Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where are all of the prospectors? Where is all the buying trading selling action people!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Where are all the prospectors? Matt LaPorta and Stephen Strasburg killed them all in a brutal mugging. Waiting for the next crop of gamblers, I mean prospectors, to take their spot with cant-miss strategies to beat the house.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Respect that! Didn't you have some crazy high number of posts over there?

Welcome to FCB; I don't spend much time at BO (am not a member but will read from time to time). All I can say is the overall vibe here is VERY different than it is there, but I'm sure you know that already.

lol, I had the highest post count in BO history at the time, just short of 60k posts.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Where are all the prospectors? Matt LaPorta and Stephen Strasburg killed them all in a brutal mugging. Waiting for the next crop of gamblers, I mean prospectors, to take their spot with cant-miss strategies to beat the house.

Well, this board doesn't really have many prospectors so they tend not to post here very much. that's fine by me since for the most part I don't really talk very much about how I do. Although when I post nice purchases most of the time its thanks to some young guy no one will remember in 5 years...

:D

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have never "prospected" so can't speak on the practice at all, though it is clearly a huge section of the hobby, one that keeps money moving around (for better or for worse). I think the argument that it is what is "keeping the hobby alive" only gains traction from the angle that the products that prospectors love may be the only thing keeping Topps alive as a baseball card manufacturer. Lots of profit in those Bowman (and various offshoot) cases for Topps.

I'll keep my HOF autos

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
FCB...the original prospector.

beckham-auto-fcb.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm a personal assistant for my father at a St. Jude facility and I may be the least effective laziest personal assistant in the world. If I didn't work for my father there is no way I'd still have a job there. But I spend a lot of time at a computer desk or on my phone, allowing me plenty of time to waste.

My vote for most honest post ever...

Ryan

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Actually prospecting is the only thing keeping this "hobby" alive zed. Good try tho

Glad I sold my "Bowman stasher" Superfractor before this post was made!

I hear you. ..I'm just speaking about those who do nothing but invest 10k in the next todd van poppel.

BTW my Todd Van Poppel collection is now on sale for $9,950 (plus $35 shipping), $5 discount if you mention FCB. http://www.dilfer.com/collection/baseballc/toddvanpoppel/

Nothing wrong with prospecting. Call it investing, flipping, playing the stock market...just don't call it what it ain't.

Bowman stasher

Feb 1, 2016
75 percent of this hobby is based on people trying to make money. Look at card shows, most of it is prospects.

Bowman stasher

Feb 1, 2016
Glad I sold my "Bowman stasher" Superfractor before this post was made!

BTW my Todd Van Poppel collection is now on sale for $9,950 (plus $35 shipping), $5 discount if you mention FCB. http://www.dilfer.com/collection/baseballc/toddvanpoppel/

Nothing wrong with prospecting. Call it investing, flipping, playing the stock market...just don't call it what it ain't.

Don't tell me what to call something I like to do. U go collect your vintage, I go prospect.

Bowman stasher

Feb 1, 2016
I've been to half a dozen Nationals over the years; most dealers in each of them featured vintage.

I used to go to a big card show for years. Stopped going after getting tired of seeing the same vintage that they couldn't sell for years

Members online

Latest posts