Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Next $1000 Autographed FY Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
There are more Chrome Pujols Auto's on ebay currently that are overpriced and are just going to sit there. There are Trout Chromes that are going to be bought up every day and the overpriced Pujols will still be sitting on ebay. More demand than supply for Trout will equal higher prices. Pujols STILL has 7 years on his contract that he will never fullfill. As great as he was and and scarce as that card still is- demand for Trout will be their for the next TEN years at least. How many will be tucked away in PC's? How many will be available in the secondary market? You want to talk about slumps and injuries? What IF Pujols was found out that he lied about his age, then PED's were in his history and Trout is the healthy CLEAN one? Yes anything can happen.....

That all may be true and yet that has no impact on Trout's prices.

The current situation is that Pujols has already put up numbers that make him one of the ten best hitters in baseball history while Trout has played two seasons in the Majors. They have been historically look but baseball history it littered with players who were great from the onset and faded. Not saying it will happen but to compare Trout to Pujols now is silly.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Angels fans are biased, but there is some reasoning behind it. Trout looks so natural out there....he doesn't seem to have much of an ego and I hope he doesn't develop one.

I do slightly regret not picking up an 09 auto before he exploded.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
The only ones I have are three 2010 Platinum Auto's. I got them in the $20-$25 range. I heard so much about him and never loaded up on him like I should have. He lives 1/2 hour from me. He still comes to my town when the H.S. football teams play. The people in his town treat him as a normal dude which is cool. He literally lives in his parents basement and does normal chores. Just a good dude and I wish him the best. If he ever becomes a FA he'll have the largest contract in history.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
You'll regret saying that. This kid IS the face of baseball. He's a good dude and comes from a great family. Everyone goes through slumps and injury. Trout has the IT factor and will be better than Harper as much as everyone hates hearing that because they think Harper is GOD. Don't get me wrong, I like both guys but Trout is already 5 tool and if it wasn't for Miggy, he would have been MVP his first two years.

When he played in the Midwest league his parents would come to games all the time. I chatted with his dad for about 15 minutes waiting to get his autograph. You can tell his parents raised him right.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
I love Trout and think he is the best player in MLB, and the best ever for his age.

I still would not be buying in on base chrome autos near a G.

Tons of downside risk. Even if he just has a GREAT season this year as opposed to a HISTORICALLY GREAT season like his first two, that card will go down. He's just set such an insanely high bar for himself.

And, very little possible upside. What could he possibly do at this point to escalate prices further??

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
I pulled the Chrome Auto and it sat in a box of "commons" picked up the Sterling raw for like $150 a while back.
Just got them graded / slabbed a few months ago.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I love Trout and think he is the best player in MLB, and the best ever for his age.

I still would not be buying in on base chrome autos near a G.

Tons of downside risk. Even if he just has a GREAT season this year as opposed to a HISTORICALLY GREAT season like his first two, that card will go down. He's just set such an insanely high bar for himself.

And, very little possible upside. What could he possibly do at this point to escalate prices further??

+1. Good luck to anyone buying but its an incredibly risky move. IMO pujols was the guy who was undervalued this offseason. He should hit his 500th homer around when Trout his his 65th.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Pujols IMO will only go down from here.

Trout was one of the guys I bought heavy into in 2009 right along with Borchering and Matzek.

I sold 3 9.5's to my buddy at a show for 50/ea. I figured I had many more and he is a good guy. LOL

I had a pair of xfr that I sold after he was called up and flopped badly. I sold that oct for 250/ea I figured I made 200 each and should be happy.

Right after I sold those they started moving fast.

Now all I have left is a bowman chrome 9.5 sterling 9.5 and two elites /149.

the one that hurts most is the gold ref auto I turned down for 8 bills. yeah the wound is still open

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Pujols IMO will only go down from here.

Trout was one of the guys I bought heavy into in 2009 right along with Borchering and Matzek.

I sold 3 9.5's to my buddy at a show for 50/ea. I figured I had many more and he is a good guy. LOL

I had a pair of xfr that I sold after he was called up and flopped badly. I sold that oct for 250/ea I figured I made 200 each and should be happy.

Right after I sold those they started moving fast.

Now all I have left is a bowman chrome 9.5 sterling 9.5 and two elites /149.

the one that hurts most is the gold ref auto I turned down for 8 bills. yeah the wound is still open

Remember that lot you bought from me 2-3 yrs back...was he in it? Think he was :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm one of those who is only now starting to think about buying a Trout RC. I was watching the card shown at the top of the thread and decided against it because of the centering, not necessarily the price. I'm not thinking about buying as an investment, but because after watching him the last two years I'm an actual fan and would like to own his RC. But however many of the base cards were made, they just aren't really circulating at the moment. Maybe people are waiting for the season to start, maybe people who own them are in 5-year-hold mode, I don't know. But they just aren't there. Refractors are to the moon, and color is to Mars. A BGS 9.5 gold ref is bid up to $10,800 currently, although the underbidder has 15 fb and the high bidder has one bid in the last 30 days, so who knows what is legit, but RNM anyway. I might have to settle for a nice later-year card. Or maybe if that BGS 8 gold ref doesn't go much higher...

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
You'll regret saying that. This kid IS the face of baseball. He's a good dude and comes from a great family. Everyone goes through slumps and injury. Trout has the IT factor and will be better than Harper as much as everyone hates hearing that because they think Harper is GOD. Don't get me wrong, I like both guys but Trout is already 5 tool and if it wasn't for Miggy, he would have been MVP his first two years.

So Trout= the Beatles and Harper=
The Rolling Stones

basically summing up the comparison

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts