Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You might have a 1/1, but do you have a 1/1/1/1 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Yeah, 1/1's are rare. They are great and what many collectors dream about. I always drool over them for sure. As I am sitting at about 143 of them right now, I have to say that I don't do a double take nearly as much as I used to when I didn't have any.

When someone (sadly, I can't recall the user) told me of an Archives buyback 1/1 that was posted on a forum months ago, I was excited. I reached out to the user HillbillyCletus and we exchanged texts. There was something different about this 1/1 though, which he shared with me. (I'll show it in the pic at the bottom.)

When he declined my offer, I was bummed, but didn't blame him at all. Months later, I decided to reach out to him again and he said he would part with it. :)

Well, friends - here it is. The 1/1/1/1 - also known as the DOUBLE ONE OF ONE!

20170125_150033.jpg

It doesn't show up in pics too well, and didn't through text either, so I was wondering if the 1/1 stamp was just imprinted on the right side. NOPE - it too, is gold. You can see it much better in person.

I *love* stuff like this that is unusual - it is a HUGE plus that it is a gorgeous signed 1/1.... I mean 1/1/1/1 :) I think I'm now at 97 or so unique 2015-2016 Topps Archives Signature Series Canseco cards. 3 more 'til I hit 100!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
So basically, Topps had a 1/1 Canseco sitting on the shelf, put it in their Archives release as another 1/1?

Fordman

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I assume it was double stamped by mistake. If that was a 1/1 originally, then it would have been some sort of other buyback set and would/should have been stamped as such as well. The 95 Topps cards didn't have any 1/1 cards originally.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Yeah, what [MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] said - I would assume the stamper hit the silver portion, got sidetracked and didn't see the stamping already, so hit the blue and sent it on its way. Unless the light hits it just right, it is easy to not notice. I'm glad it got through! I love stuff like this - last year they did a stamped buyback of a Biggio Donruss card. Greatness!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Yeah, what [MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] said - I would assume the stamper hit the silver portion, got sidetracked and didn't see the stamping already, so hit the blue and sent it on its way. Unless the light hits it just right, it is easy to not notice. I'm glad it got through! I love stuff like this - last year they did a stamped buyback of a Biggio Donruss card. Greatness!

I saw that Hit List Donruss card. I was surprised it did not sell for a premium. I thought for sure Topps would try to get it back.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I wish I had a job at a card manufacturer. I'd sign some cards, stamp them 1/1, and put them in the stack. People would be searching far and wide for "Smapdi 1/1s" as the hottest unannounced parallels since the ones people threw away in their A&G boxlids.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I wish I had a job at a card manufacturer. I'd sign some cards, stamp them 1/1, and put them in the stack. People would be searching far and wide for "Smapdi 1/1s" as the hottest unannounced parallels since the ones people threw away in their A&G boxlids.

I'd go searching for them!