Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A LARGE VINTAGE WAX PURCHASE FROM BBCE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Guys, I openend and sorted the 1984 Rak Box. There was zero star power, so sorry bout that. I also understand that there was no audio which really sux. It did kick in eventually. Raw onion was there for it. Also, I accidentally was reading off the 1985 Rak order for the 1984s (call it nerves or somethin). I then went back and switched out the correct person's name for each 84 pack as it should have been, so all's well that ends well.

You can still watch the recordings though and see that I did what I said I would do, all on camera.

I will do the 1985 Rak later on tonight. Also distribute the packs from the other boxes and go through the packs from Leaf cert for afrobandit.

Last edited:

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Thanks for all the incredibly hard work Bill, looks good and most likely mine's Johnny Bench because according to Baseball Almanac there are no other Johns much less Johnnys on the '78 team. Sweet!

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I want to watch so bad but my connection out here is terrible. I've noticed with the iPhone that it will do things slower if the battery is under 50%. I've got it charging though...hopefully I can watch shortly.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Awesome! That was supposed to be mine!!! LOL :)
[MENTION=4150]afrobandit[/MENTION] - I busted your two packs as requested and they were 10 base cards with two white decoys. Sorry man!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Also, [MENTION=5592]jszczech[/MENTION] got one with Eric Davis, but it's on the back :(

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Awesome! Glad to see I'm off to a good start! Does anyone ever save them in their pack instead of opening them? Not saying that's what I'm going to do...just curious! Thanks again Bill! Can't wait for the package to arrive.

Good question... I was thinking about keeping them in the pack or opening and part of me is just thinking to rip them and see what else you get... I guess it's a different game when you have a player in the window like yours.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Some player collectors collect unopened packs. I would have kept it sealed if I got one with a Puckett on top/bottom but anyone else I would have opened.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Awesome! Glad to see I'm off to a good start! Does anyone ever save them in their pack instead of opening them? Not saying that's what I'm going to do...just curious! Thanks again Bill! Can't wait for the package to arrive.

Depends, if your trying to make some $ back, keep it sealed and list. If that's not a goal and your not a Clemens fan, open.
Ryan

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I packed everything up except for just a couple people as I am out of packing tape. Will get some in AM.

I have one pack Leaf Cert and 4 packs of 85 Donruss still left, so I clearly missed something. Just let me know who is missing them when the packages arrive and I will ship them right out to you. Sorry about that. Now to bust a couple of my items in the box break section!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Opened my packs today and I got creamed. I got a ton of doubles, which could mean good things if there are some key RCs in some of these. I got two cal ripkens in 82 Donruss...unfortunately they were both SR. Got a couple early year star players, but nothing to speak of. No refractors or notable RCs in 1995 Bowman's best and I did get a game used in my 2001 Leaf Certified... Of Carlos Lee UGH!!!

Anyway, just wanted to share that I took the trash out! Almost all packages were shipped this AM. A few more will go out tomorrow and that will do it. Can't wait to hear how everyone else does and then we will work on a 2nd group buy!

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Opened my packs today and I got creamed. I got a ton of doubles, which could mean good things if there are some key RCs in some of these. I got two cal ripkens in 82 Donruss...unfortunately they were both SR. Got a couple early year star players, but nothing to speak of. No refractors or notable RCs in 1995 Bowman's best and I did get a game used in my 2001 Leaf Certified... Of Carlos Lee UGH!!!

Anyway, just wanted to share that I took the trash out! Almost all packages were shipped this AM. A few more will go out tomorrow and that will do it. Can't wait to hear how everyone else does and then we will work on a 2nd group buy!
Haha, Cal Sr. got ya. Sorry bud. Hopefully you'll do better on the next buy. Meanwhile, hoping I crush some '83 Topps and '85 Donruss. I mean, obviously it'd be great to get some nice hits in the big ones (Leaf Cert, 95 Best), but I just love the older stuff where the fun isn't based on box or case "hits".

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Anyone feeling crazy enough to go after the box of 1972 Topps Series 5/6 for $6,900?

There are 24 packs per box with 10 cards per pack. Works out to $28.75 per card. Could do something like $145.00 for a 5 card lot, 2 people per pack, 48 slots. Or we can just stick to the lower priced stuff.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Anyone feeling crazy enough to go after the box of 1972 Topps Series 5/6 for $6,900?

There are 24 packs per box with 10 cards per pack. Works out to $28.75 per card. Could do something like $145.00 for a 5 card lot, 2 people per pack, 48 slots. Or we can just stick to the lower priced stuff.

Before I google, can you explain the hits or why so expensive. I'm always up for a gamble ;)

Members online