Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spent some time browsing the BO forum.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hello All,

I see a lot of FCB users also use Blowout Forums. I spent some time browsing over there to see what it was all about.

First Impressions: Offer tissues! Thread after thread is Topps sucks, Leaf sucks, Pannini sucks. If the card companies suck that bad, dont buy! Use YOUR wallet to show/tell them how bad they suck! Simple!

Threads shoved in between 'card companies suck' threads are the 'I got screwed by seller/buyer' eBay discussions. If you keep getting screwed, quit buying and selling on eBay. I understand, some depend on eBay to pay the bills. Seems that the most experienced eBayers tend to do well and the beginners and half-assers tend to be the ones with issues.

As I scanned the first 60 posts (although this fluctuates minute to minute), 27 were card companies suck, 21 were eBay issues, 7 were actually somewhat card informative question/answers and 6 were post office/shipping how to.

I'll stick with FCB. A little slower paced and seems to be more of a tighter community ready to help fellow collectors rather than beat up on a guy (unless he's being intentionally dumb/facetious).

As long as the BO Forum exists, my stock in Georgia-Pacific and Kimberly Clark (tissues) will do just fine!

Fordman

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Oh I agree completely. I can go three or four pages before finding a thread that could actually inspire informed and intelligent conversation. I would say my time is split 98% fcb, 2% bo.

Lots of jabs and attacks on other members, and I have to say a lot of noobness, which leads to attacks. I honestly dont know why its so busy there. I guess its because they seem to not care what gets posted, and that most members dont think before they type.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Every board has it's pluses and minuses. This place is obviously cleaner but blowout has great conversations too.

All in what you want to see. You saw four "ban this eBay user" threads on the first page. I saw four threads where people where giving away free cards.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I quickly scanned the front page posts on FCB and saw 1 post discussing another message board where (apparently) all people do is complain... :)

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
When it comes to boards, I only go to a few. This is my go to for all sportscards and related news. I like this community, and people seem to be pretty nice--just don't bring up Leaf :)

the other is sportscollectors.net. I think the paid subscription keeps out a lot of the rabble. Great people over their.

Game Used Universe is great too. Just don't forget your password...support can suck, but people are great.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
BO is not as bad as it seemed originally. Amount of sheer stupidity there is definitely higher than FCB but there is also a lot more traffic, and a greater variety of posters. Their big strength is their transactions board (not super great or anything, but more than I've found on any other board).

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
On a the up side, if you want to rack up some quick paypal, it's really easy to do over there. Just put quicksale in your title and you're in business. I needed to rack up some quick money and did a few quick sales @ around 10% below ebay. Literally minutes to sell all kinds of random stuff.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts