Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Diamond Marks Retro Box Break With Nice Hit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
This was a test issue from 1993 and the cards were actually classified as bookmarks. There's 120 cards in the set and the box I got had 48 packs of 10 cards. If you want an idea of what these cards are like, go here...

http://www.comc.com/Cards,so,vList,i100,=1993+diamond+marks

The hit was a single card in it's own separate pack. It was a awesome fleer provision type artwork card of Ken Griffey Jr. There are 8 different players in the artwork set and given how they're seeded one per box, it's a tough set to complete.

Pros: It's a Barry Colla set so you can expect a nice design and cool photography. Plus, how can you go wrong with provision type artwork?

Cons: Believe it or not, I was 2 cards from a complete set. And yet somehow I ended up with 11 cards of one player! I was expecting to make 2-3 sets. I couldn't even make one. Also, the cards aren't numbered on the back, so it's hard to organize.

Overall: A mixed bag due to the randomness of the base cards. Also the artwork card you end up with is a gamble. You can end up with Griffey, Frank Thomas, or Nolan Ryan if you're lucky and Dave Justice or John Olerud if you're not. Recommended if you can find a box for under $20.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I loved Fleer Pro Vision cards.Those are well designed.Never seen those before.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Do you have a picture of the Griffey? I'd love to see it, and/or maybe trade for it if you decide to move it.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
LOL! Here's the Barry Bonds artwork card. Good luck selling it at that price though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-COLLA-BARRY-BONDS-THE-JUICE-SAN-FRANCISCO-GIANTS-/230214181324?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3599d5a1cc

It turns out the artist is indeed the same guy that did the provision cards. I'm actually tempted to complete the artwork set. It will probably set me back around $75 though.

How ironic is it that this looks like he has a half-full IV of "juice", with a tube pumping it into his bicep? Life imitated Art in this case...

Members online

Latest posts