Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm so excited about this Cardinals offseason!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

YAY!

Another offseason of just sitting on their asses not doing a damn thing and the only players they have picked up are a few guys nobody really gives two ***** about!!

I am so excited!! Great stuff Moz and DimWitt!

[/sarcasm]

This ****'s getting old offseason after offseason. Seriously. Make some damn moves already.

What was our last big pick up? Tino Martinez? (And Juan Enc doesn't count) And that was 2003. We're just sitting pat on our little Puujy Plan. Milk that cow for all it's worth while you can right DimWitt?

G

ThoseBackPages said:
Management has until 2016 to actually give a damn about wining again, you know this.

Well we DID go from 1982 to 2006 without winning a World Series, so you may be onto something.

DimWitt needs to just sell the damn team to someone who's not only worried about padding his bank account because that's all it seems like he's been worried about these last few years.

We have had almost the same formula for the last 4 years or so in the offseason.

Cardinals Offseason Formula, per Bill DeWitt III.

1. Offseason starts.
2. Fans are excited as to what the Winter may hold for the ballclub.
3. One or two lower level players are signed.
4. We are 'in talks' with some of the higher named free agents on the market.
5. Talks never lead anywhere because they 'overpriced themselves.'
6. Offseason is coming to an end and we pick up a Sidney Ponson-esque player or two from the Salvation Army section on the Free Agent store.
7. We invite a few over the hill former stuperstars to Spring Training so we can get a few 'names' in press releases to look cool.
8. Spring Training starts We have several pitching injuries and regret not picking up the pitchers we should have on the FA Market to begin with. Those afformentioned 'names' tank in Spring Training ala Bret Boone and Juan Gonzalez.
9. Season starts and the Cardinals do just enough on the field to appear competitive, thus keeping the fans coming to Busch Stadium and making the ownership group more money.
10. Repeat when season ends. Hey, why screw with a 'successful' formula even when the Cubs, Brewers and Astros are getting better all around you right Bill DeWitt III???

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
[MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION]
I mistakenly clicked on the "thread starter" link and saw this thread......I don't know if I am in 2009 or 2016

Members online

Latest posts