Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS Virtual Garage Sale REAL MLB Dugout Line Up cards and autos added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I used to own a card shop and when I closed it down 9 years ago I just packed everything in boxes and didnt want to even look at it. My wife is now on my butt to start getting rid of some of this stuff so I was going to have a garage sale but decided to have the garage sale here 1st. Some of it is free as long as you pay reasonable shipping and some of it is cheap. If you dont like my price please feel free to make me an offer. I am just trying to earn a few bucks to sink it back into this hobby of ours.

As many might know I had worked for the Chicago Cubs for seven years during the 80's. I had access to areas of Wrigley Field that most fans will never see. I worked as game day security during my first three years with the team and then as a full time, year round employee in the Stadium Operations department for the remainder of my time with the team. The following items were given to me or recovered directly from the dugout walls as these lineup cards were normally tossed in the trash at the end of the game. These are all from games at Wrigley field on the dates noted and were used in the teams dugout that is designated. Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding these items.

The line up cards are TRUE ONE OF ONE'S and no other lineup cards will exist for these games. These are pieces of history. These would all look incredible framed with a team picture or various autographed cards surrounding it. These line up cards are all printed on Heavy card board-like paper and the coaches or managers would fill them out with that days line up.

The first item on the list is a line up card from the August 24, 1986 game between the Cubs and the Cincinnati Reds at Wrigley Field. While an August game at Wrigley is hardly ever important but once you realize a few things about this game, the thoughts just make your mind wonder. Lets forget that this game was just a few weeks before Pete Rose would come back to Wrigley and tie the hit record that was held by baseball great, Ty Cobb. Lets forget that Peter Rose was also the manager of the Reds at this time and probably made out this lineup card himself. I want to direct your attention to the hitter batting in the sixth spot for the Reds........The best part is that this lineup card represents only the 16th major league game of the Hall of Fame's most recent inductee, Barry Larkin. This is your chance to own what could be the earliest game used item from Barry Larkin's career.

This lineup card was filled out in blue sharpie by possibly Pete Rose or one of the coaches on that warm August day. There is a flaw in this card in that it was torn in half BUT it was pieced back together nicely with clear tape. This tear and repair does not take away from the overall look of this historic item and would mat nicely with Reds memorabilia or by itself. I am looking for 45.00 on this item Delivered.

reds1.jpg

reds2.jpg

Second on the list is another pair of lineup cards from the game on May 7, 1986 between the Dodgers and the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. Once again, these are one of a kind items and to have both lineup cards from each dugout is unheard of. These would look great framed and would be the centerpiece of any Cubs or Dodgers collection. I am looking for 50.00 obo on this lot.

100_1710.jpg

100_1709.jpg

The next line up card is from the Los Angeles Dodgers visit to Wrigley on May 6, 1986. This card saw the Tommy LaSorda led Dodgers lose to the Cubs 7-6 on a day where the wind appears to have been blowing out of the old ball yard as seven home runs were hit by the teams. I am looking to get 20.00 delivered for this card

dodgers0506861.jpg

dodgers0506862.jpg

The next line up card is from the Los Angeles Dodgers visit to Wrigley on April 30 1983. This card saw the Tommy LaSorda led Dodgers lose to the Cubs 7-2 with the Cub's Chuck Rainey holding the Dodgers to just four hits. I am looking to get 20.00 delivered for this card

dodgers043083.jpg

The next line up card is a Atlanta Braves line up that is printed on blue paper stock and was for June 1, 1986 in Wrigley Field which saw the Braves beat the Cubs 7-3 with a home run being hit by Bob Horner. This nice looking line up card would be a great addition to your collection. I am asking 20.00 delivered for this item.

braves0601861.jpg

braves0601862.jpg

braves0601863.jpg

The next item on the list is something that I have liked for years and have decided to sell it. This is a sign that Hung in Wrigley Field on the clubhouse door and near the dugouts where only the players could see it. This sign pretty much explains itself and it was there to remind the players and team staff that no visitors would be allowed in the clubhouse or dugout area. This rule was put into place after the Pittsburgh Pirates drug debacle in the 70's in which players had agents and "friends" come and go in these areas at will and the leagues sought to stem the tide of these drugs flowing into these sensitive areas by locking down the bench and clubhouse areas.

This sign measures about 12 X 8 and has weathered a bit due to being exposed to a seasons worth of baseball. There are no creases or rips and it would display exceptionally when matted and framed. As mentioned, I am not anxious to get rid of this but I have sold 2 others on Ebay in the last two years and got at or near 70 dollars each for them. This is my last one and I would let this one go for 60 bucks delivered. I have tried to get a few more from the friends I have at the Ole' ballpark but they cannot get their hands on them.

wrigleysign.jpg

The next item is a two ticket student athlete pass that was provided to local athletes to come see the Cubs games. This item is from 1980 and, even then the Cubs were so bad they had to give tickets away for people to come see them. I remember sitting at many games in the 70's nd early 80's where the whole upper deck would be closed off and no one allowed to sit up there as they wanted to keep everyone on the main level. These tickets are still attached and have no creases or rips or tears and I am sure there are not many of these floating out there at this time. I would like to get 7 bucks delivered on this lot.

cubstx1.jpg

cubstx2.jpg

The next item brings back memories of the South Side Hit Men and the exciting summer of 1977 where the Chicago White Sox, Owned by the famous Boll Veeck, shocked everyone including themselves by competing in the pennant race. Nobody expected this team that was thrown together but Veeck to compete for anything but last place but yet, there there were at the top of the division for much of the summer. This item is a testament to the White Sox summer because the did so well they were allowed to print World Series tickets for post season play. Sadly, the Sox would fail to make the post season but these phantom World Series tickets live on. This item is one full ticket that is in mint condition. It has not been torn or detached in any way and would make an excellent piece to frame with a team photo of the improbable team of 1977. I am looking for 5 bucks delivered on this single ticket.

soxtix.jpg

The next item is a 4 sheet set of cards from the Chicago Cubs. This set was produced for the team's publication, Vine Line and was given to new subscribers in 1990. This set has 4 sheets of 9 cards each and features hall of famers, Sandberg, Andre Dawson and Fergie Jenkins as well as future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux. This iset is still in unperforated form and is still sealed in the original envelope it came in. These are rare cards as they were only team issued and would be a nice addition to your collection. I am looking for 10 bucks delivered on this complete set, still in it's original envelope.

vineline.jpg

The next item is not baseball related but it is sports related none the less. This item is a full, unused ticket to the 1987 Arlington Million horse race held at Arlington Park in Arlington Heights , Illinois. The Arlington Million was ( and still is) one of the premier horse races in the country at that time and this race was no exception. Arlington Park had burned to the grown two years before this race and the fact that this race was run was a feat all it's own. This is a full, unused ticket that would have given the bearer entrance to the club dining area and all parts of the club boxes. There are very few Million tickets floating around out there and this unused ticket is one of the best. I am asking 5 bucks delivered.

Time to break out some of the obscure "stuff"I was given when I worked for the Cubs. Many of these items would be ideal for player collectors or even Cub's collectors who love obscure stuff.

This next lot is about as obscure as the come. I found these items in the old Cub's clubhouse that is located down the left field line which is now the Grounds Crew room. There was a box of "stuff" that was in the far back storage area that hadnt been touched in decades. While most of the stuff in the box was indeed garbage, I was able to find a few of the items that are pictred here. The 1st item is a 1960's era ticket envelope that features the "friendly" cub as a logo and advertisements for United Airlines. Think about it, you go to the game and toss your ticket envelope and never think it might be cool to keep it. I can almost guaranty you there are very few, like less than 10 of these left out there. ( I sold 4 previously so there might only be 4). I have been going to hundreds of card shows over the years and saw allot of Cubs stuff but I have never seen this before. I have included in this lot a Cubs sticker but it is not just any Cub sticker. This sticker was used for players luggage and other boxes of their stuff that were shipped on the team truck. Used mainly for spring training, the clubhouse manager would write the players number on the bottom white portion of the sticker and place it on the box of players items that were headed to spring training. These were used to easily identify players belongings and allow for quick distribution to their lockers. This sticker is a satin like sticker tha is similar to the silk stickers Topps produced in the 70's for baseball cards. This is a very unusual lot and I am looking for 10 bucks delivered on it.

cubsstuff.jpg

The next item is my own personal copy of the 1985 and 1987 Chicago Cubs Gift guide with the 1987 guide featuring Shawon Dunston and Ryne Sandberg (with his **** stache) on the cover. This guide has no rips or tears and has been stored flat since I received it. This guide is a 20 pages of glossy Cub's "stuff"with many of those depicted modeling the gifts being friends I had when I worked for the team. Heck, one of the models went on to be the current Business VP of the Chicago Black Hawks. He is bald now but his picture shows him with a full head of hair in this magazine. And yes, I am sending him a scan and reminding him that he wasn't always bald. I am looking for 5 bucks delivered on this lot.

giftguide.jpg

giftguide2.jpg

The next item might be as obscure as one can get. This is a give away item sometime in the 80's to the 1st 10K kids that came into the ballpark. This is a Cubs reflector that would fit in the lower part of a bicycle and would stick out at a 90 degree angle from the child's bike in order to be better seen by motorists and can be folded back for easy storage against the bike. The end of the "paddle" features the Michelin Man logo that is the reflective part and features the Chicago Cubs logo in white. These items are still in their original packaging and I am looking for 8 dollars on this rare Cubs item and I have two of these.

100_1423.jpg

100_1424.jpg

The next item is a Cubs LED lucite clock that features the Cubs and an Old Style logo on the front. This item is still in its original plastic bag but the clock does not work anymore due to the fact it is nearly 25 years old. This item has never been out of it's original bag except to take the picture and with the addition of a new battery it could be brought back to life. I am asking 6 bucks on this one.

100_1416.jpg

The next lot is a 4 photo lot of 8 x 10 black and white Chicago Cubs publicity photos of some of the teams greats. Included in this lot are Hall of Famers Johnny Evers, Leo Durocher Hack Wilson and Gabby Hartnet, Each of these photos were produced by the media relations department as publicity shots and are printed on glossy photo paper. this lot is sold
leo.jpg

evers.jpg

The next lot is similar to the above lot as they are 8 x 10 black and white publicity photos but these are of more modern players (mid 80's). These 19 photos are all in excellent condition and have no creases or rips. I am asking 18 bucks on this lot delivered. Included in this lot are
Ron Cey
Jody Davis
Frank Castillo (autographed)
Davy Lopes
Ron Meridith
Scott Sanderson
John Vukovich
Gary Matthews (autographed)
Chris Speier
Leon Durham
Ruben Amaro
Ray Fontenot (Actually is a Yankees publicity photo)
Rick Sutcliffe
Johnny Oates
Keith Moreland
Bob Dernier
Dennis Eckersley
Jim Frey (autographed)
Don Zimmer

sutc.jpg

zim.jpg

davis.jpg

The next lot is similar to the above lot but these are small publicity photos that were intended to be used for fan mail responses. These non-autographed glossy photos are slightly larger than a index card but are very nice team issued pictures. There are 8 photos in this lot which include Davy Lopes, Rick Sutcliffe, Jody Davis, Ron Cey, Ruben Amaro Sr, John Vukovich, Gary Woods and George Frazier. All of these would be excellent for through the mail autographs (with the exception of Vuk who sadly passed away years ago.) I am looking for 6 bucks delivered on this lot.

cubssmall.jpg

The next item is a very very nice Chicago Cubs old timers day program from June 14, 1980. This program was sold to commemorate the old timers game that featured a rematch of the 1945 World Series between the Cubs and Tigers. The Cubs generally didn't put much effort into their old timers programs but this one is a quality effort with excellent old time sepia photos and good paper stock. This 12 page program is not seen very often and I am asking 10 bucks delivered on it.

oldtimers.jpg

oldtimers2.jpg

The next item is a Chicago Cubs commemorative program for the 1st night game played at Wrigley in 1988. THIS IS NOT A 1ST NIGHT GAME PROGRAM but rather a commemorative 4 page scorecard-like program the has pictures on the inside from that historic night. This was issued in 1998 if memory serves me right and is one of those Cubs items where not many were made. I am looking for 5 bucks delivered on this item.

nightgame.jpg

openingnight2.jpg

The next item on the list is a certificate and game used ticket for the first game in which the Cincinnati Reds great Pete Rose managed his first game. This certificate has no creases or rips and has been stored flat in a magazine bag and board since it was received. Stapled to this item is a actual game used ticket from this game. I am looking for 8 bucks delivered on this item.

rose.jpg

The next item is a Rick Rush 10 x 13 Lithograph entitled "Above the Crowd" which features Michael Jordan going to the hoop over the Bulls arch rivals, the Detroit Pistons. This litho has been in it's own portfolio and sleeve since I received them and are serial numbered 2711/5000. (I actually have 2 of these). The following is taken directly from the Rick Rush web site:

"The Fine Art Poster Vignette is a Limited Edition of lithograph prints on acid-free heavy card stock. All Vignettes are numbered. As with all of the artwork we sell, each print is thoroughly inspected by our staff to ensure that you are getting the absolute best representation of Rick's original painting."

The Rick Rush website is still selling these nice lithographs for 30 bucks but I would let them go for half of that ......15 bucks delivered!!!
above.jpg

The next item is a official Cardinals scorecard that was sold in 1998..in the midst of the McGuire/Sosa home run chase. This score card is unscored and comes with a souvenir scorecard that was given away to ticket holders outside the ball park AND has complete media notes for the game as well. There are no folds, rips or tears on this item and I am looking for 6 bucks delivered.

cardinals.jpg

The next item can be a companion pie to the once just above as it is a scorecard/magazine from the 1998 season with the Milwaukee Brewers that was issued for a mid summer series between the Cubs and Brewers. This unscored magazine features pictures of the two men who captivated the nation in 1998 with their assault on the single season home run record held by the man also pictured on the cover, Roger Maris. This is a 128+ page magazine and I am asking for 7 bucks delivered on this magazine.

brewers.jpg

The next item is a LARGE Michael Jordan card that was issued by Upper Deck in 1992/93. This card measures larger that 8 x 10 and has been serial numbered on the back. It came in a very large Lucite screw down and will be shipped in this holder. Because of the size and weight, shipping will be higher than normal and I am asking for 10 bucks deliveered on this item.

jordanlarge.jpg

The next item is a Minnesota Twins Homer Hanky from the 1991 World Series. I received this from a cousin who was at the games at the Homer Dome back in 1991 and it has been folded and stored in a magazine bag and board ever since it was sent to me. This hankee is bright white with the contrasting red printing on it. This item looks like it was just produced today as it is bright white with all the red printing. I couldnt fit the whole thing on my scanner and my camera is shot right now but I think you get the idea. This is full handkerchief size and would look great autographed and framed. I am looking for 8 bucks delivered on this item.

twinshankee.jpg

The next item is a 5 x 7 glossy photo of Braves great Dale Murphy. This photo is autographed on the front in black sharpie and is personalized to Rick!! I am sure the personalization can easily be removed. I obtained this photo from one of the visiting clubhouse kids who got it for me when I asked him if he would get me a Murphy auto and he either thought my name was Rick or just saw this laying around! LOL I am looking for 7 dollars on this item.

murphyauto.jpg

The next item is a a lot of five all star ballots from years past. Represented in this lot is a unused Major League Baseball all star ballot for the years of 1976, 1977, 1984, 1990 and 1993. Why I saved these from my childhood I have no idea but they are cool. All of these ballots are unused and crease and tear free. I am looking for 5 bucks delivered on this lot.

allstar.jpg

Next up is a 8 x 10 glossy photo of the Chicago White Sox 1983 Rookie of the Year Ron Kittle. I obtained this autograph back in the mid 80's at a small card show in suburban Chicago and have had it ever since. I am looking for 7 bucks delivered on this one

kittle.jpg

Next is another 8 x 10 that I obtained while I worked for the team. This is an color satin finish photo of Cubs and Sox star and Baltimore oriole Cy Young award winner Steve Stone. This photo depicts a young Stoney with his **** 'stache that would be perfect for autographing. I have wanted to send this to him many times and never did. Now it is your chance. A note about Stoney, he was a bit of a ladies man and knew it. While many thought that he really wasnt that way at all, I never saw him not in the company of a beautiful woman. I wonder if the **** stache helped him in this department or was it just the fact he was a medicore baseball player when this picture was taken? The world may never know. I am looking for 8 dollars delivered.

stone.jpg

The next item has the same story as the Steve Stone picture. This features slugger Dave Kingman and can be used to get autographed as well. A funny story that I always heard while working at the ballpark. Very few people know that down in the tunnel where the players go to the clubhouse there is a small bathroom at the bottom of the steps just to the right of the bottom step. It is a grungy place as I think the only cleaning it gets is a blast from the fire hose the grounds crew uses to clean the dugout. Getting back tot he story, legend has it that Kingman's arm was so bad that he tried to throw someone out at the plate in a game at Wrigley but the ball headed straight into the dugout, bounced around the tunnel and eventually ended in right in the toilet, which is an amazing feet in itself. Kingman will never live down the fact that one of his throws really was sh**ty and forever lives in Cubs lore. I am looking for 8 bucks delivered on this one.

kingman.jpg

The next item is a 8 x 10 satin finish picture of a young Hall of Famer Bruce Sutter in his Cubs uniform. This is a real nice photo and would look great autographed and framed on your wall. Looking for 8 bucks delivered.

