Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3100+ ebay rating and my first negative... make sure to block gonzoid777

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jea2880&ftab=AllFeedback

I've never seen a more stubborn buyer. Guy buys an Ichiro Bowman Chrome RC from me, get it, claims it's different than the picture. I scan all of my cards myself on my own scanner - my least favorite part of the hobby - but do it to prevent this type of "item received not as described" nonsense. I owned 1 of these cards. I scanned that 1, sold that 1, shipped that 1. Soon thereafter I get the following message:

"THE CARD I RECIEVED IS NOT THE CARD IN THE PICTURE IN UR AUCTION.. WTF !!! THE LEFT SIDE IS REAL THIN AND WAY OFF CENTER..THE CARD IN THE PIC HAS A VERY SLIGHT THICKER ON THE LEFT SIDE… UR PULLING A FAST 1… I DONT LIKE IT I WILL FILE…. "

My response: "
This could not be more inaccurate - it's the exact, identical card in the picture. All images are scanned by me and that was my only copy. Furthermore, I don't appreciate your accusations especially when they are completely unfounded. If you would like a refund, I am happy to provide you with one once I receive the card back in the mail."

His response: "u want to be this way…. fine….. ill take care of it !!… don't contact me …. "

My final, before receiving the negative: "
Be what way, helpful? You're completely irrational as I've offered you a full refund upon receipt of the item back, what more can I possibly do? My feedback is flawless, why would I try and compromise that over some trivial "bait and switch" as you claim? I'm really not sure what more I can do..."

I rest my case. Bottom line is the guy is a total whacko. I suggest you all save yourself the headache and block him. I still don't understand his motivation...

John

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
His motivation is to get the card for free. Guy is a punk.

Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Have you contacted eBay? Issues if this nature, supported by messages through eBay, can be overturned.

You can message eBay support as well as use the "report buyer" function and claim feedback extortion.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Have you contacted eBay? Issues if this nature, supported by messages through eBay, can be overturned.

You can message eBay support as well as use the "report buyer" function and claim feedback extortion.

Yes, I filed my first "report buyer" through ebay and the outcome is pending. Thanks for the comments guys, it's nice to both vent and prevent you all from getting the same headache I did!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Yes, I filed my first "report buyer" through ebay and the outcome is pending. Thanks for the comments guys, it's nice to both vent and prevent you all from getting the same headache I did!

Keep us updated; it will be nice to hear about resolutions for sellers.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
I got my 1st neg in over 12 years a week or 2 back. Had a group scan of a couple cheap Heritage cards, and stated that the auction was for just the cards in the title and not everything in the scan. Drops a negative stating misleading description. Called eBay to get negative removed and they wouldn't because it was the buyers opinion. Whatever. He had a whole 24 feedbacks compared to my 2400+. Such a joke, all you have to do is complain and eBay will side with the buyer.

On a side note, this loser has been blocked.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I got another user for you. p_a_r_a_n_o_i_d buys 5 items from me over 3 days. He says not to invoice him until all auctions are done so I can combine shipping and I agree. Before I can invoice him he tries to pay and the shipping shows $7. He gets angry and sends me message he doesn't want the cards anymore. I tell him I will combine the shipping and it's only $4 total, I just had not done it yet. He says he's still not interested. I opened unpaid item cases on all 5 cards and now he wants me to cancel the transactions. I have no plan to do so and will let the NPB's hit his account.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I didn't get a negative feedback but I blocked an eBay buyer because he would always try to end my auctions early. He would tell me my cards were worthless and that I should sell to him because I wouldn't make $$$ in an auction. He always low balls and tried to bully you into selling early. His eBay name is elvis_decanters. He is his response after I told him I was blocking him.
image.jpg

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I didn't get a negative feedback but I blocked an eBay buyer because he would always try to end my auctions early. He would tell me my cards were worthless and that I should sell to him because I wouldn't make $$$ in an auction. He always low balls and tried to bully you into selling early. His eBay name is elvis_decanters. He is his response after I told him I was blocking him.
View attachment 49628

That guy is (in)famous for repeatedly being a complete tool.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Here's my list if anyone wants to C&P it.

*mvp*cutch22*mvp*, 03wiz_kid, 1kobejordanfan, 2prophetic, 8afad6344a9ace79ca57acd13bc81af6197577538, angels4life1982, balex1962, baseballcardassassin, bowlerfishingguy, brendanblazers23, bsp21stce, byeb1264, cabby2014, cash-money-cards, chrisdoug, clewis0761, coinpalace, commander.shepard, cookie.thumper, damned-dean, danthemansboxbreak, donatextracards, dooks544, dwcw*collectibles, dxrevalations, elamis2014, elvis_decanters, flipthecard, gonzaleznut, gonzoid777, gretzkyfan, gronkeykong, hofgemcards, honeyskye17, houses-of-the-holy24, iamiman21, iqx, iv03iv, iversonforever, izanrohu, jade20064eva, jays_photography, joefromyough, johus_el5lafpcv, josh.foster88, josh18golf, jzanghi, kimberly31960, mastergavi87, mattwarburg, mattyb21, mikerizhpw, packes7710, phillies08ws12, prospecting_gems, rauschenberg2007, rhaegar_lives, rjkcollectiblessales, saganseti1, sellersisland, sincitysportscards4u, sold2meon3, spitzholdings, sportscards_ftfs, szwastra, taoist.traveler, tutuchi, vincher83, waxmogul, womanwithnoteeth, wooorazorbacks, youcrane05

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
John, sorry you had to deal with that loser. Thickness of the card? Crazy dude. I promise I won't do that to you on the 123 card Tek lot. And thank you for the free shipping.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
View attachment 49628

He's two dead brain cells away from licking windows. Thanks for the heads up he's blocked.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
John, sorry you had to deal with that loser. Thickness of the card? Crazy dude. I promise I won't do that to you on the 123 card Tek lot. And thank you for the free shipping.

HA! I had no idea it was a board member who won the Tek lot - had I known, I would've given you free s/h off the bat!

Enjoy the cards and sorry for the delay. If I find any others as I'm going through my stuff (definitely possible) I'll send them your way.

Thanks for the purchase!

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
I just had to block mattyb21. He bids on the item lot of 33 cards, then asks questions. I go through and list the 33 cards for him. He asks about a specific card not in the lot. I tell him I will include it for free. He then says thanks and asks for 2 more cards not in the lot. I tell him sorry they will be listed in a seperate lot auction. He then says not interested anymore and retracts bid. I contacted ebay and they said they will document it and block him for me for going against their bidding policy. Sad thing is mattyb21 has over 1900+ positive feedback of 100% and doesn't see that he did anything wrong.

Members online

Latest posts