Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I want to hear Gilmore and other FCB peeps National thoughts!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Given that you guys spent so much time there and as a corporate booth, I would love to hear what Chris's thoughts and impressions were of the National this year?

I would also love to hear from the other FCB folks who had tables at the show.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Ok, I hope no one kills me for this but Cleveland has so little to do outside of the show that it can feel like its dragging. Of course, having great people there with you like [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] and many others makes it so much better. The nights were great! Also, staying in a house made it much better!

Jun 30, 2010
I thought that the attendance overall was very good. Sales were very cyclical however. Great day, fair day, bad day, great day. Personally, I had a very good show. My average sale was probably 200 dollars plus. Not many low dollar sales. I remember last year Sunday was terrible; this year was strong. Surprise of the show; not a single Griffey card sold. Last year I sold about a dozen Griffey autographs.

Jun 30, 2010
One thing I hope they do not do again however. Large wax dealers and corporate booths were basically separated from the rest of the show. In the past they were right in the middle of the show.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Burkus said this was the 3rd largest crowd in National history.

I have a hard time believing this, I thought it was fairly slow as well. Overall we were very busy, but I thought the traffic was ehhh. I spoke with multiple people who have been to every national the last 15+ years and they said it was the weakest Friday/Saturday that they could remember.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I have a hard time believing this, I thought it was fairly slow as well. Overall we were very busy, but I thought the traffic was ehhh. I spoke with multiple people who have been to every national the last 15+ years and they said it was the weakest Friday/Saturday that they could remember.
Friday felt like Chicago on Thursday. It was very slow.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Ok, I hope no one kills me for this but Cleveland has so little to do outside of the show that it can feel like its dragging.

Eeek! There are a ton of great things to do around Cleveland, but it's definitely not the best city for accidentally running into something you'll love. Need an insider for tips...

Members online