Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Anyone know why they all seem to be popping up at once? I'd been planning on throwing out a bid.

My honest guess is coincidence, that donut seller is a pretty notable HOF patch cosigner he may have someone whose got a few of them and he wants to auction them off individually.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone know why they all seem to be popping up at once? I'd been planning on throwing out a bid.

There is a guy unloading his Yankees stuff and he had 3 or 4 of the print run of these celeb patches himself. Tonight I believe he will be posting one super nice Gehrig patch that ive been trying to get from him but he wants to put it on the open market. When it does come up I will be bidding aggresively after it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
There is a guy unloading his Yankees stuff and he had 3 or 4 of the print run of these celeb patches himself. Tonight I believe he will be posting one super nice Gehrig patch that ive been trying to get from him but he wants to put it on the open market. When it does come up I will be bidding aggresively after it.

I think that would be huge in lowering the price of that Gehrig I linked as the Celeb patches of his bring much less than any of the others I'm aware of :D. I'm excited to see what he's got

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I think that would be huge in lowering the price of that Gehrig I linked as the Celeb patches of his bring much less than any of the others I'm aware of :D. I'm excited to see what he's got

Possibly or it could raise it once people realize the other one will be out of reach.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Possibly or it could raise it once people realize the other one will be out of reach.

Agreed, although I think people have had a few chances in the past couple weeks at the Gehrig so who knows. At the end of the day some guy might log into eBay the last day of the auction and decide that he needs that Gehrig it's just tough to gage. I really want this one as a placeholder until I can find a Prime Cuts Gehrig or NT Gehrig, something like that but those just have not been popping up at all. Is the Gehrig that guy is going to unload the NT jumbo or something "vintage" from pre-2005? I hope something vintage pre-2005 ;)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Agreed, although I think people have had a few chances in the past couple weeks at the Gehrig so who knows. At the end of the day some guy might log into eBay the last day of the auction and decide that he needs that Gehrig it's just tough to gage. I really want this one as a placeholder until I can find a Prime Cuts Gehrig or NT Gehrig, something like that but those just have not been popping up at all. Is the Gehrig that guy is going to unload the NT jumbo or something "vintage" from pre-2005? I hope something vintage pre-2005 ;)

I only know of a few things as he says he wants to surprise me, lol, what ever that means. Im assuming he has some other nice stuff patch wise besides the Gehrig Hof Numbers he is putting up, I cant wait to see myself. I have seen the Gehrig he has and all I can say is I want it, lol

I may have to bribe my other buddy in here not to bid on it to keep the price down :lol:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I only know of a few things as he says he wants to surprise me, lol, what ever that means. Im assuming he has some other nice stuff patch wise besides the Gehrig Hof Numbers he is putting up, I cant wait to see myself. I have seen the Gehrig he has and all I can say is I want it, lol

I may have to bribe my other buddy in here not to bid on it to keep the price down :lol:

You definitely don't have to worry about me on that one :p, I've actually got my eye on a recent bat knob that came up I think I'll be picking up either that or the Gehrig patch I just really don't want to overspend on a Gehrig patch that would truthfully be a placeholder. If the guy is a big time Yankee collector, maybe he'll have a nice Ruth as well but I guess you would have known by now if he did. I'm looking forward to seeing what he has at the very least.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Oh and forgot to post this. Ill be posting some new stuff here soon

Sweet ! I was going to go after that , then another member said they were too so I didn't bid. And although he didn't either , I'm glad you did. Would of been bummed if i didn't and no one else on here did either. I think you did well on that one!

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa

I can be bribed not ro bid too ;) I'm guessing I will sit on the sidelines because I'm trying to work a deal for another killebrew barrel and knob. But I never know until I see the card. Plus I'm trying to go after the prime cuts Nellie fox jumbo that is up

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I can be bribed not ro bid too ;) I'm guessing I will sit on the sidelines because I'm trying to work a deal for another killebrew barrel and knob. But I never know until I see the card. Plus I'm trying to go after the prime cuts Nellie fox jumbo that is up

e2b23f61-5a7b-4ef4-933f-65dba1024d7d_zpscbf326e8.jpg

That's my prime cuts Nellie, but the Jumbo is really, really nice he's got up right now. Hope you land it

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
You definitely don't have to worry about me on that one :p, I've actually got my eye on a recent bat knob that came up I think I'll be picking up either that or the Gehrig patch I just really don't want to overspend on a Gehrig patch that would truthfully be a placeholder. If the guy is a big time Yankee collector, maybe he'll have a nice Ruth as well but I guess you would have known by now if he did. I'm looking forward to seeing what he has at the very least.

Bat knob or gehrig patch....hmmmmm the decisions us baseball card collectors have to make ;)

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
A few more...they are a bit random, but still some nice stuff! Really like the enos slaughter and ken Boyer cardinals stuff along with athletics catfish hunter. A nice billy Williams Cubs logo patch also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 18

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet ! I was going to go after that , then another member said they were too so I didn't bid. And although he didn't either , I'm glad you did. Would of been bummed if i didn't and no one else on here did either. I think you did well on that one!

Ryan
Thank you, Even though I don't mind cut outs , I'm not too keen on cut outs that block out too much of the patch. I though the Williams was perfect as you can still see most of the stitching behind the cut out. Plus I'm a sucker for stitching cards, I wish national treasures would have don't the nameplate stitching cards on one whole card instead of a book as Imo would have been much much better and I would have went after them.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

ha ha, I have a feeling you will want to go after it, it's not anything we have not seen or owned but the patch in the card is very well placed which has super good eye appeal plus a lot of people love the 2003 timeless treasures hof numbers set so it will have many eyes on it, lol.

prime cuts Nellie fox?

Members online

Latest posts