Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Echelon - Free to a good home, but you must pay it forward - Read Post #1 FIRST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Nice Hicks!!!
[MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION] [MENTION=3848]TBTwinsFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=2131]Weimer[/MENTION]

My goodness this thread moves fast.
If anyone claimed one (or all) of these; please PM me.
I'm happy to move them as a 3-ball lot.

But if no one wants them, i have to up the ante.
Here's one of them 'Hot-List' cards this week:

hicks012.jpg

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

[MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION] for the Hicks auto?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
received my 59 maris today thanks [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION]

and also want to thank [MENTION=4914]gmarutiak[/MENTION] as I received a nice package today with some awesome stuff. this place is the best

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008

I want to thank [MENTION=4914]gmarutiak[/MENTION] as well! I got a really nice lot of cards from him today too. There was some awesome stuff in it including a 2003 Topps Gallery Albert Pujols GU bat, a 2012 TTT Nick Markakis GU Jersey Auto /50, a 2009 UD Spectrum David Ortiz GU Jersey Gold /75, a Legendary Cuts Dual Tony Perez/Jason Varitek GU Jersey, a 2005 Donruss DK Fred McGriff GU Bat card /100, and a 2002 UD Honor Roll Chipper Jones GU Jersey!!! Crazy thing is, there were even more cards, including a bunch of inserts of some great players both past and present!!! It was such a great package to receive.

Even better than the cards was the fact that someone thought enough of me to send me something just because they wanted to make my day. Believe me, I can't really express in words how nice that is and how good it made me feel. Truthfully, being thought of and sent something just because was way better than any cards that could have been sent and I am very touched! Thank you, Gary!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I want to thank @gmarutiak as well! I got a really nice lot of cards from him today too. There was some awesome stuff in it including a 2003 Topps Gallery Albert Pujols GU bat, a 2012 TTT Nick Markakis GU Jersey Auto /50, a 2009 UD Spectrum David Ortiz GU Jersey Gold /75, a Legendary Cuts Dual Tony Perez/Jason Varitek GU Jersey, a 2005 Donruss DK Fred McGriff GU Bat card /100, and a 2002 UD Honor Roll Chipper Jones GU Jersey!!! Crazy thing is, there were even more cards, including a bunch of inserts of some great players both past and present!!! It was such a great package to receive.

Even better than the cards was the fact that someone thought enough of me to send me something just because they wanted to make my day. Believe me, I can't really express in words how nice that is and how good it made me feel. Truthfully, being thought of and sent something just because was way better than any cards that could have been sent and I am very touched! Thank you, Gary!

Way to go Gary! Congrats on the Red Sox stuff Bill!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska

Adam: received the Lyons today! Awesome card !! Love it. And the extras too! Amazing member thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Re: Upper Echelon --- Free To A Good Home --- Read Post 1 Before You Participate

Cool. PM me.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Ok, here is what I have up.

img007_zpsaf9f960a.jpg

2011 Topps Hope Diamond #200b Ty Cobb 47/60
2011 Topps 60 Autographs #T60A-IK Ian Kennedy
2011 Topps 60 Autographs #T60A-DS Darryl Strawberry

So now I should be well up should another Astros autograph or rare Darryl Kile card pop up :)

These are still available. Also, this is on the list as one item but it is three different items up for grabs.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Bill, I think some of the issues you are trying to point out are worthy of mentioning but be careful of doing too much finger wagging because it will scare people away. Also, there is suddenly a small amount of policing going on about what is being offered now but some of the things that are gone failed to meet the $15 threshold. The item I claimed sold for $11.51 the last time it was at auction. Before that it had a fluke sale of $25 and was preceded by a sale of $8. Now, I am incredibly happy with it because I did not yet have that autograph in my project and it was worth any or all three of the items I have put up in return. But be careful about naysaying too much because it scares people away and doing too much tracking starts to feel a bit like what was going on in the PIF thread. If I am going to get scolded because that Ian Kennedy might be closer to a $12 card (and if it should be removed, I'll remove it) but I took a card that was below the threshold too.

(And please don't think I'm complaining about what I got. I am very happy with what I took from this thread and hope someone takes one of the cards I'm offering.)

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008

Thanks, Therion. Your point is well taken. At the same time, if I scare off people offering $5 cards, then that is probably a good thing in the long run and i have no problem with that. I'm betting most others don't have a problem with it either. And now that I've set the rule in place, i need to stick with it or we will be offering 2012 Topps basic insert cards in here before you know it. The finger waving is simply intended to keep this thread from going down hill and is somewhat necessary.

I obviously cannot know the value of every item posted here and I don't even see every item because there are times this thread moves fast and I don't keep up with it, which is, of course, a-okay! That is where other members come in and have questioned some items as well. If I see something questionable and I am wrong, others can point it out, as I may have Ben mistaken on the Vitters Refractor Auto. Now, I'll say this... Had it of been a base Vitters auto, I personally would have taken it, regardless of the value and happily replaced it with another card with a min $15 value, just as you did with what you took and were happy to add to your collection.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I was just being cautionary. This thread is awesome and I don't want it to go down because of too much policing. Obviously some is necessary but perhaps should be done via PM? The more bickering (whether intended to appear that way or not), the more people walk away to keep out of the drama.

Now, if someone knows a Topps collector, that Cobb is not offered up all that often. Let em know so someone with more appreciation of the card can take it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Thanks to [MENTION=4259]CatdaddysCards[/MENTION] for the Votto, got it in today and it looks incredible.
[MENTION=7174]cubfanbudman[/MENTION] finally got a new ink cartridge so the Santo Ultimate Auto went out to you today, thanks for your patience.

This thread is almost as much fun to watch as it is to participate. Great stuff from all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts