2015.

Considering Machado & Harper will only be 26 this offseason their contracts could be massive, depending on how long teams are willing to lock them up for. If Stanton's contract is any indication of what a superstar position player is worth, Harper could be looking at $300-$400 million with Machado a little less ($250 million, maybe?).

The trio might not be able to reach a billion combined, but it'll be pretty close.

Members online