Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I am giving away a box of Topps Five Star Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Dont have interest in the box but good onya Gilmore!

Sent from my DROIDX using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

You can at the BIN price ::facepalm::. The facepalm isn't for your post, it's for Topps! I remember the first Topps Tribute that actually had the Koufax auto jersey, I got a green one #/75 for $250 and had offers up to $400 at the time. Now the last Tier One on card auto got like $130 or something ::facepalm::. Thanks for devaluing the once most expensive auto of a living player Topps...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
You can at the BIN price ::facepalm::. The facepalm isn't for your post, it's for Topps! I remember the first Topps Tribute that actually had the Koufax auto jersey, I got a green one #/75 for $250 and had offers up to $400 at the time. Now the last Tier One on card auto got like $130 or something ::facepalm::. Thanks for devaluing the once most expensive auto of a living player Topps...

This card isn't topp's fault.

It's all on Koufax

They didn't intend for it to be double signed.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

I actually kind of like the fact that on-card Koufax autos are getting borderline affordable. Might be able to pick up a 2011 or 2012 Heritage auto for around 300 next year.

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
Ok, I'll bite:

www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-5-Five-Star-BABE-RUTH-GAME-USED-BAT-CARD-SP-20-25-Yankees-/310511986252?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item484bf4e64c

5 Star is considered Topps' ultra high end and so be it, can't produce $3 to $5 packs forever. I chose this Babe Ruth relic. I love Game Used/Relics...or rather I use to. Now, I immediately consider them to be an "old" gimmick that isn't as fun or hot as it use to be when the relics first started hitting the scene.

I wish on a product that's high end, heck it's CALLED 5 star for a reason, I wish that Topps would have placed an image of the actual WHOLE game used item, even declaring when the exact game occurred, to coincide with the patch, or relic, on the card.

Think about it; anything pre-war, especially Babe Ruth used, HAD to have some sort of exceptional provenance to even stipulate it as a item used or worn by Ruth (just because a jersey has Ruth written on it doesn't mean it's from him- for all we know, it might be from Bob Ruth, or whatever- you get the point). And when you limit the production of a card to only 25 copies...would it be really THAT hard to place a pic with some info on the back? It's not as if you could go to your LCS and pick up a full, game used bat by a pre-war player like Ruth or Cobb.

Just my 2 cents

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I actually kind of like the fact that on-card Koufax autos are getting borderline affordable. Might be able to pick up a 2011 or 2012 Heritage auto for around 300 next year.

In a way I agree with you, I think it's great that some current stars like Cabrera and Hamilton are actually pretty damn affordable to most people. But Koufax used to be HUGE, like not under $500 huge. It's nice that more people get to buy his stuff, that's awesome, but it just sucks because the amount of rare stuff is declining severely. There are a bajillion 1/1s out there when before they were special and any 1/1 would get at least $50 even if it was an unknown joe schmo. Anyways, just my bit. Aaron, Mays and Koufax are becoming a little too easy to pickup IMO

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
The Five Star Eight Signature card is intriguing but it's a redemption and Topps has been no better than UD in turning around redemptions. I'm a long time Junior collector and was excited when Topps announced they'd signed him! My enthusiasm dulled quickly as Topps proved to be worse than UD in cranking out varieties (regulars and autos) for each release. Initially, the auto redemptions came quickly but soon ground to an absolute halt! I currently have over 25 Griffey auto redemptions outstanding and many are overdue according to notifications. Bottom line - great start Topps until you fell flat on your face - another victim of the dreaded redemption programs. Cards/designs/on card autos are great but you cannot deliver. Shame on you!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310508477311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
The Five Star Eight Signature card is intriguing but it's a redemption and Topps has been no better than UD in turning around redemptions. I'm a long time Junior collector and was excited when Topps announced they'd signed him! My enthusiasm dulled quickly as Topps proved to be worse than UD in cranking out varieties (regulars and autos) for each release. Initially, the auto redemptions came quickly but soon ground to an absolute halt! I currently have over 25 Griffey auto redemptions outstanding and many are overdue according to notifications. Bottom line - great start Topps until you fell flat on your face - another victim of the dreaded redemption programs. Cards/designs/on card autos are great but you cannot deliver. Shame on you!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310508477311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
if that ever gets made that will be one hell of a card. wow

Members online