Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many superfractors will be pulled from Boomo's 50 case Bowman Draft Rip????????????

How many Supers??!!

Votes: 18 17.6%

Votes: 18 17.6%

Votes: 30 29.4%

Votes: 15 14.7%

Votes: 7 6.9%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 5 4.9%

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Man alive, 50 cases!?!?

Only once did I bust more than a case and that was in 2005 (bowman DP&P) and I busted two 10 box hobby cases. Even flying through it without sorting at all it took me a good 5 hours and did not even make it through the last couple boxs. I was so sick of cards after that ~5 hours, the next day I packed everything up, including the couple unopened boxs and went to my LCS. I made a quick deal for the few better hits and the unopened boxes then just gave him the rest to deal with. I lost about $500, ~5 hours of my life, and could not be happier to get rid of them.

If I could even do it, which I am sure I could not, it would take me at least 120 hours or so to break 50 cases and probablly another 250 - 300 hours to actually sort them. All told it would probablly take me 400+ hours. Yep, thats 10 weeks of 40 hours a week. Someone could pay me $10,000 to do so and I would pass just to put in perspective the task this crazy guy is taking on....

Agree, this is going to take a while.

Lets say you average 8 mins a box. BC takes about 4 a box, draft is more packs and more cards.

8mins a box, 12 box case = 96mins per case on average

96 x 50 = 4800 mins = 80 hours of just busting

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Lets say you average 8 mins a box. BC takes about 4 a box, draft is more packs and more cards.

4 minutes for BC? What an amateur :D

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas

I demand a live stream with no interruptions.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
My guess is around $35 a slot.

There's not reason why most of them can't get that. The chrome, refractor, blue /gold refractor lot of the SUCKIEST player in the checklist is a good deal @ $35.....shouldn't there be like 200 chrome of each player?

The Ice lots don't really seem like a good deal even at $5.

Silver Ice in Bowman w/Chrome were one per box. With a 24% bigger checklist the odds should be better. (1:18)

That would be 800 Silver Ice in the 50 Cases. And maybe 90 Red Ice and 35 Purple Ice (guesstimates).

So that's 925 Cards divided between 220 slots.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The Ice lots don't really seem like a good deal even at $5.

Silver Ice in Bowman w/Chrome were one per box. With a 24% bigger checklist the odds should be better. (1:18)

That would be 800 Silver Ice in the 50 Cases. And maybe 90 Red Ice and 35 Purple Ice (guesstimates).

So that's 925 Cards divided between 220 slots.

Yeah that's where the average is going to come down. But at the same time he'll have several auctions over $50 and $100. It's a gamble for sure. Interested to see how it turns out.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Yeah that's where the average is going to come down. But at the same time he'll have several auctions over $50 and $100. It's a gamble for sure. Interested to see how it turns out.

The good news is that we're not the ones doing it this time Carl. It was great hanging out last year, but 40 cases was insane...50? What's beyond insane?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
hmm, im having 2nd thoughts :) 8 minutes all in, my plan is about 2-3 to rip a minute to recap. im not doing it show style, just rip and sort rip and sort.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The good news is that we're not the ones doing it this time Carl. It was great hanging out last year, but 40 cases was insane...50? What's beyond insane?

Man, can you imagine tacking on 10 more cases after what we did?

My therapist says the nightmares will stop eventually. Dylan Bundy and Archie Bradley's mugs still pop into my dreams from time to time. They are laughing maniacally.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
hmm, im having 2nd thoughts :) 8 minutes all in, my plan is about 2-3 to rip a minute to recap. im not doing it show style, just rip and sort rip and sort.

Right...but you're talking about sorting 100,000 cards. Not just one time, but twice. 100,000 cards sorted into 10's, then sorted again into player lots. 100,000!!!!

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota

You sir are a god among mere mortal collectors. ;) I'm definitely going to have to tune in to this. How long are you going to rip at a time?

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Sure does sound like quite the job. At least it's not releasing the Wed before Thanksgiving like it did last year.

Hopefully I can win a few if the lots I'm targeting, it's going to be fun to follow.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
For anybody that has any qualms about purchasing or doing any deals with Matt, take my word for it that he is by far one of the most prompt seller's/traders here.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I can't wait to watch the box 1 recap and then the box 600 recap and see how many years appear to have been shaved off of Boomo's life. I put the over/under at 12.5.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I admire anyone that has the balls to spend that much on so many cases at one time.Had to be a $20000 minimum purchase, no?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
I can't wait to watch the box 1 recap and then the box 600 recap and see how many years appear to have been shaved off of Boomo's life. I put the over/under at 12.5.

lol, recaps will be by case. There will be 50 1-2 minute videos at blog. but after each box i will say what was in the box as it will be broadcast the whole time.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
lol, recaps will be by case. There will be 50 1-2 minute videos at blog. but after each box i will say what was in the box as it will be broadcast the whole time.

You mean you're not going to show the opening of the packs? Trusting customers you have my man...it says in your auction description "all done live on Blog TV". Better be careful man, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Last edited:

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
You mean you're not going to show the opening of the packs? Trusting customers you have my man...did you include that in the auction description?

yes for all the people who wanna continue to think i will steal you will see every pack opened, that will be broadcast the whole time, but taping all of it is impossible cus blog only give you 500 minutes of time. So you will see packs opened, recasps shown by box, then i will film each case. No one is gonna watch all 50 cases get ripped unless they are nuts, but enough people will be there that everything will be seen by someone. I dont expect one issue at all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts