Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paul Konerko... HOF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
It seems this is his last season with the White Sox and possibly in the MLB. He has had, in my opinion, a rather quiet career if you're not from Chicago, but his 433 HR, .281 avg, 2,296 hits and a bunch of AS game and a WS championship don't lie. In addition, he's a fan favorite on the south side, and I think he's pretty respected as a person among other players/the media. So, does he get in at some point?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
He's one of the greats in White Sox history, but never had the peak that would push him into the Hall. First ballot in the Hall of Very Good.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'll let Daniel answer

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1380240177381.jpg
    1380240177381.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 21

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
He had a good enough career that the question deserves consideration, however the definitive answer is more than likely 'No'. The same can be said for Giambi so there should be no need for a thread on him now...

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
You can't compare Konerko to Giambi. Konerko has more hits better average trails by 6 HR and is one of the few clean hitters of the steroids era...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
tumblr_inline_mp7l1bm1D91qz4rgp.gif

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
You can't compare Konerko to Giambi. Konerko has more hits better average trails by 6 HR and is one of the few clean hitters of the steroids era...

He also has fewer runs, fewer RBI, fewer walks, lower SLG, fewer doubles, and no MVP. Come to think of it you are right, Giambi is on another level and that makes Konerkos bid for consideration even lower. However when you use Baseball Refrence similar stat comparison of everybody who ever played baseball guess who is #1 on Konerkos list? Guess who is #1 on Giambis list? Go ahead, I'll wait...

Last edited:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I love baseball-reference.com

all I need to know from that site about Konerko is this

Black Ink 0
Gray Ink Batting - 58 (438), Average HOFer ≈ 144
Hall of Fame Monitor Batting - 80 (242), Likely HOFer ≈ 100
Hall of Fame Standards Batting - 37 (200), Average HOFer ≈ 50

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
He has to have five more pretty good years to merit serious consideration - at his age, a resurgence isn't likely.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
No he wont. I wish beacuseheis a great player on and off the field. If you have never met him in person then you are missing out! He is a great guy to be around.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
No. He was a great player, but not in an elite category. He never led the league in anything, no MVPs, etc.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Konerko's been discussed a couple times in these types of threads. I admit I dismissed him out of hand, but then took a closer look and yeah, he's in the ballpark (heehee). But if he's retiring this year, he won't make it. Even if he hung around to get to 500 HRs, that might not be enough anymore, if that's the only real thing to hang his cleats on.

Members online

Latest posts