sutter.jpg

The last picture I have has the same stories as the Stone and Kingman as to where I obtained these. This picture features a young Bill Madlock taken right after he won the MVP in the 1975 All Star Game. This is a great photo and would also look exceptional autographed. I would suspect that after all Bill's "troubles" he had in the last decade, one of us here on the CU boards might actually own the award he is holding in his hand. Once again, I am looking for 8 bucks delivered on this item.

madlock8x10.jpg

The next item is a 1954 Chicago Cubs yearbook that is fully intact and has no rips, tears or folds in it. this 40 page yearbook has a blank back cover and the front cover does appear to have a bit of damage where it looks like it was touched by a small bit of tape but otherwise this book is in incredible condition. The true story of this book is not that it is a Cubs yearbook but that it is the rookie year of one Earnest Banks and marks his 1st appearance in Cubs yearbooks. The picture inside of mr Banks appears to be pretty close if not the exact same photo that was used on his Topps rookie card. There are great photos of Wrigley Field within this year book as well as bio's of all the Cubs players and coaches bit nothing beats the 1st appearance of Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks. This would make a great item form an autograph opportunity. I am looking for 40.00 delivered on this item.

100_1702.jpg

100_1703.jpg

100_1704.jpg

The following are autographs that I have obtained in person over a number of years of collecting autographs. No stories to go with these, just nice autographs. I have Consolidated many of these autographs into one lot and I am looking for 15 bucks on the lot. (Watson, Sutcliffe, Frey, Virdon,Friend, Adkins, Bumbry not pictured, Worthington and Ozark)

Bob Watson on Yankees "card" that measures about 3 x5 . This would look great on a custom card as it will fit nicely in a custom made window.
watson.jpg

virdon.jpg

ozark.jpg

Next is a Rick Sutcliffe Cubs team issued postcard. Sutcliffe would send these out to his fans who requested an autograph. I have a few of these if needed. Side note......I know i said no stories but.. my sister was handicapped and confined to a wheelchair but she volunteered to help answer Sutcliffes fan mail for him. She answered his fan mail by stuffing these autographs into envelopes for 4 seasons. This is where these autos come from.
sut.jpg

Jim Frey Team issued Lion photo card. .
frey.jpg

Next is a Milt Pappas blue ball point autograph.
pappas.jpg

The next item is an odd shaped photo of Pirates legend Bob Friend. This card/photo measures about 4 x 6 and is signed in blue sharpie on the front. I am looking for 5.00 delivered on this item.
friend.jpg

Doug Atkins signed card
dougatkinspostcard.jpg

Next is a 3 x 5 size glossy photo of Yankee great Frank Crosetti. I am looking for 10 bucks on this lot.
cro.jpg

Next is a vintage Brooks Robinson team issued card from the early 1960's. This card features a early Robinson ball point autograph that can be used as a cut or the picture can be trimmed to remove the tape marks. I am looking for 20 bucks on this vintage autograph from the Oriole great,
brooks.jpg

The next on the list is five rather LARGE cards that were made by Topps in 2001 to promote their base product line. These cards are very large and are very glossy. I have thought about getting these autographed over the years (especially the Aaon rookie and the Ryan) but, like everything else, I have yet to do it. These cards are on very heavy card stock (it is more like plastic like stock)and as mentioned, would be great for autographs and as a display piece. I am looking for 15 bucks delivered on this lot.

FYI, The Gossage is not included in this lot.
016.jpg

021.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

030.jpg

So I used to tick my dad off everytime he would take me to a baseball game and beg him to buy me one of those cheap plastic batting helmets I think all kids thought were cool back in the day. I remember wearing that helmet for weeks until it would eventually fly off my head while on my bike and shatter on the pavement. Those were sad days when my helmet would finally break. What kid didnt want them and maybe thta kid never grew up and someone may want these now. I have one each of the Cardinals and RedSox full size replica batting helmets. These helmets are uncracked and unscratched and still have the platic adjustable strap on the inside. These are ideal for autographs or to spruce up a man cave. Since they are bulky they will cost a few bucks to ship so I am asking 8 bucks SHIPPED each for these helmets with probably 5 going for postage!!

