Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 18, 2008
Run and Hide.................... I'm back for a Bit hehe

A lil Something from Upper Deck, picked up a nice Shadowbox Frame for the Goods.............

10313054_837486476281319_3089074732633946479_n.jpg

Very nice piece MP!

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
@magicpapa if and when you ever want to trade or sell that 1997 Finest refractor please shoot me a pm :)

Also had a nice mail day today to complete two of my favorite 90's parallel sets I thought I'd never complete as a kid.

JCtv8hR.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks rarecardcollector, I have got your emails BTW ,Sevilst I'm pretty sure that ones spoken for

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Another one came today in the mail. Anyone know why these are so cheap to pick up? They are 1 in almost 3,000 packs.

Not always a huge fan of slabbed but for parallels that look pretty similar to their other variations 9 or above I can live with.

2z1R3gu.jpg

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Got the first 3 out of the way...

98 finished off, who has some extra 99 subset PMGs they want to sell?!

And a trade

Last edited:

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
the gold medallions were going for $60 a pop or less for the last few years... I honestly don't know what's changed. A few new griffey collectors perhaps?

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
the gold medallions were going for $60 a pop or less for the last few years... I honestly don't know what's changed. A few new griffey collectors perhaps?

I don't think that a lot of people actually knew how rare those GM were, most Ultra GM are 1:100+ Those hitting machines on the other hand are insanely rare and perhaps since they don't look a whole lot different maybe people were skeptical?
Who knows. Just guessing here :)

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
I don't think that a lot of people actually knew how rare those GM were, most Ultra GM are 1:100+ Those hitting machines on the other hand are insanely rare and perhaps since they don't look a whole lot different maybe people were skeptical?
Who knows. Just guessing here :)

I'm not saying they weren't hard to pull, 1:2880 packs is VERY TOUGH, but that doesn't mean they're that rare...depends on the production run of the product. Anyone know how many cases/boxes/packs were produced? I'm not aware of any serial #'d inserts, so it's tough to back into a total from the stated odds.

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Thanks rarecardcollector, I have got your emails BTW ,Sevilst I'm pretty sure that ones spoken for

Ah okay :( Well if that changes, or if anyone else has one for sale trade please let me know.

PM if you're interested I will make reasonable offers :)

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I just posted this in the box break section but had to post it here as well. Just pulled this from a 2012 Archives box that was discounted at Walmart. Probably my best pull from a pack yet. 2012 Topps Archives Baseball Fan Favorites Autograph.

2012griffeyredemption.jpg

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
I just posted this in the box break section but had to post it here as well. Just pulled this from a 2012 Archives box that was discounted at Walmart. Probably my best pull from a pack yet. 2012 Topps Archives Baseball Fan Favorites Autograph.

View attachment 35512

Nice hit! One of my fav autos, and horribly tough to pull. I opened 11+ cases in 2012 and pulled exactly 1. Hate that they hid some in retail, but glad u got lucky. Congrats!

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Hey guys. I'm now down to only needing one auto to complete everything from 1994-2000. It's the 2000 Ovation /10. I know a couple of you guys have one, and if you want to get a cash/trade deal that is heavily in your favor, please contact me about it. You can check out what I currently have on ebay (user name dr_mccarthy). Please see if there is some combination of cards there that you like, in combination with some cash. Thanks!

I also have a really nice redemption I am waiting to get redeemed. It is from the 2013 Topps Ultimate Chase. It is a 1/1 auto relic. That set only consists of a handful of 1/1 autos. So, that one would be available for trade as well.

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
Yes, I have one. Unfortunately, these 'oddball'/regional cards don't get the love they deserve and are often far more rare then pack released/name brand product. They were limited to 125 which were only available to certain executives in the business. There were 3 different versions of this card: Gold (being the more common /2500), the silver at /250 and then the copper at /125 or less. Hope that helps! :)

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

Members online