Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia

By my count it was Joe by 2 votes (assuming everyone votes for themselves). Even if you voted for the Boss, it is still Joe by 1.

I will double check to make sure...

Edit - I mixed up whose card was whose - I see that it was not your Joe D card...

Joe D took it by a hair.

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK, here we go with the next bracket...

attachment.php

For the record, when I did the random, this was my reaction when I saw what my card was up against...

attachment.php

Well, let the slaughter begin...

We have The Impractical Jokers (those are on-card, not stickers)

attachment.php

Up against this beast...

attachment.php

Yeah...I wish this was a joke.

Anyway, FWIW, here is the story behind my card. As some of you know, one of the Jokers is my brother in law. A member on here made this card for me a few years ago. We made 4 of these...one for each of my sons, one for Murr and one for my father in law. At the time, the guys were really excited about this card as they had never been on a card like this before (3 years before they were all on Ginter).

Anyway, if we need it, voting will be open until 11PM on 11-Aug.

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg
    Bracket - New.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Oh my God.jpg
    Oh my God.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 75
  • MisterT - Custom - Sized.jpg
    MisterT - Custom - Sized.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 16christensen16 - Custom - sized.jpg
    16christensen16 - Custom - sized.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 74

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
The impractical jokers card is cool, on card, and has a great story to go with it... but, yeah, that Mantle is gorgeous. Going with the Mantle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
LOL [MENTION=5961]MisterT[/MENTION] You are definitely not one to self-promote! I think your card is cool - Actually, I just saw a clip on facebook yesterday about one of them losing a bet and having to go on stage with some womens lib folks and having to disagree with everything they said. It gave me a pretty good laugh!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
LOL @MisterT You are definitely not one to self-promote! I think your card is cool - Actually, I just saw a clip on facebook yesterday about one of them losing a bet and having to go on stage with some womens lib folks and having to disagree with everything they said. It gave me a pretty good laugh!

I'm giving a sympathy vote to Impractical Jokers just so he isn't shutout.

Thanks guys. It is really amazing to all of us how well their show continues to do. They really are just 4 high school buddies that liked to make each other laugh.

I knew the card would not be in the running long no matter who I was up against. But, man, when I did the random all I could do was shake my head and laugh. That Mantle is dang near perfect. Certainly the deserving centerpiece of anyone's collection.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
OK, here we go with the next bracket...

For the record, when I did the random, this was my reaction when I saw what my card was up against...

attachment.php

I don't get the reservation about this matchup. You have:
A beautiful card of an all-time great
vs
A very well-done card with personal connections

To me, custom cards aren't at all about the greatness of the card's subject. I like the idea of something unique / personal; that the custom card represents something you can't find elsewhere. I like hand-signed cards more than I like cutting up other memorabilia to fit into a card.

Don't get me wrong, the Mantle is great; but can't you find Mantle items like that elsewhere (albeit for quite a large chunk of change, if they aren't tucked away in someone else's vault)?

I'll vote for the Jokers.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
My reason for making the mantle was simple. I wanted to design the best game used auto card ever. Mantle and baseball cards just go together. I have alot of great cards in my collection, however very few actually take my breath away. This mantle simply takes my breath away. For a gane used guy like myself it's simply perfect. I'm just not sure how I could find a better looking game used card.

Just so everyone knows the patch material is taken from a in the game card. The ball I bought was a early 1980's mantle auto that I cut the sweet spot from.

I know I'm bias because it's my card, but there isn't another patch card from my collection that I would rather look at. I just love it.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
My reason for making the mantle was simple. I wanted to design the best game used auto card ever. Mantle and baseball cards just go together. I have alot of great cards in my collection, however very few actually take my breath away. This mantle simply takes my breath away. For a gane used guy like myself it's simply perfect. I'm just not sure how I could find a better looking game used card.

Just so everyone knows the patch material is taken from a in the game card. The ball I bought was a early 1980's mantle auto that I cut the sweet spot from.

I know I'm bias because it's my card, but there isn't another patch card from my collection that I would rather look at. I just love it.

I was fully expecting the Cuddy to be your entry.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I love the Mantle but I'm going with Impractical Jokers. I have loved that show for years and have easily seen each episode at least 5 times. Still funny everytime I watch it.

mouschi

May 18, 2012

Im glad you entered this card! The write up is great too.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
FCB Custom Cards Tournament - Bracket 4 Round 1 open until 8/11 at 11PM ET

Similar to the Boss card, for some reason I want the sigs on the left panel in a booklet. Not sure why. And while I absolutely LOVE the Jokers booklet, I mean......it's hard to ignore the "who" when you're talking about Mantle. Is that piece genuinely game used from another card? Could make a difference in my vote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Similar to the Boss card, for some reason I want the sigs on the left panel in a booklet. Not sure why. And while I absolutely LOVE the Jokers booklet, I mean......it's hard to ignore the "who" when you're talking about Mantle. Is that piece genuinely game used from another card? Could make a difference in my vote

Yes it is genuinely game used from another card.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa

Yes it is certified game used from in the game.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
This new phone / new app has kept me away from here and there have been a few nice customs on here, well done! I live the Jokers show and the card, but the Mantle is great. I'd reconfigure some of the writing placements, but it's close to being visually perfect. MM for me.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app