003.jpg

004.jpg

The next item is a Chicago Cubs giveaway item that was not given to the 1st 10,000 fans throught the gate on game day but rather to the 400 attendees of the annual Cubs Care benefit dinner that was held on Wrigley Field in August of 1985. This team picture comes on hihgh gloss stock and is actually a four page folder-like piece. There is the cover and as the piece is opened, there is one large page for autographs (which is blank...no autos) and then the team photo. The back page is also blank and could be used for additional autos. I am looking for 5 bucks delivered on this lot.

touch1.jpg

touch.jpg

The next item is a 2001 Baseball Hall Of Fame year book that was issued to commemorate the induction of Dave Winfield, Bill Mazeroski and Kirby Puckett into the Hall of Fame. This year book has not been read so the spine is fully intact and would be a great additional to any collector of the players involved. This high gloss page yearbook is filled with 185+ pages that provide information on all Hall of Famers as well as umpires and others significant to the game. There are a few minor scuffs on the back cover from storage but it is a great magazine non the less. This originally sold for 10 bucks at the hall but I am asking 7 bucks shipped.

halloffame.jpg

The next item is a sales promo sheet for the 1995 Donruss baseball set that features all Chicago White Sox including slugger Frank Thomas. This item has no creases or rips and has been stored in a magazine bag and board sine it as received. I am looking for 5 bucks delivered on this lot.

sox1.jpg

sos2.jpg

Next item is a set of 1982 Chicago White Sox phantom World Series and playoff tickets. These were printed by the WHite Sox in anticipation of their entry into the post season in 1982 but it was not meant to be. These tickets and in sheet form with now creases or dings. these would look great framed with the Sox team photo I will also include in this lot.. Looking for 8.00 dollars shipped.

100_1538.jpg

100_1430.jpg

The next item is a album that was produced by Megacards, the maker of the Conlon Collection (Sporting News) baseball cards. This is the first series of the Conlon Color Masters Series. Charles Conlon was the premier photographer for the major leagues back in the turn of the 20th century and captured some spectacular photos of the game's early legends. Presented here is a album of Conlon's work that features 8 colorized gloss photos that measure about 8.5 x 11 and come in a padded binder-like album with plastic sheets for each picture. You can keep these pictures in the album or take them out and frame them by themselves or with a cut auto. The possibilities are endless. The certificate that comes with this set of eight photos explains that this album is one of 25K that were produced. These are great pictures that really bring the old black and white photos to life. You will get ALL of these photos (and one that wasnt pictured) along with the custom album and certificate from Megacards. I am looking for 10.00 delivered on this item.

conlon.jpg

conlon7.jpg

conlon6.jpg

conlon5.jpg

conlon4.jpg

conlon3.jpg

conlon2.jpg

conlon1.jpg

Again, an item from the above youngsters collection is a Chicago Cubs window decal that is circa 1962. I remember seeing these types of decals everywhere when I was young. Pro sports teams, colleges and even high school teams had these types of decals made but a Cubs version does seem to be more rare for some reason. This "cute cub" logo decal is still on it's orginal backing and would make a great addition to a vintage Cubs collection. I am looking for 8.00 dollars delivered for this item.

cubssticker1.jpg

cubssticker2.jpg

The next item on the list is a 1981 Topps baseball sticker set that contains a total of 262 stickers with the last 20 being "foil". The stickers in this set have no creases and have never been used. This set features all of the stars of the day and make an interesting collectable. I might even have the actual sticker book available so if I can find this book I will throw it in to the deal at no extra costs. I am looking for 8 dollars delivered on this item.

stickerset.jpg

Next on the list is a lot of 12 Chicago White Sox cards. What is so special about these cards? Well...they were tough to get as they were not issued in pack form but issued at Old Comisky Park. The real interesting part of these cards is that they were NOT issued as a set but only issued at the gate on Tuesday nights and only two cards were issued each Tuesday. To get a full set, you had to attend each Tuesday night during the season and many of these cards were issued in small quantities due to rain outs and such. This lot represents about half the set but it does contain a Luzinski and LaRussa which are some of the main stars of the set. The tougher ones to find are the Kittle rookie and the Fisk and these two are NOT included in this lot. I am looking to get 10 dollars delivered on this lot.

sox3.jpg

sox2.jpg

sox.jpg

More to come...I have other boxes to open. Please pm me with any questions

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I vote this as best thread ever. Go open more boxes!
I love stuff like this but not a Cubs fan you have any Nolan Ryan or Rangers stuff?

mchenrycards

I vote this as best thread ever. Go open more boxes!
I love stuff like this but not a Cubs fan you have any Nolan Ryan or Rangers stuff?

Since I worked in the National league I really do not have any Rangers stuff. I friend of mine was a scout for them in the early 90's but he would never trade me any of his good stuff! LOL.

