Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Rinkrat hooked me up with 25 new 98s, and a lead to two more ( but had to sacrifice an existing collection tek to get it). Still need to finish scanning them though... Updated need list soon to follow. Thanks Rich!

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
As you can see from a couple of the messages just above, I am now open for business selling my extra '98 Tek base cards. I have somewhere between 3500 and 4000 extra '98 Tek base cards (not selling '98 Tek diffractors). I have extras of all 90 players, a minimum of 25 extra cards per player -- up to over 75 extra cards for some of the players. It took me quite a while to organize all these cards. Many too many cards for me to post a list of my extras at this point.

If you are interested in purchasing any '98 Tek base cards from me, send me your want list or list what you have for your collection, and I will reply with what I have to help you, and the cost. You can PM me on FCB or e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll respond the same way.

I don't want to sound rude, but I just don't have the time to respond to inquiries like "what extras do you have of the Braves players?" or something like that. Tell me what you need, and I'll see if I have them. I'll give priority to player collectors who are ready to purchase. I'll probably be listing '98 Tek base cards on eBay in the near future, starting with complete sets of 90, but I would like to help out the player collectors on this board first.

Rich

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
As you can see from a couple of the messages just above, I am now open for business selling my extra '98 Tek base cards. I have somewhere between 3500 and 4000 extra '98 Tek base cards (not selling '98 Tek diffractors). I have extras of all 90 players, a minimum of 25 extra cards per player -- up to over 75 extra cards for some of the players. It took me quite a while to organize all these cards. Many too many cards for me to post a list of my extras at this point.

If you are interested in purchasing any '98 Tek base cards from me, send me your want list or list what you have for your collection, and I will reply with what I have to help you, and the cost. You can PM me on FCB or e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll respond the same way.

I don't want to sound rude, but I just don't have the time to respond to inquiries like "what extras do you have of the Braves players?" or something like that. Tell me what you need, and I'll see if I have them. I'll give priority to player collectors who are ready to purchase. I'll probably be listing '98 Tek base cards on eBay in the near future, starting with complete sets of 90, but I would like to help out the player collectors on this board first.

Rich

Did you ever send me the list of the extra Rolens and Schillings that you have?

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
As you can see from a couple of the messages just above, I am now open for business selling my extra '98 Tek base cards. I have somewhere between 3500 and 4000 extra '98 Tek base cards (not selling '98 Tek diffractors except for onionring9 whom I am going to give all my mcgwire diffractors to). I have extras of all 90 players, a minimum of 25 extra cards per player -- up to over 75 extra cards for some of the players. It took me quite a while to organize all these cards. Many too many cards for me to post a list of my extras at this point.

amended what you really wanted to say

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Haha no secret but who won the box of 98 Tek for over $150 tonight?

Another one ends tomorrow and I'm not bidding after seeing this stupid closing price lol

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
I opened a couple of '98 Tek boxes from a dealer's closeout over the weekend. Never seen anything like it. Each box had three diffractors -- the same three players (different patterns). Two diffractors each of A-Rod, Juan Gonzalez, and Todd Walker. I have opened a lot of Tek boxes over the years, and this is the first time I recall getting two upscale diffractors in one box -- and it happened twice! I've never heard of that kind of duplication either. Keep hoping for one of the 'hot boxes' that RustyGreerFan and I opened early in the summer, but haven't heard of that happening before or since.

I was also outbid for the box that sold last night, and won't bother with the one already over $150.00. Looks like more bidders for the unopened boxes than folks who contacted me about filling their '98 Tek player collections. If a buyer gets a box with an A-Rod and Juan Gone diffractor, or a 'hot box' with 17 diffractors, they could probably get their $150.00+ back on eBay. Short of that, what are they all doing? Is this the new Dutch Tulip bubble?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I opened a couple of '98 Tek boxes from a dealer's closeout over the weekend. Never seen anything like it. Each box had three diffractors -- the same three players (different patterns). Two diffractors each of A-Rod, Juan Gonzalez, and Todd Walker. I have opened a lot of Tek boxes over the years, and this is the first time I recall getting two upscale diffractors in one box -- and it happened twice! I've never heard of that kind of duplication either. Keep hoping for one of the 'hot boxes' that RustyGreerFan and I opened early in the summer, but haven't heard of that happening before or since.

I was also outbid for the box that sold last night, and won't bother with the one already over $150.00. Looks like more bidders for the unopened boxes than folks who contacted me about filling their '98 Tek player collections. If a buyer gets a box with an A-Rod and Juan Gone diffractor, or a 'hot box' with 17 diffractors, they could probably get their $150.00+ back on eBay. Short of that, what are they all doing? Is this the new Dutch Tulip bubble?

I agree, slim chances the money get back on that box short of a hot box. Or if it's a group break. I know in the RGF breaks, I think he collected like close to that or so for the break.

---

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Good point, could be a group break item. Still though, group breaks are barely worth the time and money as the odds of hitting your guy are pretty dang slim. Of course some people have money and will gladly pay for the fun. Those are the breakers I count on

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good point, could be a group break item. Still though, group breaks are barely worth the time and money as the odds of hitting your guy are pretty dang slim. Of course some people have money and will gladly pay for the fun. Those are the breakers I count on

Yea. IMO those 1998 Tek group breaks are a hedge or insurance plan in case a diffractor hits of your guy. That's about it. So three or four of us are happy and rest are like WTF.

---

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Yea. IMO those 1998 Tek group breaks are a hedge or insurance plan in case a diffractor hits of your guy. That's about it. So three or four of us are happy and rest are like WTF.

---

I have yet to get any diffractor in a group break

brian26

Nov 12, 2010

Rich

Rich is a good guy and was more than fair with price and shipping. I think we are both super busy, so it took us a couple of weeks to work out our deal, but it was well worth it. Thanks again Rich!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just curious but anyone think these two boxes of Tek are shilled? Just seems like a crazy price lol

---

Members online

Latest posts