Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Ballgame Project Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My parents took me to my first major league ballgame(s) on 8/1/62, for a double header between the Yankees and Senators, in Washington. I still have the program. I researched and found the box scores. Then I have been working on obtaining the autographs of all the players I saw that day. The journey is complete, with the addition of Tom Cheney and Joe Hicks, as of yesterday's mail!
DANNY

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Wow, that is really cool. I recently came across my ticket stubs from my first game at Wrigley when I was kid and was thinking of doing something with them.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Wow, what an awesome idea, congrats Danny! Makes me want to try and dig out my first ticket stub.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Excellent project! When you get a chance, can you show us pics of the whole project? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see them!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Aside from the expense of Maris (no Mantle needed I see), were any real tough to locate or pricy? I don't see any names that stand out as being toughies, but then again if they aren't Dodgers, I don't always know.

A long time ago I had obtained a signed Senators program that included Gil Hodges on it and later was happy to discover it also had a somewhat elusive Phil Ortega too! Always fun to discover you had a toughie and didn't even know it at the time.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Aside from the expense of Maris (no Mantle needed I see), were any real tough to locate or pricy? I don't see any names that stand out as being toughies, but then again if they aren't Dodgers, I don't always know.

A long time ago I had obtained a signed Senators program that included Gil Hodges on it and later was happy to discover it also had a somewhat elusive Phil Ortega too! Always fun to discover you had a toughie and didn't even know it at the time.

Maris and Elston Howard were the most expensive of the Yankees. For the Senators, it just took time trying to find some of them, as maybe their autographs weren't as sought after. Plus several are deceased.
DANNY

Members online

Latest posts