Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Laroche Retires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Adam Laroche retired today in case any of you cared.

Adam LaRoche has told White Sox he plans to step away from baseball. Teammates asked him to sleep on it, but he's confident in decision.

He saves the sox 13 million this year.
He was awful last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Arguably one of the prettiest swings we've ever seen that didn't translate into consistent results. Shame, but hard to call any MLB career a disappointment. Good luck to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I'm interested to hear more about the personal issues he said he'd talk more about later this week.

Yeah I hope nothing is really wrong.
Hope it's just to spend more time with family and go hunting and be around his meat business

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Apparently laroche retired because he doesn't get to be with his son as much as he wants at the office.

Dec 4, 2008
I am a Braves fan and lived in DC while Laroche was there. Seem to remember he had some depression/mental health stuff going on at one time too. Agreed with the poster who mentioned his swing. Really had high hopes for him in ATL but he was just consistently mediocre. Amazing how well paid you can be in MLB these days even for mediocrity. I mean $13m/yr! Wow!

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I see where the Sox are coming from and I guess where adam is too. But let your kid be a kid and hang out with his buddies besides naked ball players in the clubhouse

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
25868074051_a1759747d4_z.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Respect my ass.

LaRoche took his ball and went home because his BOSS told him to stop bringing his kid to work so much.

He was with the team for 120 games last year. On the plane, participating in drills, he had a friggin locker!

He was also at every second of spring training so far this year.

Multiple players and coaches had an issue with this, and brought it up to management.

LaRoche was told to dial it back a bit, and walked away from $13 million instead...moron.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
He negotiated it into his contract when he signed with them, it's not like the Sox didn't know what would be happening

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
He negotiated it into his contract when he signed with them, it's not like the Sox didn't know what would be happening

It was never written in the contract. It was supposedly a verbal agreement.
But he sucks and players and office staff complained to management this year.
There is more to the story that hasn't come out yet.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Utterly false.

If it was in his contract, he'd still be there making $13 million.

It was a verbal agreement, and I cannot imagine he told Rick and Kenny that Drake would be there every damn day.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
No he is home schooled so he can hang out with dad. While his sister goes to regular school. Adam is a weird dude

Wow, that's ****ed up. No favoritism there at all ...

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
We have taken a giant leap, guys. Yes, LaRoche is likely being a drama queen, but terrible parent is a stretch. His daughter may have asked to go to public school.

Members online

Latest posts