Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally got my first patch/auto!(WBC Style)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
After searching for a unique Griffy patch/auto I was finally able to find one.Thankfully a ebay seller was willing to separate this out of a lot.Feel like I got a great deal..Here it is.

2006 Exquisite WBC signature patch #'d 11/30.Sorry for the crap picture,but im stoked!

537518AA-989D-4E67-B4AE-30CB9B8D9221-6070-00000ADC9509718A.jpg

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Congrats...nice card. And why would someone try to sell a Griffey auto patch /30 in a lot?! I'm guessing you'd maximize profit on that selling it solo.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
I think Griffey looks fine in the pic on the card. Can't expect him to look the same as he did in his prime in the 90s. Still played well till he retired. Nice card!:D

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Congrats...nice card. And why would someone try to sell a Griffey auto patch /30 in a lot?! I'm guessing you'd maximize profit on that selling it solo.

It was a 6 card patch/auto lot.Not sure why he was trying to sell as a lot though.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome. I love the WBC patch cards, and this one with an on-card sig is especially sweet. You know there won't be Griffey USA patch cards coming out for the next 30 years.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
It's actually a sticker auto but still a great card in my opinion! It's hard to tell that its a sticker auto cause of it being clear. Griffey still has a great signature even on the stickers.:D

Awesome. I love the WBC patch cards, and this one with an on-card sig is especially sweet. You know there won't be Griffey USA patch cards coming out for the next 30 years.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
It is a stick,unfortunately.A little bit of the 'G' slipped off of it.The patch makes up for it though,Looks like part of the 'A' in USA.The defects and frayed part of the lettering may make me able to photo match this,Im gonna look up some of his WBC pictures later and see what I come up with.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks Metsfan!

I think ive came to the conclussion that the patch is from the bottem of the U where the S starts to tail into it.Would be awesome to photo match it.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
My best Griffey patch auto cards in my collection do have sticker autos on them. The patches definitely on mine make up for the sticker autos and to me it is still his auto with the card even though it isn't directly on the card! I like most other collectors will prefer the on card autos but like I said before Griffey seems do a good job for the most part signing the stickers with a few exceptions, like part of the auto missing. That to me isn't that big of a deal and in the end those cards seem to hold up their value pretty well! Again, awesome pickup!:D

It is a stick,unfortunately.A little bit of the 'G' slipped off of it.The patch makes up for it though,Looks like part of the 'A' in USA.The defects and frayed part of the lettering may make me able to photo match this,Im gonna look up some of his WBC pictures later and see what I come up with.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow where have I been, those are sweet cards, was there a WBC set in 2006 exquisite or just pictures him WBC uniform etc. Definitely makes me want to find a card like that.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Wow where have I been, those are sweet cards, was there a WBC set in 2006 exquisite or just pictures him WBC uniform etc. Definitely makes me want to find a card like that.

Not to sure,Ive searched Ebay for other players and came up empty handed.I know the Griffeys are hard to find and dont pop up often.

Members online

Latest posts