Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DUGOUT FIGHT! Papelbon vs. Harper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I recall actually being bummed when the Red Sox could not retain him. Now, I couldn't be happier that he is gone. What a turd.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
"Run the f#%*in' ball out!"
As much I literally hate Paplebon, and I love Harper, not a bad convo to have. Why would anyone listen to Paplebon, though.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Always smart for the newcomer to fight with the franchise player :confused:

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Papelbon has always been the game's biggest *******. Between his ridiculous salary and his attitude, I don't understand why any teams sign him.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Papelbon has always been the game's biggest *******. Between his ridiculous salary and his attitude, I don't understand why any teams sign him.

Oh, Nyjer Morgan has a dog in that race. That said, Papelbon is a huge doucher.

Let's not forget the classics from before this decade...

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
No doubt Harper's a bit of a dick, but Papelbon's the Ron Jeremy of dicks. Sure, maybe Harper should have run out a routine fly ball, but that's something a great many players fail to do. Harper's been carrying that dysfunctional team all year - Papelbon should have kept his trap shut. He's got no team tenure and has been as big a disappointment personally as the Nats have been as a whole. The dugout should have collectively kicked Jon's ass.

It's a major head scratcher that Williams let Papelbon stay in the game after that. Guess he knew he'd give up a 2-run shot.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
"Run the f#%*in' ball out!"
As much I literally hate Paplebon, and I love Harper, not a bad convo to have. Why would anyone listen to Paplebon, though.

"Run the f#%*in' ball out!"...Something Papelbon never said to David Ortiz, who NEVER ran a ball out in his career.

"Why didn't you take my side when I hit Machado?"...What Papelbon really meant.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jonathan Papelbon admitted that he was "in the wrong" after his scuffle with teammate Bryce Harper in the dugout during Sunday's loss to the Braves.
Papelbon was jawing at Harper for not hustling to first base on a pop out, and the two continued to have words as Harper returned to the dugout. The confrontation then escalated as Papelbon attacked Harper in the dugout and tried to choke him, with teammates having to intervene and restrain both parties. Inexcusably, Nationals manager Matt Williams then let Papelbon take the hill again in the ninth inning, where he allowed five of the eight runs that the Braves would score in the frame before he was lifted.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
He's closed a lot of tight games. Maybe the pressure's finally cracked his coconut?

This sums up my memory of him in Boston:

Anyone interested? ;)

papelbon.blue.ref.rc.06bdp.os1600.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
lol, i got into arguments with other Nats fans on facebook about the Papelbon deal when it went down. i said numerous times that i hated it and the only thing everyone could say is "we got him for basically nothing" does it really matter? The Nats were struggling already but they crapped the bed after the Papelbon deal.

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
lol, i got into arguments with other Nats fans on facebook about the Papelbon deal when it went down. i said numerous times that i hated it and the only thing everyone could say is "we got him for basically nothing" does it really matter? The Nats were struggling already but they crapped the bed after the Papelbon deal.
Subtraction by addition?

Members online

Latest posts