Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~Hump Day Morning Thread~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
It got up around 50 today. It was nice out. Its nice to go back to being able to wear shorts :lol:

I only wear long pants to work. One day it was about 35 and I was in the commissary. This elderly man with a WWII veteran hat on asked me where the rest of my pants were. I told him they we're home, to which he just shook his head, looked at the other guy sitting with him and said, "Kids!".

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I only wear long pants to work. One day it was about 35 and I was in the commissary. This elderly man with a WWII veteran hat on asked me where the rest of my pants were. I told him they we're home, to which he just shook his head, looked at the other guy sitting with him and said, "Kids!".

:lol: Depending on if its windy or snowing, I can wear shorts when its in the mid 20's. Its when it is windy or snowing that stops me.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
[MENTION=2685]69MetsFan[/MENTION], I am on the payroll again it is just a matter of what people consider work and is that what I do :confused:

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
It's going okay Dave. How's everything your way?

Absolutely nothing worth complaining about. I still get a craving every so often for some gator bites. Dang, they were good!

:lol: Depending on if its windy or snowing, I can wear shorts when its in the mid 20's. Its when it is windy or snowing that stops me.

I already know I'm going to be one of those grandparents who set a bad example for the grand kids. "Mom, why do I have to wear long pants? Grandpa Dave doesn't!"

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Evening all, this mini snow blizzard has not let up at all today, good news is, it'll stop by the morning and the sun will be out by Friday....waiting on the spring to come out

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Howdy fellas. Been a helluva day. Wife called while I was at work. Van overheated on the highway. It is now in the shop. Atill trying to decide what to do with this.

0458AC33-EFD7-4A07-B3FC-ED8033090F4B_zpsu8rdvrcl.png

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Good evening.

Got this nice patch for the PC today.
1394671450003.jpg
Upon closer inspection there's some sort gummy substance on all four edges that I think might be glue residue.
1394671612138.jpg
To me this would be a red flag for a fake patch, but there's no other indications such as edge or window damage. Plus it's not exactly a big-money so why switch the relic for a patch?

What do the trusted MT'ers think? I've never had this experience before.

- Rodrick

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Says jersey, but until 05-06 some patches I personally pulled said jersey on the card. Could be real, and like you said, not highly sought after. A lot of trouble for the money. Card looks great though

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Rodrick the 2002 Leaf Certified set had all kind of issues. That patch is plain enough not to be a fake. Plus that set was LOADED with nice patches.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Did he have a mirror gold jersey? Rickey only had bat.

Yes, Olerud's Mirror Gold is supposed to be a patch. I have seen 1 or 2 others on ebay. It does say jersey in the bottom left corner.

Says jersey, but until 05-06 some patches I personally pulled said jersey on the card. Could be real, and like you said, not highly sought after. A lot of trouble for the money. Card looks great though

That's what confuses me. Why go through trouble of switching a patch for another patch on a low dollar card? Since cost of sending it back with tracking and insurance would cost me almost as much as the card did, I'm inclined to just keep it.

To add to the total ebay experience for this card, the seller mailed it in a PWE! :mad:

- Rodrick

Status
Not open for further replies.