Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Donruss "Hot off the Press" cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwblue

Sep 6, 2014
Donruss for their 2015 set printed on some of the base, Diamond King, and 1981 commemorative cards a stamp that says "Hot off the Press". I was wondering what the "Hot off the Press" refers to and what the print run on these cards are.

I went on the Panini/Donruss website and looked at the checklist for this set which does give the print run for the cards that are limited, but for the "Hot off the Press" cards it does not indicate there was a limited print. A dealer said that they do seem to be less common than the base versions.

I contacted Panini and the person that responded did not seem to know.

My guess is that "Hot off the Press" refers to the 1st cards printed. Does anyone know?

bh.jpg

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've pulled more autos #'ed /10 than these. Very hard to find, and I suspect the fact that they aren't numbered is what keeps them from being more known as a super tough set. I doubt the print run was more than 50.

jwblue

Sep 6, 2014
I've pulled more autos #'ed /10 than these. Very hard to find, and I suspect the fact that they aren't numbered is what keeps them from being more known as a super tough set. I doubt the print run was more than 50.

One of the reason I like Donruss. They put a little bit of mystery in their sets and are fun.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
A throwback to "1st Day Issue" stamped cards

93STADIUMCLUB1STDAY.jpg

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I bought one box of donruss shortly after release and pulled one. I think it was Paul Goldschmidt DK version. I bought a Puckett BIN for $1.50.

Last edited:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Are these cards exactly what it says? Issued the first day of release? What is their market value?

These cards were indeed the first cards that were printed in the first day of the printing process but if memory serves me correctly, I believe the print run was about 2000 per card so they are not all that scarce. As to value, I would take a look at Ebay and type in "first day issue Topps" and see what comes up. I know star cards back in the day would be easily 25 bucks or so but it has been a very long time since I looked so I am not sure of the current value.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
These cards were indeed the first cards that were printed in the first day of the printing process but if memory serves me correctly, I believe the print run was about 2000 per card so they are not all that scarce. As to value, I would take a look at Ebay and type in "first day issue Topps" and see what comes up. I know star cards back in the day would be easily 25 bucks or so but it has been a very long time since I looked so I am not sure of the current value.

I agree with the above. Like many non-serial numbered inserts/parallels, they vary widely in price - both asking and realized. Overall, they haven't held the value they had when first issued, but then again the same can be said for the majority of items from that era.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I still do not have a Ripken hot off the press.
These things are very rare.
Anyone that can point me to a Ripken gets a prize from me.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I've opened three boxes of 2015 Donruss, and I haven't pulled a single one of these.

and I opened three packs of the first of two boxes i recently purchased and got one. ;)

also humored by the frank thomas NNOF variation that also showed up in that pack.

still working through my boxes slowly so it will be a while before I know if I will get 1 per box, 1 per 2 boxes, or whatever.

jwblue

Sep 6, 2014
I am looking for the Madison Bumgarner Diamond King "Hot off The Press" card.

Members online

Latest posts