Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA just slabbed a gorgeous Gem Mint 10 Koufax RC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Tread title edited. JO's tweet made it sound (at least to me) like this was the first one. I just looked at the pop report and it looks like it's the third one graded as a 10. Still a gorgeous card.

As announced by President Joe Orlando on the Twitters.

https://twitter.com/JoeOrlandoPSA/status/563030955087384576

B9BJq0FIIAEZ6-T.jpg:large

:eek:

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Wondering that too. Can't tell if it's the little "bumper" inside the slab, or a 50s rough edge.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Wondering that too. Can't tell if it's the little "bumper" inside the slab, or a 50s rough edge.

Edge doesnt bother me too much but the spot on his forhead and the line between his legs do. Again, its an absolute beautiful card especially for being 60 years old. Id imagine they grade vintage with less scrutiny but with the way they are with their registry im shocked they gave this that high of a grade. unless it was subbed by one of their big registry members.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
beautiful card but what is up with that right edge?

The card is old, so PSA probably gave it a pass.

PSA grading is an absolute joke. You grade ALL cards on the same scale, doesn't matter if the card was printed 5 minutes ago, or 125 years ago.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Wonderful card.

Let's look past the grade and the grading company and admire this card and it's beauty!

Makes you wonder where it has been stashed for 60 years.

Fordman

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
beautiful card but what is up with that right edge?

I think what you are seeing is the shadow from the slab edge placement retainer, which is a very tight fit I might add. Absolutely beautiful card.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
It was either opened in a graded pack (people buy those graded old packs to crack once a year at a National) or someone 60 years ago opened a pack and put it right back in the pack to protect it with the other cards. Could you imagine pulling that thing in a vintage graded pack break????:eek:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
first thought - wow

second thought - i'm jealous

third thought - what's the story on this card? just sat in someone's cigar box for 50 years? was it in a card saver and bought at a swap meet?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts