Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Of course the other thread is going smoother, it's free stuff.
Here people are suppose to pay it forward. Outside of a handful in this thread, most are selfish and would rather pay it backwards.

true but the free to good home members are putting up some pretty nice stuff for free & were all adding some nice stuff not just taking

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
bumping back to main page. Someone must be able to use the Ismail!!!

(also, note that I think because this lost its sticky status, the thread is going to get filled with a lot of messages besides just the actual card up for grabs, so I think this will end up being both the card and discussion thread to keep this on the main page).

I will agree with the bolded above... only because it'll be hard to keep both threads bumped, etc. Therefore, maybe up to a mod to continue cleaning up from time to time to help keep it clear as to what card or lot is up for PIF.

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I would love that card if 1.) it was PC for me...2.) I wasn't out of town and could post a replacement card right away. It's a great card...surprised no one has swooped that up yet!

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
A_Pharis did anyone complain about the sticky? Or was this solely your decision?

I just can't see a reason to unsticky this thread unless many members sent you PM's about that one extra thread ruining their FCB'ing experience.

I may be in the minority here but I'd assume a thread like this would be more sticky worthy than a thread that lists the sellers names on a different baseballcard site.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Re: ------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

A_Pharis did anyone complain about the sticky? Or was this solely your decision?

I just can't see a reason to unsticky this thread unless many members sent you PM's about that one extra thread ruining their FCB'ing experience.

I may be in the minority here but I'd assume a thread like this would be more sticky worthy than a thread that lists the sellers names on a different baseballcard site.

I couldn't agree more and felt the same about the free to a good home thread. The box break thread has up to 8 stickies at times all dedicated to one member.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

A_Pharis

It's because when you sticky one.. you sticky the other. Then everyone starts making sticky requests. Then people say they don't like having to scroll sticky threads that they are not interested in.
If these threads are going to be successful, then they will stay on the first/second page.
I would like to get a "Threads you should know about" sticky, however.

And the reason break threads get their stickies is because they involve a financial transaction. They need to stay visible from start to finish. If the break falls through, the thread gets released. Apples to oranges.

I understand that these threads are good things, but they aren't going THAT WELL. If they turn around - we'll see what happens. In the end, it's not a big deal that they aren't stickies.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
@jbrown - any chance you might have a different card you could try? While I can't for the life of me understand why a nice card like this would go unclaimed, for some reason it's still sitting after more than 48 hours. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way! I'd just love to see the thread stay alive and I think it might be sinking even though it's wearing several life preservers.

Why don't you claim it? ;) Let me see what I can dig up when I get home.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I love how the discussion thread is just gone and this has become both and it's nearly impossible to track down what card we're on, who posted it, etc. haha

I don't have a feelings one way or another about it being a sticky or not... I think it should and don't understand why it's not (scrolling time for memebers? um ok?) but whatever... the free-to-go-home thread is the place to be IMO

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

Free to good home is going great no problems at all, just pure awesomeness.......

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
This thread has been Sociology 101. There have been three types of people interested in this thread:
1. The leach: Looking to take anything that might be of value and replace it with feces
2. The armchair QB: Never adds anything posititive to the thread but whines and complains about it
3. The champion: Paying it forward, not down, not backward. These posters went above and beyond to make this a better thread

This thread has way too many 1's and 2's.

Spare me the Free To Good Home bullXXXX. Check the first post of this thread and then check to see what Mike or I got/asked for in return. I'll save you the time, nothing.

Thanks again [MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION], you are the absolute best and apprecitate the work you did for this project. I just wish more members respected this board as much as I do.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Re: ------OFFICIAL PAY-IT-FORWARD THREAD (Card Posted)-----------

This thread has been Sociology 101. There have been three types of people interested in this thread:
1. The leach: Looking to take anything that might be of value and replace it with feces
2. The armchair QB: Never adds anything posititive to the thread but whines and complains about it
3. The champion: Paying it forward, not down, not backward. These posters went above and beyond to make this a better thread

This thread has way too many 1's and 2's.

Spare me the Free To Good Home bullXXXX. Check the first post of this thread and then check to see what Mike or I got/asked for in return. I'll save you the time, nothing.

Thanks again [MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION], you are the absolute best and apprecitate the work you did for this project. I just wish more members respected this board as much as I do.

You guys did awesome Joel. I wanted that Aaron badly, buy knew I had nothing comparable so stayed away from it. It's was definitely sad, how it went downhill from there. Regardless of the attempts to get it back on track. I commend and thank you two for your effort.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Here we go...

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
The thread bombed no doubt but why piss on the free to a good home one?

I'm not pissing on that thread, I just think the comparison is laughable. If you and the majority of the members think they are comparable, then I guess that's why this thread is doomed for failure.

Members online