Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Here is my insert wantlist and parallel wantlist. I also have my "Highly improbably" wantlist (97 Finest Gold Embossed, 98 Crusade Red, 96 Mirror Gold, etc)

wanted.jpg

In light of Sean's impressive collecting accomplishment and drawing inspiration from another thread - and David's/Goob's recent post there - I'd like to check-in to see how are others coming along in their Griffey collections.

Of course there are probably be a handful of cards/memorabilia that we all are perpetually going after, but in circumstances where that is not the case, this thread is the best way to help each other out. My collection would not be what it is today since I first joined back in January and I have a lot of you to thank; always looking to reciprocate.

What are the items you are looking for the most? Mine are:

1. '97 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold Certified Team /25
  2. '99 Fleer Brilliants 24kt Gold /24
  3. '97 Totally Certified Platinum Gold /30
  4. '97 SPx Grand Finale /50
  5. '97 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals /100
  6. '98 E-X2001 Essential Credentials Future /91

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Congrats on getting it, great job! Figured it would be you in the end.

But thats not very nice...not sharing a card /10 that at lest a few of us would like adding to our collections. While not many of us can actually afford that small fortune whenever we wanted, nothing worse than popping our bubbles before we even see another one... :(

I've seen your collection. It is very impressive. I've bought from you in the past and I hope to again in the future. If you really wanted this card, you could get it. I don't know your financial situation nor am I asking, but I see more than enough in your photobucket that you could move quickly to cover the cost of winning the 2000 Ovation /10, or at least bidding more than my winning bid. I'm not going to say how high I was willing to go on this one, but I will say that I was happy to get it for the price I did. When it comes to these cards, it is all about sticking to a reasonable goal. There are just way too many cards to chase otherwise. I don't have endless funds. I just collect 1994-2000 Griffey Mariners autos. I focus on that. Now that I have it completed, odds are that I won't spend more for doubles than what I paid to acquire the first one. So, if another one pops up, and you bid $1500, it will likely be yours.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
I'm also planning on selling a 1998 Retro Quantum Leap and a 1999 Skybox Star Rubies (base card variation). I will be listing them at auction Friday evening. I now need to offset some of the cost of the Ovation /10. If anybody would like to make a private offer before then, please feel free.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I've seen your collection. It is very impressive. I've bought from you in the past and I hope to again in the future. If you really wanted this card, you could get it. I don't know your financial situation nor am I asking, but I see more than enough in your photobucket that you could move quickly to cover the cost of winning the 2000 Ovation /10, or at least bidding more than my winning bid. I'm not going to say how high I was willing to go on this one, but I will say that I was happy to get it for the price I did. When it comes to these cards, it is all about sticking to a reasonable goal. There are just way too many cards to chase otherwise. I don't have endless funds. I just collect 1994-2000 Griffey Mariners autos. I focus on that. Now that I have it completed, odds are that I won't spend more for doubles than what I paid to acquire the first one. So, if another one pops up, and you bid $1500, it will likely be yours.

No worries. I didnt mean it in the bad way it may have come across. Perhaps my jealousy or my lack of funds at this moment in time got the best of me. :)

Crump_family

Jun 9, 2014
Should be a popular card. :cool:

Psa.gems has a ton of sick Griffey's on there right now. Wish I could find that kind of Griffey collection wholesale.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Nice Lil Gift from a Member Here a Few Years Back :)
1997toppsMit1998StarsandSteel019_zpsbc236988.jpg

1997toppsMit1998StarsandSteel018_zpsf16b8fa8.jpg

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Do you guys have any interest in a Pinnacle Header w/Griffey Jr. pictured as one of the players?

Attachments

• Pinnacle Header 1.JPG
    Pinnacle Header 1.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 19

Members online