The only Ryan I have is an autographed ball he personalized to me. I knew Nolan Ryan was a decent man but from the day he gave me the autographed ball I had so much more respect for him. He not only was happy to sign but he asked my name and personalized it to me with a "best wishes" with out being asked. He was one of the most cordial super stars that I ever met in seven years on the job and a man that would take time out of his schedule for just about everyone.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Since I worked in the National league I really do not have any Rangers stuff. I friend of mine was a scout for them in the early 90's but he would never trade me any of his good stuff! LOL.

The only Ryan I have is an autographed ball he personalized to me. I knew Nolan Ryan was a decent man but from the day he gave me the autographed ball I had so much more respect for him. He not only was happy to sign but he asked my name and personalized it to me with a "best wishes" with out being asked. He was one of the most cordial super stars that I ever met in seven years on the job and a man that would take time out of his schedule for just about everyone.

Yeah he is the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris to the 100th power.
Glad he is the owner for my favorite team.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Great stuff! I hope you'll post more. I enjoy seeing the items you have put in this thread. They are great glimpses into the history of the game.

mchenrycards

Great stuff! I hope you'll post more. I enjoy seeing the items you have put in this thread. They are great glimpses into the history of the game.

Thanks Bill for the kind words. It has been fun putting stuff up here and not only making these items available to collectors who will enjoy it more but making a few unexpected bucks is a plus.

I am slowly cleaning out boxes I havnt touched in years and I am surprising myself with some of the stuff I find. I have a few friends who have worked for sports teams a great deal longer than I ever did and I know they have many many more boxes than I ever will and they are watching what I am doing and will probably allow me to liquidate their collections as well. I am hoping to be finished with my "stuff" and boil down the collection to something manageable and keep what I want to keep and start on my friends collection in the summer of next year. They have some prettty good stuff including jerseys, equipment and the like!!!

mchenrycards

And since I didnt want to post cards for sale in another thread (since it would be against the TOS) I want to throw a few cards in here. So here goes.

The first lot is a lot of 33 1971 Topps football cards with some stars and minor stars sprinkled in. The majority of these cards are conservatively graded exmt with some possibly higher. I am looking for 15 dollars delivered on this lot.
71toppsfoot.jpg

The next lot is a 2 card lot of Sage basketball that features Sharpie autographs on the front of the card. The first card is a 1998 Sage Michael Doleac that has a very nice blue Sharpie auto on the front and it has been serial numbered 209/350 on the front. The second card is a 98-99 Andrae Patterson autographed card that also features a fine tip sharpie auto on the front and a serial number of 11/400 right below the autograph. Sage cards dont scan well because the autograph is on a large holgram but please know these autographs are bright and very nice. I am looking for 6 bucks delivered on this lot.

autos.jpg

The next lot is two cards from the vintage Fleer baseball greats sets. The first is a Gabby Hartnett that if it was ventered would be in a PSA 9 holder. This is a nice card despite the centering and crappy scan. The second card is a Frankie Frisch that is card number 30 in this popular set. Again, the scan sucks but the cards dont. Asking 5 bucks on this lot.

fleer.jpg

fleer2.jpg

The next lot is a lot of 7 nicely cut Hostess cards with all having the dotted boarder around the card. None of these cards have creases but the Geronimo and Forster are slightly stained on the back. I am looking for 5 dollars on this lot...delivered. Do you feel lucky sending these in to PSA?

hostess.jpg

I have been a collector of Topps Heritage sets since they were first released in 2001. Through the years I had put together at least 4 or 5 master sets of all sports and usually sold them off to fund another collecting endevour. Not long ago I came across a large number of Heritage baseball cards fro 2001 and 2002 and decided to attempt to put together another master set. I decided to pursue all card variations as well as the three insert card sets that Topps included with this popular series. I did not go after the autographs or relics but everything else was fair game. I have come to the point where I have a need for some money and not for a collecting need but something that will help me further my profession so I will be selling these near sets off.

