Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Start of my Albert Belle PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricTownsend88

Jun 13, 2014
This is nowhere near the collections most of you guys have, I've seen some insane collections on here (Canseco, Clark, Grace, ect.) After a nice 15 year or so hiatus I am only two years back into collecting these little cardboard things my entire childhood consisted of so this is just the start. Hopefully in another two years I can update and have a collection thats more then a few pictures. Here are the bulletin points....

• 4 5,000 card boxes, 18 notebooks filled with base cards.
  • 65 games used cards, 44 autographed cards
  • 1 notebook of "premium" inserts such as Crusades, Topps Tek, ect.
  • 1,500+ rookie cards, 300+ graded cards
  • Belle's pants from Game 1 of the 1995 World Series
  • 3 autographed bats, 12 autographed balls, 1 autographed mini helmet
  • Hundreds of non card related AB items. Such as action figures, magazine covers, beanie babies, ect. Even have an Albert Belle candy bar.
  • 1 Chief Wahoo tattoo that the 18 year old me thought would be a lot less creepy then tattooing another mans name on my body when I went through "that" phase in my life.

belleshrine.jpgbellepants.jpgbelle1.jpgbelle2.jpgbelle3.jpgbelle4.jpgbelle5.jpgdipshit.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Good stuff! Nostalgia is a helluva drug! But it's a good one!
And I think you made the right choice on the tat. "Joey" tattooed on your neck probably would have cost you a few times by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Great restart sir. I'm sure you and [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] have connected but if not I'm sure you guys may be able to help each other out. Keep it up!

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cool stuff. And I wouldn't worry too much about your collection lagging behind anyone else's. It looks pretty solid. Everyone here has been collecting their players for years(mostly...at least the collectors you mentioned) and it takes a while.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Yeah very cool stuff! Don't worry about how far along any of those other lunatics are out there in their collections :) It sounds like you are doing awesome. I'll echo what others said above - I'd imagine you and [MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] would be the best of frenemies!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION] :D

Love the collection ! Also, just as a curious player collector, why binders over sleeves & top loads ? Keep up the incredible work !

EricTownsend88

Jun 13, 2014
@MansGame :D

Love the collection ! Also, just as a curious player collector, why binders over sleeves & top loads ? Keep up the incredible work !

I acknowledge this is weird and Belle is the only player I put "high dollar" cards in a binder for. Honestly maybe its because I'm still "new" getting back into the hobby, maybe I'm just a weirdo or maybe a combo of the two but I frequently will grab the book and look through the cards. To me they display nicer and flow better in the pages. And our all around easier to look at.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I acknowledge this is weird and Belle is the only player I put "high dollar" cards in a binder for. Honestly maybe its because I'm still "new" getting back into the hobby, maybe I'm just a weirdo or maybe a combo of the two but I frequently will grab the book and look through the cards. To me they display nicer and flow better in the pages. And our all around easier to look at.

Do you have everything, in the binders, in chronological order or just sorta haphazardly in there ? Again, the anal side in me coming out and just wanting to know how, again, another player collector sorts their stuff.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Welcome @Erictownshed88 !

I am not sure if we have connected or not in the past (likely we have) but lets check notes via PM because I am sure I can help you out as I have +5,000 doubles and a bunch of some more rare and even newer stuff that might interest you. As you can see from my signature, I am getting near my goal of having 90% of every Belle card created that Beckett recognizes... not to mention the binder full of cards they don't recognize hahaa

Thanks [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] @michaelstepper @mouschi @AmishDave for the mention/shout out!

Members online

Latest posts