Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Week in Customs (Yeah I'm pretty excited about this one!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ryan I would say that list is probably accurate and the two Pewters I sold him are indeed Beckett checklisted and have been forever. They were both originally sealed the way the one in the auction you posted shows but I wanted them displayed in toploaders so out of that plastic wrap they came. I know my brother has the Rickey Henderson too in his PC

Cool , thanks for posting. Just to clarify the 2 you sold him were both 1987 ones right ? And glad he seems to have the while run then if that's the case.

Although it sucks to see someone like you leave the game , I'm glad he is enjoying the items so much, seems like it went to someone who appreciated it.

Ryan

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Amazing stuff! I have always loved to see the work of talented customizers like you!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Cool , thanks for posting. Just to clarify the 2 you sold him were both 1987 ones right ? And glad he seems to have the while run then if that's the case.

Although it sucks to see someone like you leave the game , I'm glad he is enjoying the items so much, seems like it went to someone who appreciated it.

Ryan

For me, it isn't just about having the cards - it is about how I have acquired them. I'm glad to have been able to have been able to take on a good portion of Paul's collection, knowing all the blood, sweat and tears he put into it. Who knows? Back in the 80's, had we both lived in the same place, we probably would have been at the same shows digging in the same boxes for the same Canseco cards.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

Ryan

it was the 87 and the 89.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Honestly, if you started your own card company and sold packs at a reasonable price, I'd buy from you more than Topps

Agree with this. You have a better sense of what kind of design the hobby members would appreciate. Fantastic pieces as always, very professionally done.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
For me, it isn't just about having the cards - it is about how I have acquired them. I'm glad to have been able to have been able to take on a good portion of Paul's collection, knowing all the blood, sweat and tears he put into it. Who knows? Back in the 80's, had we both lived in the same place, we probably would have been at the same shows digging in the same boxes for the same Canseco cards.

Yeah that would have been a definite although back in those days dealers always had the 5k boxes with dividers of all the hot players so it wasn't as tough as it is today. It used to be fun going to the local monthly show with at least $100 in my pocket to pickup new stuff and the yearly bigger shows in either Boston or New York with $500 or more in my pocket as an early teenager.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I have no clue how you do it but you create the most amazing cards ever and deliver them with wonderful reads. I ALWAYS look forward to your posts. Thank you so much for sharing.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I have no clue how you do it but you create the most amazing cards ever and deliver them with wonderful reads. I ALWAYS look forward to your posts. Thank you so much for sharing.

Thank you very much! I love making the customs and love writing so I don't expect to be stopping any time soon :)

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I believe he only has a 1987 Pewter. From when I was looking to complete my Clark run, I could only see pewters of Gooden , Mattingly and McGwire. All different years. No year looked to have multiple players.

**As I type this I Googled and found this, which looks to be accurate.

http://www.openchecklist.net/sets/05XJ/cards

I just searched and see this, Mouschi, maybe they can make a deal, they have two

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jose-Canseco-1987-Topps-Pewter-mini-card-sealed/171692855487?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27705%26meid%3D2db0931a2b5f4a1aae47807b56e0fb5a%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D171676530997

Again, this is just from my research when I was filling in Clark and from tonights search which I see this CL. If someone has seen any other Pewters, post em up, I'd like to keep a CL of them.

*** Also on your CL, you have an MVP Pin listed for 1991, that is the one w/ the Score card attached FYI if you have that

****And I see you have the 1989 Tara Plaque listed, I am not sure this exists. Although I have had a 1989 on my Clark wantlist forever , if it exists its rare. I had received info that the difference from 1988 and 1989 was that the back of the 1989 had Santiago listed at Benito not Benny, Rickey not Ricky for Henderson and listed Ron Darling as a Met. I have never seen that back, but I believe if that is the case, nothing else is different about the item. Maybe @tpeichel can shed light on that.

Ryan

I have never confirmed any of the rumored variations for the Tara Plaques.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
[MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] I see the 1991 MVP Pins #38 AND the 1991 Major League Collector Pins #38 in the beckett checklist. Is this a misprint of some sort, or are there in fact 2 different types?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
[MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] I see the 1991 MVP Pins #38 AND the 1991 Major League Collector Pins #38 in the beckett checklist. Is this a misprint of some sort, or are there in fact 2 different types?

They are the same , the ones with the Score card attached on the pack

Ryan

mouschi

May 18, 2012
They are the same , the ones with the Score card attached on the pack

Ryan

Bah, why do they have it listed twice? That drives me nuts. This one guy on ebay had a BUNCH of food issue and 44 ct. fleer box sets listed as glossy versions as well - I spent a lot of time making a list of what i needed off that, only to find out he just decided to put glossy in the title for some reason. Anyway, thanks Ryan! I'm gonna remove it from my list.

Members online

Latest posts