The first lot is a near MASTER set of the 2001 Topps Heritage baseball. This set had 2 back versions of the first 80 cards and I was able to obtain all but 4 card variations. (these are easily bought on line). This set also has a number of SP's at the end of the set and I have a number of these as well. The presented set is literally missing only 48 cards for a completed master set. When I assembled these sets I took great care to have cards that are centered with sharp corners and these sets have them. I also took great care to store these cards in new penny sleaves and carefully placed in boxes. The book value on a MASTER set is nearly 500 dollars with many going online in the neighborhood of 300+. I am asking 175.00 OBO for this nearly complete master set of 2001 Topps Heritage baseball. It would be very easy to complete this set very fast. I just have not had the time. If you have interest.....lets talk. The following is what is needed to complete the set.
11 Derek Jeter Black
12 Alex Rodriguez red
14 David Justice red
61 Bengie Molina Black
311 Doug Glanville SP
315 Rusty Greer SP
319 Robin Ventura SP
320 Todd Zeile SP
322 Henry Rodriguez SP
324 Glendon Rusch SP
327 Bobby Jones SP
328 Alex Ramirez SP
329 Robert Person SP
334 Scott Rolen SP
336 Bret Boone SP
337 Delino DeShields SP
338 Trevor Hoffman SP
341 Mike Hampton SP
343 Scott Erickson SP
347 Todd Pratt SP
349 Benny Agbayani SP
353 Todd Ritchie SP
361 Ruben Rivera Sp
364 Pat Burrell SP
365 Mike Mussina SP
366 Brady Anderson SP
368 Sidney Ponson SP
370 Eric Owens SP
373 Derek Bell SP
375 Travis Lee SP
379 Rick Reed SP
380 Nomar Garciaparra SP
382 Ryan Klesko SP
383 Rey Ordonez SP
387 Tony Gwynn SP
388 Ed Sprague SP
394 Jeff Fassero SP
398 Ivan Rodriguez SP
401 Jeff Conine SP
402 Seth Etherton SP
404 Al Leiter SP
405 Mike Piazza SP
406 Armando Benitez SP
New Age Performers insert set
NAP1 Mike PIazza
NAP2 Sammy Sosa
NAP7 Randy Johnson
NAP8 Derek Jeter
NAP9 Nomar Garciaparra

01heritage1.jpg

01heritage2.jpg

The next item is the 2002 Topps Heritage baseball set. ALl the above is true for this MASTER set as well. This is another very tough set to assemble and would be an excellent companion to the 2001 set. I am asking for 120.00 delivered on this lot which is less than the Ebay going rate. Please let me know if you have interest in this set as I can send you the list of cards that is still needed to complete it.

02heritage1.jpg

02heritage2.jpg

Next lot is 17 1972 Topps baseball cards and 5 1971 Topps cards that have as their condition range from VG to EX (majority are ex). There are some high numbers in this lot. I am looking for 8 dollars delivered on this lot.
Included are:
400 Tony Oliva
500 Joe Torre
557 John Odom
624 Minor League award
650 Sal Bando
730 Rick Monday

100_1583_zpsc7337dff.jpg

100_1587_zpse357f604.jpg

The next lot is an 11 card lot of stars from the 1979 Topps baseball set. These cards are generally in EX condition with no creases. I am looking for 5 dollars delivered on this lot.
100_1585_zpsaa5b1a6d.jpg

Next lot is three Post ceral cards that are nicely hand cut from the cereal package. These cards have no creases and present extremely well. I am looking for 5 dollars on this lot. Included are
1961 Whitey Herzog
1962 Larry Sherry
1962 Earl Averill

100_1593_zps7fd8ef02.jpg

Next card up for sale is a Topps Heritage Al Rosen certified autograph. This 1953 style card features a sharpie autograph on the front and the Topps hologram on the back. It is in out of the pack condition and has been in a top loader since I obtained it. I am asking 18.00 delivered. This same card has two listings on Ebay with both having buy it nows at 45.00 and 49.99 respectivly.

rosen.jpg

Next item is a "lot" of Be A Player autographed hockey cards. Each of these cards carries the BAP certification on the back as each was pulled from packs of various Be A Player card products. There is 27 cards in the lot with five of them being "gold" parallels. These are mainly common autographs with some "stars" like Pat Falloon, Jeff Hackett and David Aebischer in the lot. I am looking for 15.00 delivered for this lot. (And I think I have a few more and if I find them I will throw them in)
FYI...cards in the picture are stacked up...there are 27 cards there.

100_1561.jpg

Next lot is a Peyton Manning SP Maximum Impact rookie insert that is graded a PSA 9. SOLD
Also have for sale the 2008 Derek Jeter National Baseball Card day card that is graded a PSA 9. Looking for 6 dollars delivered on this card.

psamanning.jpg

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Does anyone know how to reach machinery cards?

I'm assuming you mean [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] and if so all you have to do is put the @ symbol in front of their username, any active member (except on mobile) will see they have a mention. And he is an active quality member so he should see it, although with the post being so old, he might not have the stuff you are looking for anymore...

Members online